Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom gloves not working  (Read 2393 times)

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom gloves not working
« on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:42 am »

I made some custom reactions for some scale armor.  I got all five reactions to work.  Except that the gloves refuse to be worn.  The other armor pieces work fine.  The gloves can't be worn even when directly assigned.  And I can't see why.

The raw for the mail gloves was taken directly from the normal gloves, then modified.  I can't see any direct difference between the gloves and the other armors, other than no UPSTEP.

Here's the raw:

[ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MAIL_GLOVES]
[NAME:mail glove:mail gloves]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[SHAPED]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:10]
[LAYER_PERMIT:15]
[SCALED]
[HARD]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_METAL]

And the reaction raw, just in case.  Which is no different from the others except for the hotkey and the final product:
[REACTION:MAIL_GLOVES]
   [NAME:Make mail gloves]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_G]
   [REAGENT:scale:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:SCALE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MAIL_GLOVES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:scale:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

Also, the armors show up as foreign, though the reactions still work.  What can I do to fix that?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Custom gloves not working
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:25:31 am »

When you make gloves through a custom reaction, it removes "handedness."  Right and left gloves just become "gloves," which cannot be worn on any body part with the right or left tags.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom gloves not working
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:10 am »

Thanks.  Looks like I'll have to make the scales tannable then.  Which I didn't want to do because of how many scales there were.  Oh well.