Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: [DF 34.07] Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.3.2  (Read 80993 times)

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Underhive Settlement Mod - v1.1.7
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 11:28:32 pm »

Excellent work as usual Suds, I especially like the water still tiles!

RIP Moebius :'(

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »

Posting to say the mod looks pretty cool, keep up the good work.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »

Some new and exciting things coming up in Toadys next release. Will probably hold off until its released for the new version of Underhive Settlement. We wanted to put in new and simplified clothing which will include making proper boots (everyone in the underhive seems to have chunky combat boots!).

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:12 pm »

do you have a version of this that goes with Pheobus?

EDIT: oh wait, it isnt ASCII...

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 05:39:58 pm »

Yep, the current edition is a modified ironhand tileset. The Sudz Zimmerman has been doing a lot of new tiles and in the current development build its looking ludicrously schmick!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »

Must say, I like this. A lot. Scabies are fun to fight, and for once merchents are vital to your success.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »

Must say, I like this. A lot. Scabies are fun to fight, and for once merchents are vital to your success.

merchants being vital to success sounds pretty true to the setting - you don't want to make the trader's angry at you, it's very bad for your health  :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:28 am »

So far I love this mod.

Although the lack of wagons makes trading difficult for me... SO i just basically ask for what I want to steal from them (Weapons and ammo mostly.)

But overall the only issue I see is lack of variety in animals. And those stupid spiders seem fond of dog flesh, cause they keep killing pet dogs.

Overall though, Splint like. He like alot.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:12 am »

So far I love this mod.

Although the lack of wagons makes trading difficult for me... SO i just basically ask for what I want to steal from them (Weapons and ammo mostly.)

But overall the only issue I see is lack of variety in animals. And those stupid spiders seem fond of dog flesh, cause they keep killing pet dogs.

Overall though, Splint like. He like alot.

Great to see some new faces in this thread, and glad your enjoyed out mod, but could you be a bit more specific about the wagon issue, what makes them so easy to steal from?

Quite a few of the monsters currently in the game only spawn down in the caverns (or domes, as I like to call them for this mod), so if you haven't ventured down there yet you will have about the same number again of new monsters to fight.  Unfortunately there is no great reason to go to the caverns in the current version, but we are working on some things to encourage you to dig deeper ;)

Also, for those who have battled the Scavvies, how did you find firearms vs melee weapons performed? What sort of composition did the attacks come in (melee vs ranged squads) and has anyone been attacked by the Outlaws (you will need a pretty big fort for this)?

Thanks for the feedback!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 01:17:57 am »

Well, what I have to trade weighs too much for the pack animals to carry (Just mugs and toys for god's sake,) so I just request the crap I need and yank the depot. I know, I'm a filthy cheat, but these people burn through food like crazy and I don't have enough metal to meet my need for equipment. Also i think they have severe anger issues, but that's to be expected.

Actually there is one very important need for the domes, and that's silk thread. I'm being spamed endlessly that a guy needs sutures but I don't have the gear to send silk gatheres down to get the crap (I dislike the prospect of losing people to an orb weaver just cause one guy can't slap a band aid over his superficial wounds. Torn skin and fat. Another recruit lost the use of his hand and all he needed was some waxroot dressing.) My recruits skipped rifle training and went imediatly to sparring unarmed, not that I had enough guns to go around. I like these hivers.

Regardless you guys did an amazing job. What did you do to make the ranged weapons fire so quickly? i've been working on a weapon mod but it shoots painfully slow (But admitadly it makes quite the satisfying mess.)

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 01:29:16 am »

Ah yes, stonecrafts were made very heavy in an effort to nerf them down because it's basically free money.  Other crafts are still a viable source of income.  Underhive Settlement is designed to be very challenging, even to keep your hivers fed and living, so don't feel bad if you are having a hard time of it!

With the projectile weapons I'm not 100% sure but I believe that a higher shot velocity results in a higher ROF because each unit is only allowed to have a single projectile in flight at a time.  Shot velocity is a calculated from projectile mass and weapon force, capped by max velocity as far as I know.  Higher velocity will also make more damaging projectiles.  I'm sure the guys in the modding workshop thread will have a more comprehensive answer though.

Wolf spiders are my favourite creatures in the game so far, I think they are at a great spot between nuisance and danger, plus they have a very cool graphic.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 01:38:39 am »

Hmm. Well When I get around to messing with my railguns again I may need to consult you on it.

Those damn spiders are actually a hand source of training, it's just of all the dogs they kill it's always people's pets, resulting in hivers ready to flip shit if bed production and food/booze is lacking.

Had to specificly make sure no more bottles were used to purify water so Icould actually brew some second best from the organ meats. Clever us for the organs, even if it seems a little wasteful in terms of edible food. You'd think someone would make a means to render them edible at least.

Once again, I still gotta praise you for the mod overall. My own complaints are mostly the result of prolific spiders and slightly annoying (to me) querks I can live with. Also, these people make absolutly superb wrestlers.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:24 am »

Higher velocity does make a higher RoF, I did it with crossbows and they turned into machine guns.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 01:56:07 am »

Higher velocity does make a higher RoF, I did it with crossbows and they turned into machine guns.

And now the nerd must ask: WAT VALUE I NEED CHANGE!?

And there was my spastic nerd moment for the day. RoF was my railgun's crippling weakness.
Also I'm kinda shocked some kind of worn out chainsword wasn't available in this mod. And is a constant pathing error spam normal for web collection?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 02:12:52 am »

The pathing issue is still unresolved. It has something to do with them knowing there is thread in the domes but not being able to get to it. Can you give me some more specifics about when it occurs for you? (Have breached the domes? Can see the web on the map? Which labours enabled?)

The Second Best reaction is set up to use 8 bottles of water, while the "bottle to barrel" water reaction only auto queues when you get to 10. If you have organs they should automatically make second best before they make plain water. Same goes with wildsnake (if you can find Ventlurkers...)

Organs CAN be eaten. If you have 20 organs and a bottle of yeast they will convert them to edible "grox meat".

Its really good to see hear some feedback from the mod. Really gets the motivation juices flowing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20