Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RUN AWAY!!!  (Read 2192 times)

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RUN AWAY!!!
« on: February 06, 2012, 01:31:40 am »

Howdy all,

After an archer or melee dwarf has engaged in combat, is there anyway to make him/her run away? I'm trying to setup an ambush on some gobbos who are lingering outside my fort entrance and I want to clear them out before the next caravan arrives.

Tahlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RUN AWAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:27 am »

If you attacked him with the squad screen, Go back to it and have it get canceled, Then create a burrow wherever you want him to go. I think this should work.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:14:41 am »

Nope. Trying to get military dwarves out of combat is basically impossible whil the enemy is still alive (although marksdwarves will follow orders if they're out of ammo).

Unless the dwarves are blind... I think that works.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:25:35 am »

's' to select squad> then press the appropriate letter>'o' to cancel attack order.

That, or just remove said dwarf from the military. Instant civilianship, followed by the retreat.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

Howdy all,

After an archer or melee dwarf has engaged in combat, is there anyway to make him/her run away? I'm trying to setup an ambush on some gobbos who are lingering outside my fort entrance and I want to clear them out before the next caravan arrives.

Once a Dorf has caught sight of an enemy, they will rack bolts, charge and stab until they, or the enemy is dead.

Or you could, you know, remove their eyeballs.

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »

civs prioritize fleeing (but you cant control which direction) so make him a civilian somehow. you could switch to "inactive" alert and cancel orders, or remove him from the squad.

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

Thanks all, it seems the only way is to make sure he doesn't have a loaded crossbow and then switch him to being a civilian, even when I make Urist into a civie if he still has ammo he'll blast away until they dogpile him.