Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Renovation (a mod/fan patch for the Deus Ex) (currently v1.23)  (Read 35504 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[response to deleted spammer removed 'cause threetoe's mad as hell]

In other news, I semi-successfully made a shrinking gun as a joke item. It's really hilarious to see a six-inch version of Paul Denton running around with a normal-sized minicrossbow. It's definitely not working as intended, though; I'm pretty sure it's causing weird crashes, and I don't think the NPC scripting is meant to handle bodies changing size.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:59:39 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[response to deleted spammer removed 'cause threetoe's mad as hell]

Also, to keep this on topic: I'm not even really sure what else to add to the mod, at this point. I'd love to actually fix the light amplification (on the vision aug and goggles), since it doesn't really do anything useful, but I'm not sure it's even possible.

I guess my main concern is actually getting people to download the damn thing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:59:56 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

thezeus18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

zekiel321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like that you're able to play this game to a style you like, but you face a boss, its like your forced to play as a shooter. Its alright with me cause thats how I like to play, but if I went stealth, wouldn't be really advantageous.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not really sure what you mean. Deus Ex has a few important fights, but they don't really feel like "bosses". Most of the time it's easy to hide from the enemies involved, or take them out with explosives or something. A few you can actually run from.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suspect he's thinking this thread's about Human Revolution. Reading comprehension?

I think part of the problem with getting a mod like this popular is that, well, balance issues were never a key flaw in DX. Mechancially speaking the game's fairly easy however you approach things, and it's not interesting enough a pure shooter for comparatively subtle gameplay issues to matter. I'm not saying it's pointless - as you implied in the OP, the game needs something to just correct issues as opposed to adding any more content - but that won't breathe life into the entire experience alone.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think part of the problem with getting a mod like this popular is that, well, balance issues were never a key flaw in DX. Mechancially speaking the game's fairly easy however you approach things, and it's not interesting enough a pure shooter for comparatively subtle gameplay issues to matter. I'm not saying it's pointless - as you implied in the OP, the game needs something to just correct issues as opposed to adding any more content - but that won't breathe life into the entire experience alone.

Yeah, I agree. It's just that most old, popular games tend to wind up with fairly popular "unofficial patches", and nothing like that really exists for Deus Ex. I was hoping to be able to contribute to that effort, I guess.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed a couple major bugs recently: As of 1.22 the FoV auto-adjustment is no longer bugged and works fine, and as of 1.23 proximity bombs properly go off when the player is near (this scales with difficulty, so disarming bombs on Realistic really does require some skill).

Also added a toggle so you can turn autosave on/off, and Italian language support as contributed by some guy from the Internet.
Pages: 1 [2]