Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 45048 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD (All spots taken, open for reserved seats)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:14 pm »

And to Fuzzy Zergling, you may want to pick an item to enchant.  It would probably be a good idea.
I enchanted my robe to be +0.5 against damage. I used the [abbr=][/abbr] tags at several points in my sheet, mouse over or quote to see them.

Adding secondary touch magic now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD (All spots taken, open for reserved seats)
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:56:46 pm »

Name: Zerus Halfmoon

Race: Human

Sex: Male

College: Animus University (Ianus Somes, Redimio Ianus)

Guild: The Archaeological Guild

Description: Fairly tall, broad-shouldered young man with a lean build, unkempt black hair, a thin beard, and green eyes. Tends to wear loose, easy to move in clothing.

Equipment: Vampire's Leather Armor (+1 vs damage; -0.5 to quick movement; enchanted +0.5 Lamia Veneficus), Staff (+1 to hit)

Stats-

Strength (Body): 14

Endurance (Body, Realm): 12

Intelligence (Mind): 14

Dexterity (Mind, Body): 12

Charisma (Realm): 14

Wisdom (Realm, Mind): 8

Skill (all): 10
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD (All spots taken, open for waiting list)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »

Waiting on Tiriun, then Turn 0 shall come to pass.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 11:32:41 pm »

Nitpick- It's Thrakor not Thraktor.

Also, I forgot to factor in my race.  What difference does it make, since we can adjust stats how we like anyway?  Does it affect the point at which skills start costing extra?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »

If you forgot to factor in your race, then I did some math wrong, because it came out alright to me.  Just leave it as is for now.  Sorry 'bout the name, I was typing too quickly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:39 pm »

It (should) work out either way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »

Huzzah, Tiruin's sheet is complete!

...except he's missing 8 stat points. And doesn't have an enchanted item, unless that's what the silver part of his sword is supposed to mean.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 11:44:20 pm »

Well someone's watching intently  :D

And...how is enchanting? Isn't that up to the GM?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 11:45:31 pm »

He said we can start with one item enchanted with a +0.5 to "anything but stats."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:41 pm »

Tiruin, you do have eight more stat points left, and I would recommend putting an enchantment on one of your items (only one!)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 12:00:49 am »

Huh, for some reason I saw the Skill(all) thing as empty and needed to be assigned stats (as in not starting with the base 8 ). Oops.

Edited!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:14:03 am by Tiruin »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 12:53:36 am »

Rollin'.

Spoiler: Roll Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 02:19:25 am »

Turn 0

Zofus "Zerg" Berg, Ochita, and Nirathi.
The carriage bumps around slightly as you are taken to the Mages Guild, one of the most prestigious guilds in the land.  As you look around the carriage you can see it's two other three occupants clearly.  They are what seems to be two rather novice mages, and a figure in black sleeping in the corner.  The two novice mages are awake, but deathly quiet.  You sigh, as this trip seems like it's going to be a quiet one...

|  You are quickly thrown from your thoughts as your vision rolls.  As is common in a perilous situation, time seems to slow down, and you asses your situation in shock.  The carriage seems to be twirling in mid air, with your fellow novices in the same state of panic, the figure in black muttering something you can't make out.  As you try and look outside the cart, all you can see is a blaze of red.  Soon time speeds up, and an orb of some sort of glassy material seems to cover the carriage.  The carriage seems to be suspended with in the glasslike material as the ball hits the ground, as there is no real rough landing.  As the carriage lowers to the ground, you are able to make out that the glassy material seems to be ice.

Soon, the ball melts, and you and your fellow mages scramble outside.  In contrast to the icy ball, the outside seems to be blazing, as if coming from a sun right next to you!  You turn around, and there you see one of the most powerful demons, a mighty Balor!  You hear the shuffling of a robe behind you, as the man in black walks forward and says, "Stay back!  You are no match for this foul beast."  You heed his word, and run a good distance away.

Combat!

Man in Black: | The man in black starts summoning a blizzard around the Balor, creating an Orb of Ice, and manifesting a Spear of Ice.

Balor: | The balor starts to manifest a whip of flame, but in too casual in its use, and the flames come to close to its body | Even though it is a beast of flame, the fire it created seems to be a bit too hot, and damages its left hand a little (-1 to rolls with the left hand for 3 turns).

NPC only combat, turn 2

Man in Black:  His blizzard soars into a deadly rage, buffeting the demon || but the damage is insignificant.  The man in black quickly throws his Spear of Ice, it's magic homing in on the beast's || head, blasting the beasts skull into oblivion.  It falls over, dead, its flames extinguished.

The man in black turns around to you cowering in the fields at his incredible display of skill, and asks, "Are you OK?"

Thrakor and Zerus Halfmoon

Being as the Archaeological Guild wasn't far from your location, a simple walk was all it took to get you there.  Once there, you are greeted by a diminutive elf, dressed in a fancy and flowing robe. 

"Hello, my name is Dantal, and I'm to be your guide around the Archaeological Guild, and your mission courier.  If you have any questions before we begin our tour, now is the time to ask."

Kira Talneris

The Fighters Guild is also within the city you are currently in.  You quickly get to your destination, and a Greygim meets you at the door, with a battleaxe on his back.

"Name's Djork.  I'm here to show you around, and to see to it you do all your mission stuff.  Let's get a move on," He says gruffly before you are able to answer.

You come to a door in a long corridor.  Djork speaks to you, motioning at the door, "This is the Whelp barracks, where you'll be staying.  Go in and pick a bed that's free,"

You enter the room, it being completely devoid of anyone, and look around.  It is a rather large space, with forty queen sized bunk beds adorning it's walls, two chests, side by side, in front of each.  Looking at a roster on the door, you see that there are four spaces open, one bottom bed in the front, two top beds in the middle, and one bottom bed in the back.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling]

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:09:49 am by Baradine »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 0, Demons Already!?
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 08:36:12 am »

Make sure I'm unharmed, then ask why we were attacked (and by something so incapable of harming him).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 0, Demons Already!?
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 08:49:58 am »

Sign for the [bottom bed in front], then follow Djork for further details, keeping quiet all the way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13