Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992687 times)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1110 on: March 27, 2012, 09:16:53 pm »

Surprise, surprise, I've run into a bit of a snag with my pogeymans again.

I'd like the pokemon to be able to reproduce, which requires the [CHILD] tag, of course. However, the [CHILD] tag doesn't seem to accept arguments under 1 year (such as [CHILD:0:90], and year-long childhood muck up my evolution system all number of ways. I can have them grow to full size in a matter of days, no problem, but as long as the creature is a child, it still displays as "Ponyta Foal," even if it's evolved into a Rapidash already.

Has anyone found a way to (a) have reproduction without a child stage or (b) shorten the child stage below a year?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »

You can set BABYNAME in a caste and it overides GENERAL_BABY_NAME, so you can name it rapidash yearling foal or just rapidash yearling, same with CHILDNAME overiding GENERAL_CHILD_NAME.  And I haven't tried this, but if you move the child tag into the ponyta caste will that work for you?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00:21 am »

My problem is more that a "rapidash foal" doesn't make much sense; the Rapidish is the adult. To use a better example, I'd like my Caterpies to evolve into Metapods a little quicker than a whole year, but if this is a caterpie I raised from an egg, it will hatch as a "caterpie larva" and still remain a "caterpie larva" when it evolves into Metapod.

Moving the child tag into the early caste might be worth a shot, though. My only worry is that it'll make higher evolutions sterile, but we'll see.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:25 am »

from my knowledge as long as there is a [MALE] and [FEMALE] taged creature it will reproduce int oa randomly chosen caste with children tags.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:33 am »

How do regional interactions function in worldgen?  I made a few custom evil interactions, but I can't seem to get them to take effect anywhere it should.  It seems, from looking at world.dat raws, that the effects are randomly chosen from a pool of interactions for each region at worldgen; do the generated ones take precedence?

Here are my interactions and the creatures used for reference.  (Some things like "Dunekin" are custom races; this is actually part of a (quite modest!) major mod that I'm working on.)

Spoiler: Interactions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Also, how does IS_FREQUENCY work, if the value is less than 100?

EDIT: nvm, it works now
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:17:40 pm by ydaraishy »

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 28, 2012, 11:04:40 am »

Is there any way to have a reaction require a skull as a reagent?  I can get them to use skulls, but it also allows other kinds of bone items to be used.

The reason I want to know is that I wanted to mod in a reaction that requires the adventurer to kill a certain number of animals, and skulls are the easiest way to accurately count kills.  If there's not a way to use skulls, I'll just fall back on using prepared hearts, which are almost as good. (Not as good, because some smaller creatures don't drop hearts when you butcher them)

EDIT: I suppose I could use corpses too.  Is it possible to require a corpse as a reagent without allowing severed bodyparts in the reaction? (i.e. allow Foo Corpse and Foo Mutilated Corpse, but not Foo Left Leg)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:09:25 am by RadHazard »
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:49 pm »

I'm trying to add a simple pedestal structure, a basic workshop with no reactions that can be built with an artifact to help boost a room's value [and give a use to pointless artifacts]. I add the entry for it in building_custom.txt and add a permitted_building tag to the entity I want to build it with... but what happens is that the Screw Press gets -replaced- with the pedestal, even though I never touched the screw press's default stuff.

I'd like to be able to build both. Is there something I'm missing?
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:18 pm »

Corpses aren't good to use in reactions.  I forgot where I saw it but you can make a custom skull material that uses a REACTION_CLASS:SKULL for skulls to be used in reactions,  also teeth can be butchered with BUTCHER_SPECIAL:CORPSEPEICE:NONE which can be used in a reaction that requires the tooth material.  If you just want a count of kills an Extra Butcher Object of a cut gemstone (or a totem item) made of a custom material called whatever you want like "Brownie Point" can be added to the heart, brain, or spleen (whatever organ the creature has only one of) and your reaction can use this material.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 28, 2012, 01:09:25 pm »

I'm trying to add a simple pedestal structure, a basic workshop with no reactions that can be built with an artifact to help boost a room's value [and give a use to pointless artifacts]. I add the entry for it in building_custom.txt and add a permitted_building tag to the entity I want to build it with... but what happens is that the Screw Press gets -replaced- with the pedestal, even though I never touched the screw press's default stuff.

I'd like to be able to build both. Is there something I'm missing?
Could you post your raws for the pedestal? It's possible you might have forgotten to change either the name or the hotkey for the building and you copied that data from the screw pump. Also does your error log say anything? That is usually a good first place to look for problems.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2012, 01:19:26 pm »

Code: [Select]
reaction_cannonball

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:CAPSULE_000]
[NAME:craft cannonball]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:3:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][HARD_ITEM_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_SEIGEAMMO_CANNONBALL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:MECHANICS]
Is it just me, or when I also have
item_cannonball

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[ITEM_SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_CANNONBALL]
[NAME:cannonball:cannonballs]
[CLASS:BALLISTA]

and
[SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_CANNONBALL]
in their respective&appropriate file, file, and applicable entity definitions that it generates
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction CAPSULE_000
CAPSULE_000:Unrecognized Item Token: ITEM_SEIGEAMMO_CANNONBALL

Did I miss something in my reaction? I have multiple reactions with the reagent as the cannonball, but that is the only reaction with it as the product.
[REAGENT:B:ITEM_SEIGEAMMO_CANNONBALL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
I'm at a loss. And will somehow probably magically hopefully find a solution right after I post this.

Oh, and before I post this on the forum, I also have this building in it's own little file:
building_ball

[OBJECT:BUILDING]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:CANNONBALL_CRAFTER]
[NAME:Cannonball Crafter]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[DIM:1:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:MECHANIC]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
[BLOCK:1:0]
[TILE:0:1:207]
[COLOR:0:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:1:1:207]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

I attempted to make cannonballs before I attempted to make cannonballs I forcefully shoved things in. I just wanted faster transport of goods. VIA deadly ballistas.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:47 pm »

Corpses aren't good to use in reactions.  I forgot where I saw it but you can make a custom skull material that uses a REACTION_CLASS:SKULL for skulls to be used in reactions,  also teeth can be butchered with BUTCHER_SPECIAL:CORPSEPEICE:NONE which can be used in a reaction that requires the tooth material.  If you just want a count of kills an Extra Butcher Object of a cut gemstone (or a totem item) made of a custom material called whatever you want like "Brownie Point" can be added to the heart, brain, or spleen (whatever organ the creature has only one of) and your reaction can use this material.

I've been trying to post this response for an hour. I just copied the text renavigated to the page and tried again.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:14 pm »

ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_CANNONBALL is not an ITEM type, SIEGEAMMO is
so you would need to change the reaction to

[PRODUCT:100:1:SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SEIGEAMMO_CANNONBALL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

zace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2012, 01:28:07 pm »

-FACEPALM- I spelt "SEIGE" wrong.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »

it's always the little things isn't it.. spending two hours trying to figure out a problem and it turns out you forgot a colon or a bracket :P

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

Could you post your raws for the pedestal? It's possible you might have forgotten to change either the name or the hotkey for the building and you copied that data from the screw pump. Also does your error log say anything? That is usually a good first place to look for problems.

I'm getting an error called 'SCREW_PRESS:Unrecognized Building Definition (Workshop) Token: BUILDING' whenever I load, it seems.

Here's my building_custom.txt. I found this elsewhere, from another mod I think, and just tried to integrate it into my game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 544