Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992119 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7545 on: April 15, 2014, 11:04:17 am »

Does anyone have a pointer to a syndrome that causes a bodypart to drop off and reincarnate into a "spawned" creature?

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SPAWN_KROG]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:creature]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:QUEEN_SPAWN]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:create]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:born]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:KROG:QUEENS]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:KROG:MINION]

severed limbs will work, takes a bit more to make bps fall off on their own

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #7546 on: April 15, 2014, 11:36:04 am »

I like to have way ensure water in pools are contamined by custom made material from creatures. A parasitic contamination. Have already material but no good way to ensure if stuff is in water your dwarf or your adventurer will drink it if they try drink from pool or any water source contaminated. Kind of way ensure water is laced with that stuff...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: April 15, 2014, 11:39:53 am »

make it the same color as water (blue) and the creature secretes it so when it swims (or rains) it washes off and contaminates the water supply. Since now the material is the same color it's harder to see if it's contaminated or not (unless the player looks at all the water tiles)

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #7548 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »

How secretion actually works? Tried, not having any stuff visible. No errors either..

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLUID:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]

now to explain it so you know what goes where:

[SECRETION:A:B:C]

A: material, this can be 1 to 3 sections long (MUD, LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT/INORGANIC:material/inorganic(like gabbro), or CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:creature/plant:material)
B: Material state (SOLID, LIQUID, GAS) what state the material is secreted as (INORGANIC:NONE:LIQUID will have it secrete magma on the defined tissue, coming up next)
C: bodypart and tissue to secrete the material. So you choose a selector type (BY_TOKEN:RH:SKIN, BY_TYPE:GRASP:SKIN, BY_CATEGORY:HAND:SKIN) I included a bodypart target too which is Hand(s) so RH is the right hand token (so only secrete material from the skin of the right hand) GRASP means secrete material from all GRASPING body parts and HAND means secrete material from all bodyparts categorized as HAND. Now there is also the end part SKIN that is the tissue layer on the bodypart, most limbs and external parts will have SKIN or SCALE (HAIR too) but internal organs mostly have their own named tissues EYE, BRAIN, LIVER so lets say I wanted Eyes to ooze solid salt (sounds really painful) I'd use one of these two methods ([SECRETION:SALT:SOLID:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:EYE] or [SECRETION:SALT:SOLID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE])

Also for states you can try these SOLID, LIQUID, GAS, POWDER/SOLID_POWDER, PASTE/SOLID_PASTE, PRESSED/SOLID_PRESSED
paste and pressed might not work but I know 100% that SOLID, LIQUID and GAS work. I'm certain that POWDER/SOLID_POWDER could work too but I don't remember if I've tried that yet.

EDIT:
NOTE --- Secretions do not work in ARENA MODE only in real gameplay.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:42:50 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: April 15, 2014, 01:39:08 pm »

You're wrong about the PLANT thing; that's a 3-part material, PLANT_MAT:PLANT:MAT

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »

You're wrong about the PLANT thing; that's a 3-part material, PLANT_MAT:PLANT:MAT
opps I forgot the _MAT it was supposed to be LOCAL_CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:material

EDIT: updated it, I also forgot to say CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:creature/plant:material

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:48 pm »

EDIT: updated it, I also forgot to say CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:creature/plant:material
A creature won't have a local_plant_mat, though, so that part is unnecessary. Also, the last time I tried, secretions did work in the arena (though not quite as I wanted them to).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: April 15, 2014, 02:42:09 pm »

A creature won't have a local_plant_mat, though, so that part is unnecessary. Also, the last time I tried, secretions did work in the arena (though not quite as I wanted them to).
That is actually true, and plants can't secrete anyways. I'll edit it quickly again.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: April 15, 2014, 03:09:33 pm »

That is actually true, and plants can't secrete anyways. I'll edit it quickly again.
Would be nice if there was some way to give a plant a contact poison (poison ivy, etc.).  Not that Hugo with his cyborg body would notice, but typical creatures would suffer ill effects from walking through a tile of the plants.  Then hope to Armok that the dwarves path around it.

Just a though... giving the shearable animals a noxious secretion just because hairtrimming of any kind is an unnatural act for a Dwarf.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7555 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

plant contact poison doesnt work, but you can make grasses/moss that affects your grazers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: April 15, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »

Question:

How big of an affect do traits (e.g. ANGER) have on gameplay? Will modifying them (using DFHack) impact things much?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: April 16, 2014, 01:01:20 am »

Question:

How big of an affect do traits (e.g. ANGER) have on gameplay? Will modifying them (using DFHack) impact things much?

You can see that on the wiki. The most noticeable are the ones that generate good or bad thoughts, like ALTRUISM or LIBERALISM.
At 100 ANGER increases the chances of a creature to enrage in combat but never guarantee it.

Afaik changing those with DFHack takes effect immediately.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7558 on: April 16, 2014, 06:22:32 am »

They can make a big difference, for example my kobolds never tantrum, or Warlocks always have grudges against pretty much anyone else in the fort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: April 17, 2014, 09:28:52 am »

Does anyone have a pointer to a syndrome that causes a bodypart to drop off and reincarnate into a "spawned" creature?

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SPAWN_KROG]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:creature]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:QUEEN_SPAWN]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:create]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:born]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:KROG:QUEENS]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:KROG:MINION]

severed limbs will work, takes a bit more to make bps fall off on their own
Thanks a lot for all your help.  I think I'm about 80% of the way there.  The intended sequence of events is:
  • The "living stone" tile boils away upon being mined.  Works great.  (By the way, the gas spreads about two tiles in every direction.  Preemptively surrounding the tile with your militia will end badly.)
  • The gas infects the dwarf with two different syndromes.  One transforms the dwarf into a "progenitor" for 800 ticks and gives it a resurrection interaction.  The other makes the dwarf opposed-to-life for 800 ticks unless he/she has a certain immunity tag.  The opposed-to-life syndrome definitely works, and the dwarf does transform properly.
  • The progenitor drops a body part and resurrects it into the "awakened stone" caste specified in the syndrome above.  Something is wrong here because no new "awakened stone" appears.
  • Dwarves can gain the immunity tag with a specific reaction at a specific custom workshop.  Haven't done this part yet.  This won't prevent "awakened stones" from spawning, but it will make them friendly when they do spawn.

There are 24 layer stones in the game, so there are 24 variations on the syndromes, creature castes, etc.  At the moment the progenitor is a dwarf caste, but I think I'm going to make it an awakened stone caste to keep my mod out of the creature_standard.txt file.  It will also prevent me from accidentally embarking with a bunch of progenitors in my Original Seven  :o

Spoiler: creature_standard.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: creature_tesb.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: interaction_tesb.txt (click to show/hide)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 544