Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 80988 times)

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.1.5
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 03:50:46 pm »

I just tested and confirmed iron slag smelting is working as intended, perhaps you didn't have any accessible fuel (coke, charcoal etc.)?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

I have discovered the main reason for why this crashes on mac, It says that it cant recognize the barter currency bindings. also, upon observation of the interface file, it appears that the barter currency hotkeys are bound to keys like v, which have already been used.that may be one of the only problems. Good luck
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »

I just tested and confirmed iron slag smelting is working as intended, perhaps you didn't have any accessible fuel (coke, charcoal etc.)?

Having just tried it, it works now, strange. Maybe it was when I compiled it earlier, hm. Works good now though.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.1.7
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:43 am »

Just wanna pop in and say that this one damn nice mod. I'm not too familiar with Necromunda (I'm more into 'mainstream' Warhammer and BFG), but it sure plays nice. Sadly, I won't be able to play more until after this master thesis dissertation of mine, but I am looking forward to it!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Stratah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

I can't help feeling lost in this mod.  Is there anywhere I can do some research so I can know how to play it?

(it sounds stupid coming from a mid-core DF player, but what the heck)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:28:16 pm by Stratah »

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 02:23:57 pm »

I'll admit our mod has quite the learning curve.  Outside of the interface, it's basically like learning to play DF all over again because everything is different and more difficult.  Abregado will be creating a video let's play on youtube soon in which he will explain how to play our game, otherwise the best we can offer is to keep the economic flow chart on hand and read the critical notes for survival listed in the original post.

Otherwise, if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask them here and we will answer.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »

I can't help feeling lost in this mod.  Is there anywhere I can do some research so I can know how to play it?

I've created an industry flow chart that is viewable in the OP. Main mechanical change is that we have introduced a soft population cap with the Water Industry. You need to set up a Water Still and a Distillium, and supply it with enough glass bottles, barrels and hivers with the Brewing labour. This generated a constant flow of "purified water" which is the basic "alcohol". All other alcohols need this ingredient, and give less units of drink than you put in.

Making the best metals also saps your water supply, so you will need to think about how to spend your water.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:41 am »

implementing a new set of rare trade items available only from the Guilder Caravans. These guys wont show at your fort until you have exported or tributed to your home civilization quite a bit. But they bring the goodies!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

We now have a whole slew of new 40k weapons/armor that you will be able to trade with the Guilders. Also a whole new trading system involving Bulk trade goods in crates.

Suds has made some updates to the tileset and its looking SHMICK! If there is enough interest we might release 1.1.8 with only the cosmetic changes, retaining the old base DF. as 1.2 is upgraded to DF34.0X it is causing us a fair few problems without actually adding anything to the mod at all.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 06:02:07 pm »

I just don't know what to say right now.
I could say your mod is bad-ass, but we all know that already. It's crazy *FUN* too.

Just a thought, what about having gems as Scrap electronics or junk other valuable resources left over in the rubble? It makes sense seeing it was all buildings at one time.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »

Oh I forgot to mention I had already put that in.. just kinda playing with it to see where it can be used.

The problem seems to be that its either too random, too complex, or replaces too may other industries. Unexpectedly hard to balance a scrap/scavenging system. Currently its a way to bang together a bunch of really crappy melee weapons and armor at the start of the game, before you get into smelting. Either way, still needs more work.

Also looking at adding more ingestible syndromes to food that you grow. The labour intensive foods will be safe for your hivers, but if you choose to eat it early.... you could be in trouble.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 07:26:18 am »

Work continues on the new version. There are some more easily farmed edible plants now. Of course without processing they may make your hivers sick. Its not deadly but it will cut into your productivity. Of course that productivity cut isnt as much as the amount of labour you save from not processing the foods.

Metal cloth industry is still not complete. Getting there. This release is going to be huge!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:01 am »

Just testing some of the new stuff. All went well apart from green grass...

New workshop graphics from Sudz Zimmerman

Aftermath from a series of scavvy ambushes (5 in total at the same time)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 01:15:25 pm »

Huh, the unloading bay was supposed to have hazard stripes all around - did I screw something up or did you change it? Also, would it kill you to write a little once in a while? :P
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »

haha! Yes we changed it a little. I had an email open to send you, then my nephew arrived for a visit! Bloody family getting in the way of modding BAH! :D

Guilders are getting Mesh and Carapace armors for trade along with chainswords and powerweapons in the next round of testing :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20