Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992699 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3300 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:23 pm »

No, not like that. You still need to use SELECT_MATERIAL.

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: December 08, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

No, not like that. You still need to use SELECT_MATERIAL.

this also does nothing
Code: [Select]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID][SELECT_MATERIAL:EGGSHELL][MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID][SELECT_MATERIAL:EGG_WHITE][MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID][SELECT_MATERIAL:EGG_YOLK][MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
any chance of an example? I'm best when I work from an example.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: December 08, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

How exactly are you testing it?

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: December 08, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »

How exactly are you testing it?
I have a world that I'm modifying the raws for, and checking the embark cost. if I do [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL] AND [MULTIPLY_VALUE:15] the eggs and meats cost 30 points each, if I do [SELECT_MATERIAL:MUSCLE] the meat is 30 and eggs cost 2 each. so far, nothing has resulted in more valuable eggs except [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:20 pm »

Try only changing eggshell, and put the material selection BEFORE the EGG_MATERIAL tokens.

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: December 08, 2012, 08:44:50 pm »

Try only changing eggshell, and put the material selection BEFORE the EGG_MATERIAL tokens.

If this is what you meant, then it didn't work,if not, could you give more detail?
[FEMALE]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:EGGSHELL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:152]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:3:8]
other tokens were included to show where I put the new stuff

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »

I'm making a new race, and I want it to be "lead" by a member of a specific caste. The problem is, I want there to be at most only one living member of that caste at a time. I was thinking of implementing that by having the "peasants" be the main members, and then giving them an interaction that gives other members (or potentially just themselves) a syndrome that converts their caste. The problem is, I'm not sure if I can have the interaction only target if there exists no queen, so we don't get 8 bazillion of the buggers and may as well just not have another caste. The idea of just using default birth ratios came to mind, but then I said "fuck that" because of how unreliable they are. Any suggestions on implementation or is there like, some magic token I'm missing?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

I'm making a new race, and I want it to be "lead" by a member of a specific caste. The problem is, I want there to be at most only one living member of that caste at a time. I was thinking of implementing that by having the "peasants" be the main members, and then giving them an interaction that gives other members (or potentially just themselves) a syndrome that converts their caste. The problem is, I'm not sure if I can have the interaction only target if there exists no queen, so we don't get 8 bazillion of the buggers and may as well just not have another caste. The idea of just using default birth ratios came to mind, but then I said "fuck that" because of how unreliable they are. Any suggestions on implementation or is there like, some magic token I'm missing?

Easier is just giving the leader caste a POP_RATIO of 1 and the rest a POP_RATIO of, say, 50 million. It's perfectly reliable.

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: December 08, 2012, 09:11:23 pm »

I tried putting this
[SELECT_MATERIAL:EGGSHELL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]
both right before and right after this line (right before was more a lack of other ideas at that point)
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EGG_MATERIALS]
no luck

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: December 08, 2012, 09:12:09 pm »

Right after the line would be right. See what happens if you have it in this order:

EGG_MATERIALS BDP
multiply eggshell value
define egg

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: December 08, 2012, 09:18:42 pm »

Easier is just giving the leader caste a POP_RATIO of 1 and the rest a POP_RATIO of, say, 50 million. It's perfectly reliable.

Except that you'd have to force the existence of the leader. Plus, what happens if they die?
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:41 pm »

What do you mean "force the existence" of the leader?

If they die, they're replaced by another of the same caste. I've done this workaround plenty of times and it's always worked perfectly for me.

Ogamaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: December 08, 2012, 09:27:06 pm »

Right after the line would be right. See what happens if you have it in this order:

EGG_MATERIALS BDP
multiply eggshell value
define egg

Does it matter if other stuff is mixed in like this?

EGG_MATERIALS BDP
multiply eggshell value
misc stuff
define egg

or this?

EGG_MATERIALS BDP
misc stuff
multiply eggshell value
define egg

If so, should I move the EGG_MATERIALS BDP to the female caste? Or would that mess other stuff up? If not, I'll try right away.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: December 08, 2012, 09:30:09 pm »

None of that will affect anything.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

On species generation. With a popratio of 50 billion to 1, it works great for making sure that there are never 2 instances of the QUEEN caste, but it also makes sure that there can never be even 1 instance, unless the species is somehow forced to birth one through outside means.

I guess I'm just not privy to the inner workings of the popratio tag. I'd assume it would give the species an X% chance of birthing caste A, Y% chance of birthing caste B, and nothing more. No guarantee that, say, if we had a 50 billion to 1 ratio, that we'd ever even see caste B.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 544