Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What would you do to get the final release of DF?  (Read 41495 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do to get the final release of DF?
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »

If DF hit its final version in my lifetime (it won't, but the grandson of Toady's adopted son from Nigeria will complete the game in 2058.. He adopts the Nigerian in 2023 and names him Tarnmok, if anyone was curious..) I'd like to cast off my obligations and loved ones, move to a deserted island that has a five-star hut resplendent with solar power, and just play DF for the rest of my time (about 18 years, give or take 10..)..

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2014, 09:49:45 pm »

Fools! Stop this madness while you can! DF will be self-aware in the future and it will purge all humans!
I keep the picture of "Terminator 2 introduction with Dwarf faces overlapped" on my wall over my monitor.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Minepow2

• Bay Watcher
  • Mystic Glyphs! Ooooo~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:18 pm »

I would become one of many Slaves to Armok, of course!  Anything for my beloved Dwarf Fortress. 
No comments to be found here! 

It was inevitable.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2014, 06:48:35 am »

I would wait 15 years to get version 1 :V (that's my estimate based on progress so far, increased slightly to account for bugfixes)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:43 am »

I'd... Rather wait until the game's actually finished. ???
I'd rather wait too! I like the progress - its why I also like MineCraft.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]