Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help, i cant see!  (Read 3963 times)

zgamer699

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help, i cant see!
« on: February 03, 2012, 05:48:10 pm »

for some reason the white and less white colors for text in game, for example on the start menu "Continue Game."  anyway, they just arn't different enough for me.  i've tried editing the init.colors.txt but that doesnt seem to change what i want.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:20:23 pm by zgamer699 »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Help, i cant see!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

I'm not sure what your question is.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »

I'm not sure what your question is.

I don't quite understand what the issue is. Are the white and black backgrounds blurred into each other or something? Tried changing your computer contrast/brightness settings?

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:57 pm »

I think he's saying that there isn't enough contrast between a highlighted item on the main menu and a non-highlighted menu for him to differentiate between.

If that’s the case you should try and play around with the brightness and contrast settings on your monitor.  I don’t think that there are any options in the init files that will make your situation any easier.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:17 am »

There are color settings in the init files.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Color_scheme
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:19 am »

Yeah, he's saying white and grey look too similar for him.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

zgamer699

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 09:04:31 am »

I think he's saying that there isn't enough contrast between a highlighted item on the main menu and a non-highlighted menu for him to differentiate between.

If that’s the case you should try and play around with the brightness and contrast settings on your monitor.  I don’t think that there are any options in the init files that will make your situation any easier.

Malt_Hitman has got it, it is the contrast between highlighted and non-highlighted.  My monitor is a tv screen on the other side of the room, and most other things look good with respect to the brightness settings and such, so id really like to get dwarf fortress to change its text color.  I really don't think this has been figured out anywhere else, and I'm willing to do just about anything short of dwarven sacrifice, but im out of ideas / skills.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:57 am »

replace your color.txt file (should be in Dwarf Fortress/data/init ) with one of these - http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Color_scheme

zgamer699

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »

replace your color.txt file (should be in Dwarf Fortress/data/init ) with one of these - http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Color_scheme

I thought i had tried changing it myself, but apparently more trying was warranted.  Im not sure what I did wrong, the colors for for the most of the menus highlighted/ non-highlighted are white / dGray.  thanks for bearing with me on this, maybe it'll help another struggling keeper of dwarf lists.