Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: First thoughts.  (Read 87256 times)

Syncing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First thoughts.
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 08:13:09 am »

Just had migrant wave with of 14 dwarfs in total - and 7 of them are dwarven childs.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 08:22:31 am »

Just had migrant wave with of 14 dwarfs in total - and 7 of them are dwarven childs.

ouch... though are they all from the same family? hopefully some of them are nearly adults!
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Plasson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:22 am »

My first one had 2 children, out of 6 migrants.  one of the Adults were the father, though he's stated to have 6 kids... at a age of 36; Wich is all to young for a dwarf to have this many kids.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 08:26:20 am »

:o The ground... its moving.. EPIC!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:12 am »

Towns are 100000x more interesting. But these <<large cave silk thong>> lying in houses are without any ownership, so you can grab it and sell without any problems from local humans.
Got some quests from townsfolk to kill some werecreatures in human form: they were naked and not much stronger then ordinary human. Also questgivers said only unknown frozen extracts hurts these werecreatures, I hope Toady will fix that.
These rivers I couldn't cross in fast travel appeared to be 2-3 tiles in width, which was amusing. Also alt-moving onto river ramps made me drowning (I was stunned?), despite me being a novice swimmer.
Also we (me with my butcher-meatshild) got ambushed by dingos, they are much easier then wolfes. When I punched dingo's left upper tooth, instead of 1 severed tooth I got 10-20 severed parts named 'dingo tooth'.

Also Ω - jellyfish. There are plenty of new sea vermin and birds (I saw albatrosses and ravens on saltwater march oceanside embark).
The new u-command creature list is very good, especially when you had thousands of creatures slaughered, which cluttered your unit list. Multiple z-level designations are good too.
I haven't tested fixed crystal glass because I haven't struck rock crystal.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 08:29:01 am »

"F*ck, undead here. Will my dogs kill it or nopes?"
Aaaand the second one 'Crap, need to find new location'.

The undead killed some fish, it started walking again, it killed some dogs, they started killing dorfs, which came undead too..
I can not start on Evil biome in this release yet. Not enough experience.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:08 am »

The prologue screen said "lest the dingos get hungry" just before I embarked. Now... I face a conga line of dingo corpses...

Edit:
Spoiler: "Aftermath of dingos" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:43:23 am by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2012, 08:37:34 am »

Also questgivers said only unknown frozen extracts hurts these werecreatures, I hope Toady will fix that.
Help him with that. Report bug on Mantis with save.

The undead killed some fish, it started walking again, it killed some dogs, they started killing dorfs, which came undead too. I can not start on Evil biome in this release yet. Not enough experience.
At least people complaining that DF is too easy should be pleased.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:57 am »

The "only this and this hurts them" is actually valid? Like, if you take a candy sword at them it bounces off?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:36 am »

Any way to keep my precious saves? :(

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Embark.
Skel/zombie bagers come in.

it rained foul MUCK on the battle.

Your fortress has crumbled to its end.

I Could not get a screenie cause it happen as my last 2 dwarves were slaughterd.

I'm so thanking the toad for this...
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 09:10:57 am »

hahaha i just embarked on a terrifying temperate shrubland (beware zombie giant badgers) and first... nothing.

Then it started to rain elf blood. Mwahahaha

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2012, 09:13:04 am »

Started a new fort, and loving a few things. All these little ponds now have ramps ont eh side, so there is no insta-drown of dwarves. Yay! Also loving then dwarf menu (whatever it's called when you press 'u'), and loving the tabs for organisation.

Not much else has happened yet, but it all feels so exciting.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2012, 09:15:58 am »

I'm still laughing as I see the "noone dead or missing. The year is still young." I wonder if it will change over time.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2012, 09:18:24 am »

My only thought:

Dwarf Therapist doesnt work.
I am screwed.
To Adventure Mode!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22