Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't get civ to spawn.  (Read 1194 times)

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't get civ to spawn.
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:00 pm »

I'm attempting to make an Ork civ, but something is going wrong and I can't seem to get them to spawn during worldgen.

I've varied starting biomes/sites signficantly, but I can't seem to get them to spawn at all. I check legends, but they never register a presence.

Ork Civ:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get civ to spawn.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »

First, open your errorlog, you should see a txt file named errorlog.txt, open it and paste it here.

Second, gen a world and check your legends, see if any civs are spawning at all, they might be dieing off.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »

First, open your errorlog, you should see a txt file named errorlog.txt, open it and paste it here.

Second, gen a world and check your legends, see if any civs are spawning at all, they might be dieing off.

I've been using legends to check whether or not they have spawned. There isn't a single civilization or historical figure.

Here is the most recent errorlog info:

I've fixed all of these already, however.

Ork Creature:

Ork Civ:

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:02 pm »

Typo in the entity file (shouldn't stop it from working though):  [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:UCOMMON]

Found the problem: In the creature file the token you define is "Ork" however int he entity file it is "ORK"

They both need to be the same case.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:13 am »

Typo in the entity file (shouldn't stop it from working though):  [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:UCOMMON]

Found the problem: In the creature file the token you define is "Ork" however int he entity file it is "ORK"

They both need to be the same case.

Many thanks!