Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992173 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7575 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:39 pm »

Well, I figured out the main problem with the Awakened Stones... a bodypart is supposed to melt away and drop a "germ" to resurrect into an Awakened Stone.  It liquified all right, but its HEATDAM point was set to NONE, so the liquid just held onto the "germ" in a very creepy way.

Now on to testing these guys against actual miners in test forts.

I also had to define the bodyparts in a separate body_tesb.txt file.  Is there any way to define one-off bodyparts inside a creature token?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: April 18, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »

Is there any way to define one-off bodyparts inside a creature token?

No. They have to be in a body file.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: April 19, 2014, 02:41:26 am »

A few days ago, I asked about the Bread mod because the game didn't seem to recognize that I had enough flour to make bread. Note that unlike the Genesis mod, I've put the "bake bread" reaction into a separate building called the Bakery.

Spoiler: Baking Bread (click to show/hide)

What, exactly, am I doing wrong? Nothing I'm doing seems to work. Trying to bake bread still gets me the ingredients and products screen (you know, like at the smelter).

EDIT: I got it to work once by reducing the REAGENT needed to 1, except that that made it produce waaaaay too many pieces of bread. As in, one 10-unit bag of pale oat flour created 3000 dwarven oatcakes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:37:09 pm by Visus Draconis »
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: April 19, 2014, 06:01:16 pm »

I remember asking this quite some time ago but not getting a very clear answer. I was hoping perhaps more is known now than when I first asked.

I was making what is intended to be indestructible bones so I used '9999999' as the value for most of the different tokens. I would just like to know what the highest value possible is. I noticed that adamantine will still chip and fracture this bone material even with those absurdly high values. I'm beginning to wonder if having a value above the maximum possible value actually does more harm than good.

Here are the raws in case it matters.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: April 19, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »

I remember asking this quite some time ago but not getting a very clear answer. I was hoping perhaps more is known now than when I first asked.

I was making what is intended to be indestructible bones so I used '9999999' as the value for most of the different tokens. I would just like to know what the highest value possible is. I noticed that adamantine will still chip and fracture this bone material even with those absurdly high values. I'm beginning to wonder if having a value above the maximum possible value actually does more harm than good.

Reply #3 and #14 of this topic should answer your questions.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: April 20, 2014, 03:17:45 am »

Bread mod

My original reaction had AUTOMATIC, so the flour bags weren't stored, they were automatically baked.  If you removed this, chances are your flour is being stored in barrels and custom reactions can't see inside barrels, so it will act as if you have none available.

If you don't want it to be automatic, because you want flour to be cooked in other ways as well, then try creating a custom food stockpile to only accept flour, with barrel count at zero.  That should allow the reaction to 'see' the flour properly.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: April 20, 2014, 07:28:44 am »

Bread mod

My original reaction had AUTOMATIC, so the flour bags weren't stored, they were automatically baked.  If you removed this, chances are your flour is being stored in barrels and custom reactions can't see inside barrels, so it will act as if you have none available.

If you don't want it to be automatic, because you want flour to be cooked in other ways as well, then try creating a custom food stockpile to only accept flour, with barrel count at zero.  That should allow the reaction to 'see' the flour properly.

Ahhhh! I see now. That makes sense. That's a DF bug, not a mod bug, right?

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: April 20, 2014, 09:52:55 am »

Reply #3 and #14 of this topic should answer your questions.

Thank you so much. That was a very interesting read.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:33 am »

Ahhhh! I see now. That makes sense. That's a DF bug, not a mod bug, right?

It can potentially affect any custom reaction.  While it is currently working as intended and not a bug per se, we hold out hope Toady will make the system more robust in the future.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:36 pm »

It can potentially affect any custom reaction.  While it is currently working as intended and not a bug per se, we hold out hope Toady will make the system more robust in the future.

Oh, okay. In any case, I got my reactions working now. Thanks a bunch!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: April 20, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »

Ran into one more problem.  The miner turns into a progenitor, becomes opposed-to-life, and drops the "germ", but the interaction that turns the germ into an awakened stone never fires (or the interaction itself has a problem that doesn't appear in the error log).  The wiki says that an interaction without a usage hint will fire away at any valid target, so I did something wrong in here.  Does anyone have an idea what will make this work?

The full files exceed the maximum length allowed, so I included only one of the 24 types.

Spoiler: creature_tesb.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: interaction_tesb.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body_tesb.txt (click to show/hide)

Oh, for any other modding newbies out there, the melt-away connector part is required.  When I included a germ bodypart with no connection at all, it never dropped.  I imagine it was just hovering around.  In my limited arena testing, such floating bodyparts don't seem to get hit in combat.  So not only do they hover, they dart around behind the main creature.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: April 20, 2014, 06:15:05 pm »

For a body part to be resurrected it needs to either be an [UPPERBODY] or a [HEAD]. At least, those two I know can be resurrected for sure.

Your germ is neither. Try making it into a head, and see if that works.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7587 on: April 20, 2014, 06:41:22 pm »

There must be some obvious detail that I'm missing here.  From my body_added file (which also contains various body definitions that work fine, so the problem is not with the file itself):
From the creature definition:
From the error log:
The BP:TRUNK entry is copied directly from body_default's BASIC_1PARTBODY, with only the names and relsize changed.  I get the same 'Recognized But Could Not Connect' error for all the other body parts, but I'm assuming that's simply because it doesn't have the TRUNK to connect them too.  I've never run into the problem of a body not being created at all because it can't connect the initial UPPERBODY part before.  Can anyone tell me how I messed up here?
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: April 20, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »

Are you being given an error about there being two body parts with the ID of TRUNK?

There's already a [BODY:TRUNK] in the body_default file.

They may be interfering with each other.

It's probably looking for an elephant's trunk instead of your trunk.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7589 on: April 20, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

Changing it to BODY:TRUNK_TREE seems to have fixed that issue.  Thanks, I knew it must be something obvious.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 544