Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 45331 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 10, Fight or Fornicate
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:36 am »

"Well, what should we do about these bandits? I mean, we could take them to the nearest town, hope for a bounty?"

Rope of water around the bandit's arms and legs, try to heal Zofus's hand again.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2012, 03:00:41 am »

Begin examining the walls. Start at the entrance and walk around the room, going right if I was entering, trying to get an overall picture of what the walls are or contain.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2012, 05:25:57 am »

Kira

{"Hey, Van. I've been wondering, as a spirit, um, how is it like? Do you feel pain or pleasure like us mortals do? And are you also bound to the laws of magic and the physical world, or is the place of spirits on some other place?}

"Sure Djork; say, you won't possibly have another weapon I could borrow there right? Something that could work in close range? I treasure my staff greatly, like a warrior trusts her (or his) own weapon."

Follow Djork.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2012, 08:30:11 am »

Accept her offer of a duel ... By drink! Engage in a tasteless night of drunken debauchery, as only reality-warpers trying to one-up themselves/each other can.
Tastefully awaken the next morning with a discretion shot, leave through the *new* front door at side 1, look at the *new* plaque engraved with my name above the outside of the door (so I can find it again, if my Dreamworld resets to the way it was), and look for the source of the mechanical noises, if they're still even there after last night.

I'm not sure this action is wise, and my Dreamworld will likely make an Escher painting look sane.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:29 am »

Eyes above the neck.

"I represent the Archaeological Guild in investigating the disappearance of Mr. Dovian.  He and two other individuals from this area have vanished under unknown circumstances.  I am here to gather information and locate these people.  Had he mentioned anything strange or acted unusually before he vanished?  Did he have any enemies?  Do you know where he was headed last?"

Interview the woman as above.  Attempt to gather what information could be useful to the quest.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:10 pm »

Ask Talius for advise on how to deal with the remaining bandits.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Turn 11

Time for some more fightin'!

"Well, what should we do about these bandits? I mean, we could take them to the nearest town, hope for a bounty?"

Rope of water around the bandit's arms and legs, try to heal Zofus's hand again.

|  You create the rope around the bandits arms, but try as you might, you cannot hope to get the water to stay around his legs.  Hopefully he won't be much a flight risk, with his injured leg and all.

| Given the fact that you can't really heal Zofus much more than he already is healed with the spell you have, you do a good job.  But mending up his cracked bones doesn't help to much when they aren't particularly attached to each other...

+2 to Ianus Resarcio.  Your skill in Ianus Resarcio has gone up to level 1!  You now get a +1 to all level 0 spells.  You gain the title Man Nurse.

Ask Talius for advise on how to deal with the remaining bandits.

You ask Talius about what you should do with the bandits.

He looks at you for a while, and then says, "Kill them," Sending the only conscious bandit into a panic, "They won't be worth anything at a bounty office, and leaving them alive is just a danger to others."

Begin examining the walls. Start at the entrance and walk around the room, going right if I was entering, trying to get an overall picture of what the walls are or contain.

|  You feel around the walls on the left side of the building, until you feel a wall that gives a little.  You give the wall a cursory push, but it only moves a bit.  You then shove the wall with all your might, and it gives way all right.  The wall spins around, and pushes out the other side.  It was a trap door!

Rather unfortunately, there is no floor beneath you, and you fall for at least three seconds, landing in a pool of water.  As you emerge from the water, you take a look around you.  The place is completely unlit, but you can hear Dorian yelling from the left of you.  The place is so dark you can barely see your hand in front of you.

Kira

{"Hey, Van. I've been wondering, as a spirit, um, how is it like? Do you feel pain or pleasure like us mortals do? And are you also bound to the laws of magic and the physical world, or is the place of spirits on some other place?}

"Sure Djork; say, you won't possibly have another weapon I could borrow there right? Something that could work in close range? I treasure my staff greatly, like a warrior trusts her (or his) own weapon."

Follow Djork.

Van replies, "When I was in my previous form, I was something of a... nonexistance.  I had no perception of where I was, and I could see nothing.  I only had my thoughts and myself.  However, I was not always like that.  Before I had came unto that terrible state, I was simply a creature of wind, a physical body with a wind form.  I am bound by all the laws of the universe that you are."

After Van has finished, you ask Djork your question.  He looks at you, then out of nothing, he creates an +Ebony Shortsword+, and hands it to you.  He then walks off, and you follow him, equipping your new weapon as you do so.

You soon arrive at a cave, where you assume the rogue mages are hiding.  He walks into the cave, and you two soon arrive at an absolutely enourmous chamber.  However, it is completely plain except for two men in black robes standing in the middle.  The taller of the to takes off his hood, conjuring a staff as he does so, and tsk's at Djork.

"Foolish, foolish man.  Did you really think this wasn't a trap for you, Djork von Raichstein, or as some know you, the Strike of Valtreus?  You are quite well known from the war, and there are many who want you dead.  I thought my self and my apprentice would be overkill, but it seems you brought him a toy to play with."

Djork says nothing, only taking out his... is that Adamantium?  It seems your overseer has some powerful equipment, as he whips around his blazing blue battle axe.

The other mage in black takes off his hood as well.  He has bright blonde hair with electric blue eyes.  He says nothing, but you can see some type of energy whipping around him as he prepares to attack you. 

Combat Starts Next Turn! 

Accept her offer of a duel ... By drink! Engage in a tasteless night of drunken debauchery, as only reality-warpers trying to one-up themselves/each other can.
Tastefully awaken the next morning with a discretion shot, leave through the *new* front door at side 1, look at the *new* plaque engraved with my name above the outside of the door (so I can find it again, if my Dreamworld resets to the way it was), and look for the source of the mechanical noises, if they're still even there after last night.

I'm not sure this action is wise, and my Dreamworld will likely make an Escher painting look sane.

You agree to a battle... of booze!  You instantly summon several cases of the finest whiskey, gin, scotch and beer, and proceed to gulp them down with your partner.  You soon pass out in a drunken haze, and when you wake up, the outside seems to be no different than when you woke up.  You feel your Dreamworld Pamphlet glow.

Afterwards, you create a door, and a sign so that you may remember your little house if you desire to see it.  You go outside, the mechanical noises you have heard since you got there still churning in the background, and observe your surroundings.  Every which way you look, you can see evenly placed houses, all identical to yours.  These houses seem to go on forever.  You can also see yourself, looking out towards the houses.  You can guess that each house is approximately 48 yards apart.

| You fail to find any type device that could make the noises you hear.

Eyes above the neck.

"I represent the Archaeological Guild in investigating the disappearance of Mr. Dovian.  He and two other individuals from this area have vanished under unknown circumstances.  I am here to gather information and locate these people.  Had he mentioned anything strange or acted unusually before he vanished?  Did he have any enemies?  Do you know where he was headed last?"

Interview the woman as above.  Attempt to gather what information could be useful to the quest.

You ask about Janus Dovian, his behavior for the past few weeks, any enemies he may have, and where did she see him last.

She answers, completely even in her speech, "For all I could see, he was acting completely normal, and he doesn't have any enemies that I know of.  As for where he was headed..." She takes a second to think about it, "He went to go sell some old trinkets of mine.  I didn't want them any more, and he had been asking if I wanted a gift."

You ask where the specific shop was.

"I don't know, somewhere in this district I think.  There aren't many places you could pawn jewelry in the Black Stone district, though, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out."

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: Yelling after you.

Nirathi: She seems to have disappeared overnight

Enemy NPC's

Bandit 3:  Paralyzed

Bandit 4:  Is trying to get up, wanting to negotiate.  (-2 to movement)

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the household of Janus Dovian.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Is it bad that I assumed the latter part of the title referred to Nirur's turn?

"That gives me information to work on.  Thank you for your assistance, and I will let you know if I find anything out."

Depart and head to see the next person on the list.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Wait, no, I'm either in my own dream, or a small recursive sub-dimension of a greater dreamworld. I can't do much of anything by experimenting. Enough wasting time in the machine-noise-filled land of no machines.

Awaken.
Spoiler: original action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:25:09 am by Nirur Torir »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Kira

{"Van, get ready. This will be a tough fight. I suppose you could still help me from back there right?"}

"Bring it on, you apostates!"

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} on self to dodge whatever they will cast; or to move nearer. Ortus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} aiming at the knees of the apprentice mage!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:48:02 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Before I saw Tiruin's turn, I was about to ask why I kept recognizing myself in these turn titles. :P

Swim around, feeling for walls. Try to use my force magics to create some sort of short-lived light to see if that doesn't turn anything up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Strangle bandit 4 until he is truly dead, with rope of water.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Execute Bandit 3 with my staff.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

We waiting on anyone?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Nope. We all have all of the mages actions.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13