Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 81037 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.2.2
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »

The reaction seems a bit glitched at the workshop. I'm trying to tweak it so that the scarcity of "lost supplies" is about that of platinum in vanilla DF, so it won't completely break the game. The ration bars are just for fluff. The Imperial Guard's ration bars can supposedly even survive exterminatus, so they'll probably be still edible after being under several million tons of sewage and trash. You can change the plasteel box to some other material.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:40:47 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2012, 06:00:07 pm »

I would imagine that ration bars would be something you'd only get from guilders (since they are also the only source of guardsman grade fighting gear.) But they'd also be more expensive.

If you can adjust a probablity thing on the lost supplies thing, I would imagine ammo and PDF/Ganger weapons would be the most common, followed by lower end melee weapons, maybe an inferior or heavily worn out version of flak armor that uses carbide as it's material or whatever the one for scrap body armor is, and the rarest possible finds being power weapons or even an occasional bolter/bolt pistol (Ammo would be obscenly expensive, since, while not uncommon, bolters are a bitch to take care of and get a hold of if you aren't a space marine.) If possible to tag a syndrom to a bolter round, then I would imagine that would be something akin "loss of limb" that would casue the affected part to explode/boil. Pitty the poor hiver or outlaw hit in the body by one. (Again, if possible to manipulate probablity, these would be so low you'd need to be blessed by Armok, the Emperor, and the two gods of all dickery, the deciever and Tzeentch, would have to be in a good mood.)

That'd mean any discoveries of lost supplies would make players do whatever it takes to get a legendary miner so they can have thier dreams crushed when all the find are two boxes of autogun magazines, a crate of ration bars, and a carbide riotshield.

And the cries of dispair would be great. Although alot of others would consider it a miracle if they got such items as it stands.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »

I would set the cluster amount to 5.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2012, 06:22:53 pm »

I meant during reclaimation.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »

Necromunda was a game of risk taking and patience. I wanted to see lost supplies included to give a sense of reward and exploration. I would consider this to be like secondary adamantine. Here's also a little bit more modding.

Instead of having it all done at the Reclaimators, you have to basically thaw the supplies out of the gunk and trash it was lying in for centuries.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then you process the crate at a reclaimator.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »

Its better, but your still not thinking big picture. I'm very strict on myself when it comes to adding more economy/industry in top of what we have. I also dont want to just say "no it doesnt fit with the mod"... We do eventually want archeotech hoards in the game and we do like to hear suggestions.

Have a think about how to integrate what you want to include with the rest of the gameplay. You say this is a replacement adamantine, and yet it doesnt give you anything that you cant get elsewhere earlier.

What are the steps you must have taken to prepare for getting this rich bounty?
What are the risks?
What stops you just digging up everything until you find this?
What other industries could be involved with this?
What are the opportunity costs of taking it?
Can we integrate this with upcoming DF features?

You have clearly played Necromunda so my hat comes off to you! Remember how the Archeotech items worked in that? They only worked for some people, or looked like inert junk before being activated. They always allowed you to break the rules. Perhaps you need to buy something from the Guilders to help activate it, or you have to use one of your Isotropic rods. Perhaps they could also be the founding block of an advanced workshop! Weapon enhancements? Autogun+Archeotech goes in and out comes a plasma gun, or other alien relic. Inert C'tan phase sword.. cant be activated by anyone with a soul.. who knows!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:11 pm »

Maybe buying keys for the chests? I was just thinking of making the supplies a really rare find but I get your point. I also didn't mean replacing addy, but making it something worthwhile to go explore for.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:23:10 pm by Mrhappyface »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:04 pm »

I was thinking that maybe you can have a chance of negative effects in the box, like with Meph's magic/alchemy system. For example, the box might contain bombs that would explode at the slightest jolt, or contain contaminated ration bars (look just like normal ones, but give syndromes.) Many possibilities.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2012, 11:45:05 pm »

Maybe buying keys for the chests?
"Key items" indeed is what I was thinking. Seeing as we have the power of imagination there must be something more suitable for the theme. Remember that we want to design a "box of goodies that needs a key" but it can be anything! A device that only turns on with a key, or needs a special power source. Archeotech looks like junk but then has wondrous effects.

(look just like normal ones, but give syndromes.)
I like your style but we can take it one step further. You get a device which can kill bacteria in food. It allows you to set up a workshop which can take any prepared food item and irradiate it, making it rot proof and turning it into "edible slurry". Maybe it turns 10 food items into 2-3 stacks of 5 food items but you cant tell which of the stacks is poisonous. If you see it create 3 stacks in one go, meaning that one is poisonous, do you quarantine the whole batch or just leave it to fate who eats the bad ones?

A wild gameplay element appears!

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

Ooh. Advanced archaeotech tech workshops? Ceramite kilns, power weapons, drug dispensers, matter recombination?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:57:40 pm by Mrhappyface »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »

You guys still alive?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2012, 07:34:23 pm »

Yep just starting a new job this week

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »

Radical bro, what is it?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »

A storeman role in a local electrical warehouse. The pay is turds, but its only a kilometre from home :)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2012, 04:07:37 am »

A teaser of the future stone/metal industry system. The idea is to slowly build this huge automated machine, and to feed it with stone from minecarts. Most parts have a "manual labour" option that really does take a lot of labour. The whole set up will eventually use about 8 Isotropic Fuel rods.

Click here as the image is quite large
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20