Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Least favorite types of stone.  (Read 10400 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite types of stone.
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:53 pm »

the type of stone i most dislike is....

actually, no i dont really have one, im more of a play with what i got guy than a struggle for hours to look for a sight of the right color.

you know who cares about color? elves care about color, and we all know elves are good for nothing but bringing wood and tigermen to dwarven forts.
and then dying in magma traps for charging too much...

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

Gabbro. I work with it for dirty areas, as I imagine nothing would show up on it. I'm also not a fan of Claystone, but I'm ok since it's still smooth and abundant. Ideally I'd just skip to real stones - the kind that are more like the soul of dwarves and less like mud.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 10:07:57 pm »

smooth and abundant.
That's pretty Gabbro.
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:07 pm »

I have a few least favorite stones.

Starting with orthoclase. For some reason, that damn yellow block of uselessness just gets on my nerves whenever I find it. I guess because it has the same color as gold, but absolutely nowhere near the options.

Second is microcline. Same issue as orthoclase; it has the same color as candy. It annoys the crap out of me that such a holy of metals has any similarity to a simple rock that you can find three steps below the surface.

And finally, although it isn't really a stone; peat. Whenever I see the word peat, I legitimately feel sick. Not sick like I was looking an elf conspirator in the face, but sick like I just caught the flu. No idea why, either. I have nothing wrong with peat, other than its obvious lack of purpose, but the name is just highly disturbing to me.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]