Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992499 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7605 on: April 28, 2014, 12:31:59 pm »

Hmm, for some reason they aren't firing. Even when I individual take control of them and hit 'f' it says, "Nothing left to fire".

EDIT: Odd, I opened a different copy of DF and everything worked fine. Looks like I am going to have to look through and see what I messed up.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:37:23 pm by Roses »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:15 pm »

So I'm putting together a mod, and have two human races created. Both of them have the following code copied from the dwarf creature raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yet it seems like they can't use these moves. It's just a bunch of pushing. When I assume control in arena, it will only allow me to wrestle and not use these standard moves.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: April 28, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »

So I'm putting together a mod, and have two human races created. Both of them have the following code copied from the dwarf creature raws

Yet it seems like they can't use these moves. It's just a bunch of pushing. When I assume control in arena, it will only allow me to wrestle and not use these standard moves.

Could you post the entire creature?

Normally this is caused by the creature not having the parts necessary to attack or are missing a brain/thought centre.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »

Could you post the entire creature?

Normally this is caused by the creature not having the parts necessary to attack or are missing a brain/thought centre.

https://github.com/Vherid/Projekt-Reikgrad/blob/master/creature_reichgrad_race.txt

Maybe its the order of things? I figured that wouldn't matter though with the way tags work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

Attacks have to go after their body part definitions.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:20 pm »

Well then. I'm actually surprised it's that specific.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: April 28, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »

To be fair, everything involving body parts at all is that specific.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: April 29, 2014, 12:17:02 am »

Okay, so I've been having this problem with my modded game where I occasionally get a caravan carrying a few items of "lightning". For some reason, it spawns as a solid, then quickly causes anything beneath it or touching it to burst into flames.

For reference, this is the lightning template, taken directly from Dwarf Chocolate:

Spoiler: Lightning (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:22:50 am by Visus Draconis »
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: April 29, 2014, 04:24:21 am »

Okay, so I've been having this problem with my modded game where I occasionally get a caravan carrying a few items of "lightning". For some reason, it spawns as a solid, then quickly causes anything beneath it or touching it to burst into flames.

For reference, this is the lightning template, taken directly from Dwarf Chocolate:

Spoiler: Lightning (click to show/hide)

Try adding SPECIAL and NO_STONE_STOCKPILE. Or perhaps the errorlog tells you that you leck the FLAME_TEMPLATE in your raws.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: April 29, 2014, 07:03:30 am »

Is there a way to remove the attribute cap in adventure mode?  I believe in 40d there were stories of dwarves being so ludicrously powerful that they could kick, literally, enemies to the other end of the screen.  Is it possible to do this in the current version?  If so, where can one find the bit governing the attribute cap, and if one were to make a new caste with only this as a change, would this caste actually show up in adventure mode in towns and such ( and if so, how to prevent that )?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: April 29, 2014, 12:55:15 pm »

This is the code I use in the dragonball mod:

Code: [Select]
[MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:WILLPOWER:400000]
[MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:400000]
[MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:SPATIAL_SENSE:400000]
[PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:STRENGTH:400000]
[PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:AGILITY:400000]
[PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:TOUGHNESS:400000]
[PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:ENDURANCE:400000]
[PHYS_ATT_RATES:STRENGTH:75:3:4:3]
[PHYS_ATT_RATES:AGILITY:75:3:4:3]
[PHYS_ATT_RATES:TOUGHNESS:75:3:4:3]
[PHYS_ATT_RATES:ENDURANCE:75:3:4:3]
[MENT_ATT_RATES:WILLPOWER:75:3:4:3]
[MENT_ATT_RATES:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:75:3:4:3]
[MENT_ATT_RATES:SPATIAL_SENSE:75:3:4:3]

PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC and MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC are the tokens changing that, they're caste-level so you can put them in a caste and you can prevent castes from showing up too often in adventure mode by giving them a ridiculously low POP_RATIO while all other castes get ridiculously high ones.

fomori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: April 29, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

Hi there. Been messing with interactions lately, making magic. With some help in another thread I made a secret which gives a basic fireball spell (and NOLIFE because otherwise you get...issues considering the whole 'searching for immortality is the only reason to learn secrets' thing.), and I've begun to fancy that up a bit with other variations on the burning theme. The second is a water-based spell (fires water/ice attacks and is amphibious) but I want to make it more interesting. An interaction can produce syndromes, apparently, but I don't get how to work them. As part of a related mod effort I tried to make a blinding gas, but that wouldn't work properly-it was described as creature 'na' even though I defined the material in the raws, but more importantly caused no ill effects.

I've currently copy-pasted Cave Floater poison, syndrome and spray attack to see what things ought to look like, but that isn't working either! The wiki said cave floaters are pretty much harmless, so I dialed the severity as high as it would go and still nothing.

Final Verditc: confused as hell out of 10

Second thing: once I finally get it to work, can you use an interaction to inflict syndromes without a vector like contact or biting? I had this thought of having my water mage gesture, then suddenly the targets lungs fill with water...well, get hit by a syndrome which inflicts coughing and lung failure/blistering to simulate the effect, anyway.

Finally, this is more a basic caste thing; Most species lack POP_RATIO, and appear on a roughly 1:1 basis. Are there any particularly weird things which happen if you then add more castes which do have set ratios? (that bit is me trying to give immortals magic individuals via castes, in case anyone's wondering at the change of tack)

In conclusion, I don't really know what I'm doing. Please advise :p
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:18:16 pm by fomori »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: April 29, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »

Posting the interactions you have so far may help. How did you copy-paste the cave-floater's interaction?

If the material is listed as n/a, then it is likely because there is something wrong with the material. It could be that it does not have a proper name for the state that it is in. For example, a material that has a name for its solid state but not its liquid one. Or the material you are referencing in the interaction is not present within the creature.

Interactions don't need to actually hit the opponent.

This is an example of an interaction that transmits a syndrome. It's fairly simple, and requires no gases or globs to touch or be inhaled by the enemy.
Code: (I think this is from dwarf chocolate, but I can't remember.) [Select]
[INTERACTION:CHOKE]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOBREATHE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:choking curse]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:20000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:BREATHE:ALL:START:0:END:1200]

I haven't toyed around much with caste populations, so I can't answer the final question.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: April 29, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »

I'll help as much as I can with a couple of these.

Hi there. Been messing with interactions lately, making magic. With some help in another thread I made a secret which gives a basic fireball spell (and NOLIFE because otherwise you get...issues considering the whole 'searching for immortality is the only reason to learn secrets' thing.), and I've begun to fancy that up a bit with other variations on the burning theme. The second is a water-based spell (fires water/ice attacks and is amphibious) but I want to make it more interesting. An interaction can produce syndromes, apparently, but I don't get how to work them. As part of a related mod effort I tried to make a blinding gas, but that wouldn't work properly-it was described as creature 'na' even though I defined the material in the raws, but more importantly caused no ill effects.
If you see something like "mage n/a" it is a material in an undefined state.  For example, you have raws for a solid but this particular gob of material is in a gas state.  The metals have full definitions for everything, so you can use one of them as a template.

Second thing: once I finally get it to work, can you use an interaction to inflict syndromes without a vector like contact or biting? I had this thought of having my water mage gesture, then suddenly the targets lungs fill with water...well, get hit by a syndrome which inflicts coughing and lung failure/blistering to simulate the effect, anyway.
If you don't include a vector, the syndrome will travel via the same quantum mechanism that covers levers controlling bridges and animal breeding.  You can constrain the effect by requiring line of sight, a maximum range, etc.

Finally, this is more a basic caste thing; Most species lack POP_RATIO, and appear on a roughly 1:1 basis. Are there any particularly weird things which happen if you then add more castes which do have set ratios? (that bit is me trying to give immortals magic individuals via castes, in case anyone's wondering at the change of tack)

In conclusion, I don't really know what I'm doing. Please advise :p
If you want a caste to be rare, give it a ratio of 1 while giving the mundane castes huge numbers like 20000.  These ratios may not affect much during world-gen, however.  I did see a cluster of 6 queen ant women in the cavern once.

EDIT: What BlackFlyme said.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:37:49 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: April 29, 2014, 04:06:57 pm »

Speaking of castes, I've been thinking about a race of insects. The only female caste is the queen, which has a 0% chance of being born. If I were to make a 'queen' noble that had to be female, would it force a queen caste to be generated in worldgen?
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 544