Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: *gulp* Accidently embarked on a dragon cave.  (Read 9773 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *gulp* Accidently embarked on a dragon cave.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 02:13:50 pm »

Dragons don't have can_learn tag so as far as I know they don't learn skills.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 02:20:13 pm »

Dragons don't have can_learn tag so as far as I know they don't learn skills.

Right, so that should be added.

Also, how do hunting and war animals work? Does making a hunting dog turn a dog into a different creature? Not to derail the thread but, curious.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

Also, how do hunting and war animals work? Does making a hunting dog turn a dog into a different creature? Not to derail the thread but, curious.
They don't change the animal, but they add special 'traits' on to it (like, the animal won't flee, and will instead fight.) and possibly increase its combat capability (needs verification) and will allow you to assign it to a dwarf.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 02:46:56 pm »

Yes, but what I meant was how the improvement happens if they don't have skill. Thanks anyway.

Well, I was sufficiently inspired by my own rant to consider doing that myself with [CAN_LEARN] enabled dragons, but something came to mind:

Apparently they won't kill you if they won't see you, so in principle you can have the path to your fort be open and through their cave so long as it's subtle. But, if you feed them a migrant or suicide miner, does that cause them to go on a rampage and kill your entire fort?
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 03:09:07 pm »

I'm guessing s/he went off to get dinner while the world gen ran. That's what I'd do.

It must have been a 12-course extravaganza at a restaurant some 6 hours away, because I've never had a dinner long enough for 4000 years of world gen...
[Signature]

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »

Any chance you would upload that original save/region?  ^ ^

Here!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92DC9YVX
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »

All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »

Here!

Site Has been shutdown? Or is this a lie?

Yeah, a week or two ago. Ars Technica has a really good series of articles on it. It looks like the feds had all they needed to take him down for a while, and just decided it was the right time.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »

Here!

Site Has been shutdown? Or is this a lie?

Yeah, a week or two ago. Ars Technica has a really good series of articles on it. It looks like the feds had all they needed to take him down for a while, and just decided it was the right time.

And anon bitch slapped them for it, but the feds don't care because they can pretty much do whatever they want unless you can afford a very, very expensive lawyer.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 10:46:58 pm »

An update related to the thread:

The dragon just strolled into my fortress and slaughtered all but one of my dwarves - and he's busy chasing the last one down.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:11 am »

UPLOAD I WANT

i been trying to get dragons in one of my forts now for AGES!

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:23 am »

Dragon eggs dont work anyway.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]
Pages: 1 2 [3]