Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 990991 times)

zace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1125 on: March 28, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »

Try modding your pedestal to be a BUILDING_WORKSHOP, as BUILDING is not defined. :B

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 28, 2012, 01:58:31 pm »

Yeah. It looks like your pedestal isn't being recognized as a new building so all of it's tags are just overwriting the previous ones in the "entry" (in this case the screw pump building).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:09 pm »

So I've made SOME progress with the domesticating of carrots, I manage to make seeds, but they refuse to plant them.. So i decided I'd try to increase the chance of the domesticated carrots being picked up by my civ so i could plant with "real" seeds. I plant one, harvest some seeds from a wild carrot and...

I'm assuming something isn't quite right here...
Does anyone have any experience with using MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT?

Here are the raws again, i tried specifying the MRP a big but to no avail

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and domestication reaction

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 28, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »

I think your [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DOMESTIC:PLANT_MAT:CARROTS_DOMESTIC:PLANT_MAT:SEED] line should be [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DOMESTIC:PLANT_MAT:CARROTS_DOMESTIC:SEED] instead.

And is your error log blank?
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 28, 2012, 02:28:08 pm »

holy crap i think that did it! i managed to plant the seeds in a field where i had planted some embarked seeds already.
Now to see if i can plant these puppies without embarked seeds.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »

Yeah. It looks like your pedestal isn't being recognized as a new building so all of it's tags are just overwriting the previous ones in the "entry" (in this case the screw pump building).
Try modding your pedestal to be a BUILDING_WORKSHOP, as BUILDING is not defined. :B

I knew it was going to be something simple. Thanks a lot guys, that did it!

Looks like I need to regenerate my world though. Bah. I was doing so well too. I didn't notice I couldn't build screw presses until two or more years in.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:09 pm »

damn, it seems that getting seeds from a reaction will not properly update the fields to accept the seeds, guess I'll have to turn the wild plants into domesticated plants and eat them for seeds.. bit less elegant...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 28, 2012, 03:01:26 pm »

damn, it seems that getting seeds from a reaction will not properly update the fields to accept the seeds, guess I'll have to turn the wild plants into domesticated plants and eat them for seeds.. bit less elegant...
This is probably a side effect of the bug where fields won't allow you to plant a plant until you have at least 1 processed good of the plant. You might be able to get around this by bringing or buying a single "domestic carrot" from the traders and then eating it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 28, 2012, 03:09:22 pm »

yeah, that's the thing, if you can buy domestic carrots, there's no real point in domesticating it in the first place.
The idea was that not all plants would be available on embark, but instead local and traded plants could be domesticated to be farmable.

EDIT:

Well poop, even seeds recovered from eating food created in a reaction creates unplantable seeds
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:57:03 pm by Sorcerer »

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:39 pm »

Hey all!

Giving my Slowpokes a "milkable" extract is proving to be problematic. Probably a silly mistake on my part.

Here's the creature, obviously relevant parts bolded:
Spoiler: "Slowpoke Creature" (click to show/hide)

And it references this material definition:
Spoiler: "Slowpoke Goo" (click to show/hide)

Basically just milk with the cheese reaction removed and a syndrome added.

Anyhoo, my dwarves keep saying there's no creature to milk. The item seems to "exist," showing up on the stockpile screen at least. Errorlog is blank. Any bright ideas?

Paramatter

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSITION:HERMIT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 29, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »

Can creatures that don't actually have a biome or civ attached so that they don't actually spawn anywhere in the game still show up in preferences or as hated vermin?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 29, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »

i think you can use the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag to do something similar.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 29, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

i think you can use the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag to do something similar.

And if that does not work, then DELETE ALL THE RAWS! I mean, just remove the brackets of that specific creature or just outright remove it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:02 pm »

[DOES_NOT_EXIST] works, at least for engravings, sculptures and the like, so I imagine it works for likes/dislikes also.  We have a few in the Necromunda mod and it didn't take much engraving for them to show up.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 29, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »

I'm trying to make a caste retract into it's upper body. using RETRACT_INTO_BP. How can I do this?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 544