Author Topic: ASYLUM  (Read 5699 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
ASYLUM
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:41:06 pm »

They bring you to me

You are weak. A newborn, raw and unfocused. But I have seen the future that awaits you. You shall be strong. You shall become so much more than a champion, so much more than anyone has ever imagined you could be. You are weak, but you shall become a god.

Can you feel it? The earth cries for you to return. And so your captors listen.
Can you feel it? The water rushes you home. And your captors follow.
Can you feel it? The air whispers your truest name. And your captors heed it.
The fires send you away. They fear you. But perhaps you may yet win the fires heart.
The dead are chanting your coming.
The light is dancing for your return!
The darkness flees at your touch and craves your forgivness!

Gods and mortals can feel your fate ahead of you. But can you?

You are raw as clay. I can feel who you will be, but who are you now? These are questions you will have to answer, and soon. Wake Up. Do not fear the path you tread. Wake Up. I will contact you again when you are ready. Wake Up. Now, go from your slumber, and be a hero. Wake Up.

You wake up. A man is there. His wrists are tied, and he's nudging you with his foot.

"Wake up. They're coming to get us. What's your name?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
Re: ASYLUM
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »

Ter-kee Jargandar
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:51:17 pm »

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »

Robert McLeod

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »

"Good. They've docked us up in some dinky island called Nippon." That's right, they were shipping you in a prisoners barge from Avalon. Nippon is a highly urbanized puppet nation. The Empire gets its gold, and the Oni get to pretend they have some say over their lives.

"You hear that? That's the guard, Seth."

"Shut your damn mouth prisoner, before I plug it with my sword!" A disgusting man stomps down the stairs of the creaking airboat. He's wearing full platemail, well taken care of and oiled. His sheath is encrusted with rubies - obviously a vanity because the Avalonian uniform doesn't enclude anything not strictly needed - and his helm is slightly off to the side. He sneers at you, revealing gnarled yellow teeth and shards of chewing weed stuck in the cracks. He smells like a bottle of whisky after a long night with an Orcish harem.

"You, Jargandar. You're with me." He squints in the dark. "Where's the damn lantern. What are yah, prisoner?!"

Spoiler: races (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

Hide in the shadows and then sneak around him. When you are directly behind him snap his neck.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »

Keep quiet. If he doesn't know its you, you might not get dragged off to the fearsome land of nippon where you will be forced to commit sudoku.
Long Live United Forenia!

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »

We will be a Kitsune. for sneaking we shall go! :D
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:02 pm »

Do That
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 08:10:27 pm »

Do That
Indeed. It is better to be not seen at all, and if seen, not be hit at all opposed to the alternatives.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 08:23:53 pm »

Kitsune.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »

"...Kitsune." You were born in Avalon, just like your parents or grandparents, so you have no idea what Nippon may be like. You hope they'll be more accepting than the kids back in Avalon.

"Great, a thrice-damned sneak." He grabs you roughly by the scrff of the neck and starts hauling you outside. You decide to not give this man the satisfaction of speaking.

The outside world is much brighter than the dank hold of the prison ship. The clouds float lazily overhead, failing to obscure the sun. You always hated the sun. You like clouds though, and people never took kindly to a Fox roaming the streets at night, so you learned to deal with it quickly.

You're floating high above the city. The ship flies, if your recall correctly, by a set of magical hubs on the bottom. Airships aren't meant to land and they can't power themselves, so it's always a danger just to be docked. Luckily the sky is clear of storms so the ship should be fine for the few seconds you're on it.

You're shoved onto the dock like vermin. While you stumble, you get a good look at the small town you're positioned over.

Pointed roofs dominate the skyline, designed to move the common monsoons over them. The buildings are light, airy, and simple, all wood and paper. It's little wonder the Avalonians could dominate the Oni so easily, because there's not a single stone building in sight save for the chapel. The Avalonian pyromancers would have a heyday with this construction!

And yet there's a sort of beauty to it. The structures are meant to be destroyed. The whole city, you observe, is designed to be built in a week or two. Every structure mixes function with grace, and the gently sweeping lines give you a soft sense of familiarity. The buildings remind you somewhat of your mother, all curves and rounded points. It's beautiful.

The Oni at the docks, not so much. Like all prison guards anywhere, this one has a serious physical defect, which appears to be the abnormally large mole on his normal-but-still-big nose. It almost looks like it's staring you down.

"Jargandar, Kitsune." He says in a monotone. "Presumably male. What's your class and birthsign, runt?"

Spoiler: classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birthsign (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 10:57:26 pm »

Rogue with the Assassin's Cross Sign.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »

Rogue with the Assassin's Cross Sign.
+1
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: [1] 2 3