Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 45055 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 0, Demons Already!?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 10:07:05 am »

Politely ask how a Balor could be here, and ask who the mage is.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 01:49:31 pm »

Reply that I am unharmed, and inspect the carriage for damage.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »

Post to follow, and maybe a sheet later.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 02:37:42 pm »

Working on a sheet.
Edit -
Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:43:08 am by Morelli »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

Just waiting for IronyOwl and Toaster.  I already have everyone else's rolls done, so once they post, it'll be up in about ten minutes or so.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »

Bow politely, decline to ask questions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »

Sorry, was out all day.

Politely nod.  Inquire as to how I can be of service to the guild.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:17 am »

Turn 1

Not too much going on, other than some mild hazing.

Sorry about taking longer than I said I would, went to go hang out with friends.  Lame excuse, I know, but hey!  I still got the rolls done in one day.

Make sure I'm unharmed, then ask why we were attacked (and by something so incapable of harming him).

| You seem to have been burned by the Balor's incredible heat, | but it's not even a first degree burn.

You quickly ignore the Man in Black's question, and ask him why the carriage was attacked, and why he was able to kill it so easily.

| He replies to you,

"To answer your first question, I'm a powerful Ice Mage from the Mages Guild, the guild you just entered.  I am, in fact, the Fifth Grand Magister of the Guild.  And before you ask, no, that doesn't mean I'm leader.  It's the title for someone who has the fifth highest rank in the guild.  The leader of the Mages Guild is just called The Grand Magister, and his name is Indelian Farkan.  My name is Talius Matelian."

He starts to pace, and proceeds to answer your other question,"As to why the Balor attacked, I have no idea.  It couldn't have been an attempt on my life, they wouldn't have sent a fire demon.  The only reasonable explanation is that the Balor somehow forced itself into our realm, and it just so happened to land on us,"

He stops his pacing, and starts to look around.  "We're going to have to get to the Mages Guild by some other means, as you can see the horses have been killed," He motions to the dead horses, "I don't know any teleportation magic, and I don't imagine you guys do either.  I think we'll just have to walk,"

He nods at this, and starts down the road.

Sign for the [bottom bed in front], then follow Djork for further details, keeping quiet all the way.

| You sign upon the roster for the bottom front bed, and quickly go outside and look at Djork.  He starts walking without a word, and soon, you arrive at what seems to be a giant mess hall.

"This is the Mess Hall, where you'll be gettin' your grub.  As long as you do a good supply of missions, your meals will always be paid for."

He walks off again, you following behind, and you get to a room filled with the sounds of battle, with several people sparring with wooden weapons.

"This is the Training Room, where all your basic training will happen, and where you can touch up on your meager skills.

He again goes off at a brisk pace, and you soon arrive at a room filled with dozens upon dozens of people.

"And finally, this is the Great Hall.  You can come here for missions or to just laze about, as I'm sure you would.  The mead is all the finest, and complementary.  So now we're done.  I suppose since you're a mage we can just skip the basic training, and get right to missions.  Or would you like me to get some babysitting in first, since you probably can't fight anyways."

Politely ask how a Balor could be here, and ask who the mage is.

Since your question seems to have already been answered, you just quietly walk after Talius.

Reply that I am unharmed, and inspect the carriage for damage.

You call out that you aren't hurt.  Talius looks at you rather funnily from your delayed reaction.  You look and see that the carriage is completely undamaged, however, there are no horses to pull it.  Looking around, you can see that they have been burnt to a crisp.  Following Talius now would probably be a good idea.

Bow politely, decline to ask questions.

You bow mildly to Dantal, and merely stand there as Thrakor asks his question.

Politely nod.  Inquire as to how I can be of service to the guild.

You nod at Dantal, and ask what help you can be to the guild

| Dantal looks at you in mild irritation, and says,"We will be getting to that in a bit.  First, let me show you to your quarters,"

You follow Dantal down a long hallway adorned with paintings, and soon arrive at a large, double wide door.  The elf says, "This is the quarters for new recruits.  You will be both staying at the fourth bed down, on the left.  Mr. Halfmoon will be on the bottom bunk and... Thrakor will be on the top," | You see him scowl at your name, however slight it may have been.  It seems that this elf is a bit too high and mighty for you.

He proceeds with out missing a beat, however, "As you seem to have no belongings to be stored, if you will please follow me to the next part of your orientation, that would be fantastic.

This elf seems to rub you the wrong way.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the Archeological Guild.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:52:17 am by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 12:52:35 am »

((No pressure on time  :) ))

Kira tightened her grip on her staff. She wasn't happy at how Djork regarded her, but she had to find out if she was cut out for real battle first.

"I'd like to test my skills first, just to make sure I'm fit enough."

Agree to...babysitting.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 1, Guild Hazing
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

Just a quick question for you guys:  If it would fit, would you like for me to start adding the second post information (maps, notables) at the beginning of this thread after every roll?  Or do you think it would be too bulky?

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 01:04:18 am »

Not sure if my vote counts, but I think it would be a nice addition.  It saves having to go back and check, even though that isn't a whole lot of work.  I mean, it's pretty bulky as it is.  A little bit more won't hurt.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:09:29 am by Morelli »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 01:36:34 am »

You could spoiler them, but having an updated map/notes may take lesser time if you use just the OP.

Also, welcome to Bay12 Morelli.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:45 am »

Now that I think about it, if you were to update it in each post you would have to update the OP as well or just let it come outdated.  Maybe it would be better to just leave them how they are.  It's not that difficult to check back.

Thanks Tiruin. :]  I've been lurking for a while, so I decided it was time to finally make an account.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 01:52:20 am »

Follow Talius, ask how far we are from our destination.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 02:20:39 am »

Mrs. Halfmoon? :I

Continue following elf. The lead elf, not the other one.

"If I might ask," Zerus finally said, following with his arms clasped behind his back, "what is your rank here? Do you have a specialty as far as magic is concerned?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13