Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

what should we have

should there be ponies?
- 18 (9.6%)
should there be dwarves (if you dont put a point in here your a fucking elf)
- 67 (35.6%)
should there be elves?
- 34 (18.1%)
should there be CATS?
- 46 (24.5%)
other things?
- 23 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: February 06, 2012, 10:56:09 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: WE NEED A TUMBLR  (Read 17352 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WE NEED A TUMBLR
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:39 pm »

Hello there fellow dwarves, we have been around just as long as net hack, and they have a tumblr, but we dont, WE NEED A DWARF FORTRESS TUMBLER. i have a tumblr made up, who ever wants to work on it feel free to pm me for the password, if you fuck it up the password will be changed and you will be kept out of the loop of it. WHO HERE WANTS TO MATCH THE NETHACK MLP VERSION WITH OUR OWN DWARF FORTRESS MLP?? WHO WANTS TO BECOME A FAMOUS TUMBLER?? US! also feel free to suggest any ideas for it, don't be a troll, and don't be a parasprite ok?

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WE NEED A TUMBLR
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:55:16 pm »

stark raving mad?

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:57:57 pm »

kinda yes, but i just want us to be recognized also, we have a community like the mlp one, we just need to get started on this tumblr so we can spread dwarf fortress around to potential fans, we gotta put links for mods and other things they would want if they were playing DF like the my little fortress mod

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:07:09 am »

Nah

Dwarf fortress is already fairly well known.

Most people cant play it or simply dont care.
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:51:29 am »

but nethack is stealing our spot light, plus it would be fun having our fan art increase by 20% or having the mods doubled (yes i used two mlp memes just now) but really, it would be nice to do it on tumblr becuse we could get people and ponies to assimilate them selves to our universe, so we can go full cupcakes on the anti bronies, we can also make new community fortresses with the people on tumblr waiting turns, we could out do boatmurderd for fucks sake, and it would be nice to have a larger community because frankly, I've seen three of my friends on most of these things and it makes it seem kinda stale but that's just me

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:00:04 am »

I cant tell if your serious or not.

Regardless, I still say no.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:03:14 am by Lumix »
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:27 am »

kinda yes, but i just want us to be recognized also, we have a community like the mlp one, we just need to get started on this tumblr so we can spread dwarf fortress around to potential fans, we gotta put links for mods and other things they would want if they were playing DF like the my little fortress mod

Tip: It sounds like you're promoting My Little Pony more than DF. If you actually want to advertise DF to people, leave the brony shit out of it unless you're trying to specifically evangelize it to bronies, because the rest of us will just get irritated, especially if you give it undue presence compared to other mods/fandoms... which you clearly are.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:07:26 am »

Tip: It sounds like you're promoting My Little Pony more than DF. If you actually want to advertise DF to people, leave the brony shit out of it unless you're trying to specifically evangelize it to bronies, because the rest of us will just get irritated, especially if you give it undue presence compared to other mods/fandoms... which you clearly are.

Good job. This is what i wanted to say, But i couldnt work out how to say it without sounding like massive dick.

Thankyou.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 01:12:36 am »

Also.

but nethack is stealing our spot light

I don't get this. Nethack and Dwarf Fortress aren't even very similar games at all. Nethack is a prominent and prolific roguelike dungeon-crawler, and DF is... well, whatever you want to call DF, it sure isn't the same thing. They aren't in competition and I don't think either's fanbase detracts from the other at all.

plus it would be fun having our fan art increase by 20% or having the mods doubled (yes i used two mlp memes just now) but really, it would be nice to do it on tumblr becuse we could get people and ponies to assimilate them selves to our universe, so we can go full cupcakes on the anti bronies

Why the hell are you talking about ponies so much???
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:06 am »

uh ok i guess I've spent a little to much time around poni, ok then no need for the ponies lets just try a dwarf fortress tumblr alright? if the need arises for some poni we can add it then, but until then just stick with dwarves and there dwarfyness alright? oh and to answer your question G-flex i've been watching PMV reading fanfiction and watching the episode, it seems my mind has been echted with it, right next to topa tenga gurren lagan

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:33 am »

fuck spelling

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:24 am »

uh ok i guess I've spent a little to much time around poni, ok then no need for the ponies lets just try a dwarf fortress tumblr alright? if the need arises for some poni we can add it then, but until then just stick with dwarves and there dwarfyness alright? oh and to answer your question G-flex i've been watching PMV reading fanfiction and watching the episode, it seems my mind has been echted with it, right next to topa tenga gurren lagan

I don't know what PMV is. Is that some sort of new drug.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:45 am »

pony music video

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 01:21:41 am »

we have been around just as long as net hack
*snrk*
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:05 am »

Is this guy joking? Please tell me he is joking. Ugg.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7