Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992677 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6525 on: November 19, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

I had the crazy idea of giving megabeasts (even Bronze Colossi, if possible, may have to give them genders) the [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] tag and see what happens. I read that they need the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] tag, however, being megabeasts, anything else I might need to add? Other than maybe genders for Bronze Colossi.

You will need a caste with the tag [CONVERTED_SPOUSE], which will make that caste the one the captured victim will turn into.

Other than that, I have no idea how it will turn out. I've never made spouse converters or night creatures before.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: November 19, 2013, 05:38:47 pm »

This is correct.  Incidentally, giving humans dragonfire makes them burn themselves up unless the caste is properly fireproofed, which is significantly more of a pain in the ass than just giving them [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER], requiring a full overhaul of body materials.  If you'd like help with that, it's something I've done before, and I'd be happy to share my material templates.

I've been looking into how dragons do it and figuring things out that way, but help would be greatly appreciated! I've basically been doing some caste-specific interaction stuff (mostly magical powers) to get into the flow of things after a long pause. I'll only probably give dragonfire to self-destructing gobbo pyromaniacs, but if I ever get to secrets it'd great to knowing how to fireproof stuff.

Dragons can do it easily because dragons don't have any non-fireproof castes, so they can just use [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL].  That token doesn't work on a caste level - it used to, but it was changed in DF 0.34.  This change wasn't documented, so it took me several hours of tearing my hair out to figure out how to get a specific caste to be fireproof after that change.  Adding [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] prevents the caste from ever catching fire, but it doesn't stop heat damage to their body materials, so in dragonfire, they just melt or bleed to death or die in some other horrible heat-related way. 

In order to do a fireproof caste, you would need a full set of substitute body materials with their material properties adjusted so as not to melt or be damaged in extreme temperatures, then change the creature over to use caste-level body material definitions.  It was a royal pain in the ass the first time, but I've already made those material templates and body detail plans for my own work.  Just let me know exactly what you want to do and I can send you the necessary raws and walk you through setting it up.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:42:06 pm by narhiril »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: November 19, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »

@narhiril: I might have to do that with dragons in doing my idea, but then again, maybe I will have to.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6528 on: November 19, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

Question, I assume it's impossible to have certain foods slowly train stats? The only way I could think of it was syndromes, but I'm pretty sure a food can't impart more then a single syndrome, and when that syndrome is active, it doesn't stack with itself.

Actually...I just thought of a way that might work.
Give a food 100 seperate syndromes, each one which has a 1% chance of multiplying a given stat by 101%.  (Or different numbers, depending on how you want it to work).  After a single eating, chances are good that one syndrome will take effect, the others will have no effect and will therefore not be stored.  After a second eating, you'll probably have another syndrome take effect, which probably won't be the same one as the first, so they won't cancel each other out.  And so on.  Not every eating will definately raise the stat (as more syndromes take effect, the probability of the stat being raised further will drop) but it's functionally similar.
I'm going to use this if it works.

I was looking for a more of gradual change, just aligning x food with x stat and having it raise it by a point each eating or something, so while that would work in a sense, not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks though!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: November 19, 2013, 06:51:07 pm »

Okay, with the avatar of armok thing listed on the wiki (which needs to be updated slightly), when I put the stuff into the raw files, I saw that it gave errors about unrecognized creature tokens TILE (which I changed to CREATURE_TILE) and NOBLEED and something about body part group token ALL.

Not sure what it's complaining about with the ALL token, but the NOBLEED is an obsolete token, so is there a modern equivalent? Then again, it doesn't have any blood tissue anyway.

Edit: Actually, looking at the other raws, it just needs to have the blood tissue token to bleed. I think the ALL token it's complaining about is the [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:ARMOK:ALL], but I'm not exactly worried about it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:59:14 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: November 19, 2013, 07:02:23 pm »

Link? Sounds like it's a 40d mod, which would mean it would have to be rewritten entirely.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: November 19, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »

Link? Sounds like it's a 40d mod, which would mean it would have to be rewritten entirely.

This here http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Armok (I just updated it a little) I THINK the syndrome works, at least it does get injected. Otherwise it works just fine and it's just those that the errorlog is complaining about.

As for rewriting it completely, I don't know how to go about it, but right now I guess it treats it like a solid chunk of adamantine.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:10:51 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »

Nope, looks like 31.01 or so to me.

EDIT: Interactions suggest 34.01, which is the same as 34.11 is now. It should work fine anyway.

EDIT 2: [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ADAMANTINE] should be [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:ADAMANTINE]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: November 19, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

The [NOBLEED] was an obsolete tag anyway and I added NO_DIZZINESS for good measure.

Edit: Oh I see what you did with the edit, that's what it was throwing an error about.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:22:18 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: November 19, 2013, 07:31:27 pm »

Still spewing out errors:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt"
Unknown Body Part Position Token: ADAMANTINE
Unrecognized Body Part Group Token: ALL
Unrecognized CE_NECROSIS token: 30
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature ARMOK
ARMOK:DEFAULT:upper body: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:lower body: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:head: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:right arm: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:left arm: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:right hand: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:left hand: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:right leg: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:left leg: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:right foot: No tissue thickness
ARMOK:DEFAULT:left foot: No tissue thickness

I copied your edits, Putnam, into the raw entry that I have.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: November 19, 2013, 07:35:55 pm »

Did it again, try it again.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: November 19, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

Lol, I just tried fighting in the arena and all attacks pass through. Will check your edits.

Edit: The body thickness problem is gone, though still complaining about: Unrecognized CE_NECROSIS token: 30. Tried erasing and retyping the :30 thinking it was some wierd formatting thing, but nope.

Syndrome is not working, why? :P Going to look at other syndrome stuff.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:54:45 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: November 19, 2013, 07:59:57 pm »

Tried changing the start to 50 and peak to 600 and still complaining, don't know what the problem is with the CS_NECROSIS tag.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6538 on: November 19, 2013, 08:38:02 pm »

Question, my inorganic STRAW material doesn't seem to be showing up in stockpiles (I checked block specifically). Is there something I need to do to the material template to determine where it's stockpiled?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »

Got it figured out, it needed to be BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 544