Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Isle De Manes (A suggestion game.)  (Read 11165 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle De Manes (A suggestion game.)
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »

>Run into the next village over looking for someone to lift the curse!

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:05 am »

((If you want more readers break your posts into smaller pieces with more choices. If people feel pigeon holed into choices they either won't suggest anything, or go with the first one that pops up. I had this problem when I tried to make a suggestion game. Look for the break where you take control of the character and stop there, because that's where you should stop and let someone suggest.))

Actually the epicness that is Demonhood has shown the opposite to be true, people need LARGER posts for more information and also to draw them into the story. or I at least enjoy that.

>Run into the next village over looking for someone to lift the curse!

this seems good for now +1, we can also see about curing the curse of sobriety while we're at it.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »

"Are you alright mom? What happened?"

"He thought he was a demon and used a powerful Light Shield. The spear of Light I threw rebounded."

Emaral doesn't look too pleased with this.
"He thought he was a demon? What? Was he?"

The older women notices a glimmer of bronze on the table. It's Bael's compass. She picks it up and turns it over in her hand, muttering something under her breath.
"Far from it...Show me where that boy has run off to..."
The compass spins and points southeast.

Meanwhile, Bael is stumbling through the forest, the foliage of the massive
trees block much view of the sun, plunging the ground below into a twilight.
After a few more minutes of walking he stumbles onto a well-maintenanced pathway cutting through the thick undergrowth.
There is two paths here, one to that leads off to the right and one that leads to the left.

Continue walking forward or do something else?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:37:34 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

He should probably follow the path- he might either find someone capable of lifting his curse or a village of innocents that he should avoid sleeping close to.
But which way? He takes out the necklace and gives it a tap- then follows whatever direction it seems to be pointing in. It may be useful, it may be harmful, or it may be as good as tossing a coin- but at least it will give him guidance.

Bael uses the necklace to pick his path, then follows that path.

((If the necklace does nothing, just pick at random, Fil))
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

The electrum necklace spins and gleams in the half-light that filters down from the the canopy above.

After a few spins it points in the same direction as it was before Bael tapped it.

So he decides to head off to the right, correctly guessing that the path to the left leads back to the village he just ran from.

After what feels like forever he arrives at a clearing.

In the center of the clearing is a massive mound of dirt, but gleams of metal and  stone give the fact away that this isn't a natural construction. As does the gate that is set into the front of it, and the few smoke stacks that raise from its bulk like accusing fingers pointing at the sky.
He notices, with his keen eyesight, that two guards holding thick barreled weapons are standing beside the gate. An air of familiarity surrounds the place and Bael can't help but smile at how they've expanded.

Now what?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

Ask the gaurds where we are and about surrounding lands.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »

((I've put too much time into this plot to let it go to waste. So hopefully this will start getting more interest.))

Bael approaches the gate, the two sentries raise their guns into the air, but don't directly aim them at him.
Both are bald and wearing heavy armor that has a burnished bronze color to it, the weapons are no different in that aspect. They are long barreled rifles, all gleaming metal and winding pipes, etched with runes that give off dim and barely perceptible light.

"What do you want, Kid?"

"Hello. Could you tell me where I am?"

"Your at the Foundry-Retreat of Saint Ghral, The Burnt Soul. Which is located on the Isle De Manes? Where are you from? The Mainland or something?"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:17:08 pm by filiusenox »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:53 pm »

"I don't remember exactly where I'm from. My ship was ruined and run aground, but I have no memory of it doing so. I would guess that I'm from the mainland."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 03:07:42 pm »

Uhhh.

Good question.

Where are we from?

((Also, question: is it pronounced eel de mans, eel de man-es, or eel de manes (like a horse)?))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »

((Is-Lee D Manes((Like a Horse)). And I know that's not how you pronounce Isle. And yes he is mainly from the Mainland. But of course I do enjoy making you work to find out who he was before the Plot Amnesia.))

"I don't remember exactly where I'm from. My ship was ruined and run aground, but I have no memory of it doing so. I would guess that I'm from the mainland."

The runes on the rifles glimmer when Bael finishes speaking, making the guards nod before lowering them. The demeanor of the two changes instantly. The taller one itches his face then turns and addresses the other.
"He's not lying, Brother Admancia."

"Ah...well then, young man, would you like to stay a while at the monastery until you recover? The Brotherhood is renown for hospitality to the wounded and world-weary, and you meet most of the criteria. And what’s your name? Its not polite to continue calling you young man or kid, after all."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »

Right. No lying, then.
"My name... is Deepwater."
...yes.
"Thank you for your hospitality. I can't stay long... but I have some difficult questions. Is there someone who might be able to answer them for me?"
Try not to look like a demon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]