Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: First thoughts.  (Read 86918 times)

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 06:18:48 am »

I hope Toady fixed crystal glass and dwarves unable to wear clothes bug. Also I will see how much faster (or slower) the game became.
Goddamn, I wasn't THAT happy in a month.

He fixed crystal glass (in changelog). Don't know about clothes though - I hope he did but I doubt it...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 06:19:52 am »

My third or fourth adventurer just died in the catacombs beneath the city... Was exploring a temple, the lower levels of which were infested with surprisingly well-armed kobolds. :( I have not been doing well so far... Ah well, onto the next adventurer! :D
Also, chatting with a local turned up this gem:

...Pardon? Oh, that's your religion? Uh, okay!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 06:22:05 am »

I've been given a mission to kill my former character, who went a rampage before dying. 

Yes, he died, and now I have a mission to kill his presumably undead corpse.  Which might be immune to pain, rendering my dual-wield whip strategy for my current character ineffective. 

I love this version. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:34 am »

It seems there are a lot more bugs in this version, literally: mantis man, grasshopper man, giant thrips , musquito woman...

let's see what else we encounter.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:56 am »

Went straight to object testing arena and immediately announced to nobody in particular that the list of new animals had given me an erection. I then spent five awkward minutes explaining to my dog that there was nothing weird about that.

I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:58:18 am by Broseph Stalin »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 06:42:52 am »

second thoughts:
It's going to be a lot of work, updating the wiki
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:52 am »

Seem to be having the same as some others in Adventurer mode crashing when I try to talk to someone. Oh well. We expect bugs :)

World gen wasn't *too* bad on my ridiculously high spec notebook.

I can see I'll have to finally bite the bullet and get used to "native" rather than the tilesets I've been relying on, for now at least. Just looking through legends mode convinced me that there's really no going back to 31.25 :)

Also, I was surprised to see that in 250 years, we managed to go through 2 Ages of Myth and 2 Ages of Legends, before settling on the 3rd Age of Myth. I haven't managed to figure the triggers that caused them, but oh well. Variety ftw :D

edit: obviously the fact that megabeasts etc are now getting killed in worldgen helps with this. I just don't get how it alters the age so easily. Hell, even kobolds seem to be successfully surviving ..
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:55:47 am by MagmaSolutionsInc »
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 06:51:46 am »

My first thoughts when looking at the bay12 website and seeing the new version was "SQUEEEE"

upon playing I have found 2 new things (all of about 10 seconds of playing time in Fortress mode) one, spiders on the surface?! cooool and second which I adore already, the new units page <3 hoorah for separating the lists! I'm sure in another 10 seconds I will find something else to "squee" about!
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:15 am »

woah .. just randomly picked an embark site and got a perfectly flat map.

Which was also frozen over. Bleh.

... with magma.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:52 am »

No necromancers on my first generated world for me, though I have a weregoat.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 07:02:21 am »

read the note on the dead/missing page?

oooooh, tetrahedrite, volcano, hematite and gold on this embark. If only therapist was working I'd be happy.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:14 am »

oh god, I hope an updated tileset turns up soon.

I can't help liking the tilesets. Most other stuff I can live without.

... with magma.

Syncing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 07:04:15 am »

World editor works fine on my laptop. OK I made a small map with a small history but 6800 Units?
Also, is the designation-system changed or is it just me? I keep making accidental designations.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 07:06:46 am »

Oooh, Discovery! Creatures are tougher, I messed around in the arena as a giant snapping turtle and tore off a dwarfs arm and instead of it just bleeding out like 90% of them tend to it survived and didn't even get to pale before the bleeding stopped. I've always wanted to have a fortress filled with mangled dwarves but in the old version every time something hit them hard enough to mangle them they died.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 07:07:47 am »

I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

sigged
DF Valentine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22