Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 98515 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9 candidates gather in the convention centre. The nine who have made it this far. They've gotten their signatures, worked their way onto ballots, and now they were going to battle out it to become the Republican Presidential Nominee.

But something was wrong.

No, it wasn't just the newfangled Approval Voting system that was pushed on them as an experiment for this election year.

No, it wasn't just the islamofascist comminazi president and his stooges in congress. (And really, he wasn't that bad a guy - despite the propaganda, after all, he still worked for the same companies in the end)

No, the problem was this - there should have been ten. But a last minute blitz of negative ads from an unknown source knocked one of them out of the running before the competition even began. Poor Hoggart Boggart, Macaroni Mogul, was slandered up and down, left and right, and forced to resign from the party in shame. His life has taken a dark turn since his social exile, and he's had to retreat to his Bahama's beach house on a paid 5-month vacation to maintain what little happiness he had left.

None of the candidates admitted to it, of course, but he was brought down by things that no one outside this group could know - things that might not only sink each individual candidate, but ruin their chances for taking back the government. The problem was that some among their number were traitors - political terrorists. RHINOs.

And if any of the candidates were to have a chance of surviving the primary season, they will need to be... disposed of.

Onwards! For Tradition. For Party Purity. And, most of all, for Power!

Why this is mafia:
There will be 9 players - 2 scum, 1-2 third party, and 5-6 town.
Gameplay and wincons will generally follow standard mafia rules - I shouldn't need to explain those here.
Unlike most of my bastards, there will NOT be a way for everyone to win, so don't bother trying to figure it out. :P

Why this is a bastard?
Power Roles - Everyone will have power roles, but not everyone will be able to use them all the time. See: Issues.
Approval Voting - "Vote for one" becomes "Vote for one or more". You may vote for any number of targets, though you may still vote for any target once. Any target who gets more than 50% of the vote will be lynched - this means that you can potentially lynch everyone day 1 if you really felt like it.
Quickish - Days will last 48 hours, roughly, with no extends. Nights will last 4 hours, again, roughly. 24 hours without messaging me or posting is worth a prod. 2 prods means execution. Feel free to submit your night action before it is night, and resubmit to overwrite the last one.
Bonus Win! - In addition to regular wincons, there is a special "Last Man Standing" bonus wincon for the last player left alive. In addition to allowing you to win even if you fail your other wincon, the winner will be rewarded with a special unique power in my NEXT bastard, assuming they want to play. If the game ends early, last man standing will be chosen from among the various survivors (for example, in the case of a town victory). It will be random-ish. See below:
Issues! - Each player will also receive their stance on various issues - Social, Economic, and Religious. You may PM a night message requesting you attempt to sway public opinion one one of them in addition to any other night actions you make, which will change it by one point on the following scale:
Arch-Conservative -> Super-Conservative -> Conservative -> Moderate -> Liberal
The position of the various issues in regards to a nominees stance will determine who is chosen as the Last Man Standing, and may lock or unlock various player powers.

Need 9 players to start.

1. Dariush
2. Toaster
3. Bookthras
4. Pranz
5. Andrew425
6. ToonyMan

7. UristMcUselessNoble
8. Mii
9. Tiruin
10. NativeForeigner
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:40:26 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Part 1: Slay the RHINOs (0/9)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

...I constantly get a feeling you are a mouse who only lives for several weeks and has to do everything QUICK.

In.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:36 am »

Not interested in politics.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:34 am »

...I constantly get a feeling you are a mouse who only lives for several weeks and has to do everything QUICK.

I'm actually a different person every game, and badly want to finish the game before a new being bursts from my chest to take my place. Its only a matter of time...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:06 am »

I can add another game if it's a quick one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Part 1: Slay the RHINOs (2/9)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:04 pm »

What do you get if you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

Quickish - Days will last 48 hours, roughly, with no extends. Nights will last 4 hours, again, roughly. 24 hours without messaging me or posting is worth a prod. 2 prods means execution.
Quick is fun! RINOs are amusing! Issues are flamey! What's not to like?

Approval Voting - "Vote for one" becomes "Vote for one or more". You may vote for any number of targets, though you may still vote for any target once. Any target who gets more than 50% of the vote will be lynched - this means that you can potentially lynch everyone day 1 if you really felt like it.
Uhm... isn't approval voting a "single winner" system? If one player votes Alice and Bob, and the other Bob and Charlie, Bob didn't get over 50% votes, but should be lynched anyway, yes? On the other hand, does the 50% refers to the number of players (i.e., voted by 5 people on D1) or number of votes cast? If everyone voted everyone D1, that's 81 votes, but every player gets only 11% of the vote, no one nearly over 50%... I find this rather confusing (which I guess is part of the point, but some clarity before starting would be nice).

EDITED to add:  can we unvote? Also, I will vote any son-of-a-monkey who claims to believe in Evolution! Darwinism is for blasphemous infidels!

But Yes! Onwards! Make America again the country I grew up in! Bring segregation back! And the draft! And abolish them piratey interwebs! In!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:38:38 pm by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »

Unvoting is allowed. I was considering making it just 1 person wins classic approval voting style, but then I was like "what the hell!"

Let's let everyone be a winner.

So yeah, let's let everyone be a winner! (Just pretend they still haven't quite gotten a grasp on this newfangled system yet)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:49 pm »

I'm so in.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 02:54:31 pm »

So yeah, let's let everyone be a winner! (Just pretend they still haven't quite gotten a grasp on this newfangled system yet)

No need to pretend... I still don't get it.  8-/

Also, Sheb is a Darwinian Marxist Castro Apologist! Lynch hiiiim!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:58:03 pm by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:48:11 pm »

Also, it's 50% of possible votes. Basically does the majority approve (less than half possible votes) of you? Or do the APPROVE (more than than half possible votes on you)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »

This makes it hurt even more to wait for the next BM. x'D So interesting. Posting to watch.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:42 pm »

If you're interested, why not in?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

Posting to watch, a trouble here could be timezones though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:57 pm »

Watching. Pr0n Haul for president.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42