Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stealth Bug/Rebalancing Issue?  (Read 760 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stealth Bug/Rebalancing Issue?
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:14:09 pm »

Has anyone managed to raise Stealth past 11?  I haven't been able to find anyone challenging enough for it to gain when sneaking (when everyone's alarmed).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:25:38 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:25:22 pm »

How do you even train this skill in the first place? I've yet to figure it out.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:04:46 pm »

Get discovered.  When you reach an encounter, you can use 'v' and instead of running it will take a shot at giving you a stealth check.  Every time you are successful and the first time you fail, it raises stealth (up to 11, apparently).  You can also train it by standing in an encounter square and pressing wait ('s'), whereupon it will gain you on successes or the first failure.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 10:36:07 pm »

I see. I will have to try that. Thanks for the tips :)

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 10:53:25 pm »

I haven't played the new version enough to check, but I think that the elite conservatives can train it up fairly high. Eminent scientists, TV personalities, CCS leaders (though that's very dangerous) and the CEO might work. It's also possible however that 11 is the maximum, since I think some things have changed since the previous release.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:34 pm »

Based on tests going from 9 > 10 > 11, it looks like the difficulty curve (which is quadratic) goes into infinitesimal figures per gain every time it's tested at level 11.  However, I'm still found out every single time by guard dogs, eminent scientists, news anchors etc.

Edit:  Tested with guard dogs as a base, no dice on improvement.  Tried to test with the CEO, realised he goes into panic mode anyway when the alarm sets off so it's a moot point.

Edit 2: Eminent scientist gets the same null response.  It's just capping out at 11.  My guy has all stats over that (Agil 20, lowest stat is Cha at 13).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:47:55 pm by Iituem »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Stealth Bug/Rebalancing Issue?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »

Guard Dogs have special rules that allows them to auto-detect you, at least some of the time; they may not train stealth since they're impossible to beat even with 20 stealth.