Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992541 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7620 on: April 29, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

You can't have a 0 chance of a caste being born (setting POP_RATIO to 0 sets it to 100), but yes.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:35 am »

Try adding SPECIAL and NO_STONE_STOCKPILE. Or perhaps the errorlog tells you that you leck the FLAME_TEMPLATE in your raws.

I don't think that's it. The FLAME_TEMPLATE seems to be working fine in my raws. Maybe it's the lightning man creature I have, which is made of lightning.

Man, this is tough.

EDIT: I have another thing I need help with: a plant that can be pressed into wax and oil. I copied it off the quarry bush raws, but it doesn't seem to be working.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:45:41 am by Visus Draconis »
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: May 01, 2014, 01:45:00 am »

I have another thing I need help with: a plant that can be pressed into wax and oil. I copied it off the quarry bush raws, but it doesn't seem to be working.

How exactly is it not working?

Without actually knowing, my guess is that it will not take your plant. This isn't because of the plant; it's because the reaction will only take seeds. Though if you did change the reaction or create a new reaction of your own, we may need to see it.

If you didn't change it, you could try replacing it with this one:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MILL_SEEDS_NUTS_TO_PASTE]
[NAME:mill seeds/nuts to paste]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_S]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:seeds:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT] to ensure only worthwhile seeds get used
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:seeds:NONE][PRODUCT_PASTE] makes the glob a "paste"
[SKILL:MILLING]

The only change was to alter the required reagent so that the reaction will accept all types of items. Though it should only take items that have the matching reaction product, which should just be the base lantern pod and quarry bush seeds.

By the way, your plant doesn't have a material called PLANT_OIL, but does have one called OIL. It goes by the ID you give it, and not the template it uses.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:47:37 am by BlackFlyme »

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: May 01, 2014, 08:42:27 am »

Without actually knowing, my guess is that it will not take your plant. This isn't because of the plant; it's because the reaction will only take seeds. Though if you did change the reaction or create a new reaction of your own, we may need to see it.

If you didn't change it, you could try replacing it with this one:

[REACTION:MILL_SEEDS_NUTS_TO_PASTE]
[NAME:mill seeds/nuts to paste]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_S]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:seeds:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT] to ensure only worthwhile seeds get used
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:seeds:NONE][PRODUCT_PASTE] makes the glob a "paste"
[SKILL:MILLING]

The only change was to alter the required reagent so that the reaction will accept all types of items. Though it should only take items that have the matching reaction product, which should just be the base lantern pod and quarry bush seeds.

By the way, your plant doesn't have a material called PLANT_OIL, but does have one called OIL. It goes by the ID you give it, and not the template it uses.

My intent is to have the plant itself be pressed at a screw press, not the seeds. But otherwise, I'll take your advice.

And now I have yet another thing that I can't quite get to work in a fresh install of DF. Using Dwarf Chocolate as a base, I tried to make separate dragon species that each breathe a different kind of nasty breath. This one was intended to cause the target's flesh to rot via necrosis, but instead causes them to partially melt and bleed if the projectile attack was a TRAILING_GAS_FLOW, and bleed to death or melt if the breath took the form of a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW.

Spoiler: Black Dragon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:06:26 am by Visus Draconis »
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: May 01, 2014, 10:41:40 am »

Is there a description somewhere of how to start making proper script plugins for dfhack, or "API" documentation?

I have programmed in lua before and lots of other things, but I can't figure out where to begin here. All I see is in dfhack's help list, an undocumented lua command with no references or hooks or anything...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
^
Yes, I know what lua IS. I need to know what the known native commands and hooks are. =(

I also asked on the IRC and I suppose one could just peruse the raw git repo and figure it out, but that's really horribly demotivating if so.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:18 am »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/Lua%20API.rst

Also, https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures, helps understand what different things there are.

Other than those two, just looking through others scripts is a great way to figure things out.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: May 01, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »

Ah yup that should do it, thanks.

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: May 01, 2014, 02:20:11 pm »

Is it possible to use [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:stone:type:freq] to make a mineral spawn in adamantine tubes or salde? I can't test right now, and knowing that would speed things up a bit.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:40:46 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: May 01, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »

I tried to make separate dragon species that each breathe a different kind of nasty breath. This one was intended to cause the target's flesh to rot via necrosis, but instead causes them to partially melt and bleed if the projectile attack was a TRAILING_GAS_FLOW, and bleed to death or melt if the breath took the form of a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW.

Spoiler: Black Dragon (click to show/hide)

Their breath is too hot, I'd assume. Try giving the material a lower boiling point. The creature extract template can melt fat when it boils.

Also, you may wish to make the syndrome last longer. As it is, it doesn't even last long enough to take effect. I haven't seen any necrosis while testing it out.

blakker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: May 02, 2014, 08:07:35 am »

Hi, I'm trying to make an adventurer reaction that'd let me smelt down metal stuff into bars - however, it doesn't see any weapon, armor or shield.
The reaction looks like kinda this:

[REACTION:SMELTING_ITEM]
[NAME:smelt metal item]
[REAGENT:toolset:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_TOOLSET:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:item:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:METAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:item:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Messing around with it, when I set it to check for only weapons and remove the [REACTION_CLASS:METAL] it works fine, but putting it back breaks it again. Is that tag simply not working in adventure mode or there's a way to make this to work?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:43 am »

Hi, I'm trying to make an adventurer reaction that'd let me smelt down metal stuff into bars - however, it doesn't see any weapon, armor or shield.
The reaction looks like kinda this:

[REACTION:SMELTING_ITEM]
[NAME:smelt metal item]
[REAGENT:toolset:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_TOOLSET:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:item:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:METAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:item:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Messing around with it, when I set it to check for only weapons and remove the [REACTION_CLASS:METAL] it works fine, but putting it back breaks it again. Is that tag simply not working in adventure mode or there's a way to make this to work?
You'll also need to add [REACTION_CLASS:METAL] to the metal material template for your reaction to work correctly. It doesn't exist automatically.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

blakker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: May 02, 2014, 09:00:44 am »

Ooooh, that explains it, thanks! Another question, can I blacklist bars somehow (to prevent smelting down bars into themselves)?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: May 02, 2014, 09:39:02 am »

Ooooh, that explains it, thanks! Another question, can I blacklist bars somehow (to prevent smelting down bars into themselves)?
Huh? If that's an adventure mode reaction, then you wouldn't need to forbid that, or would you?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:46 am »

It's wasteful of fuel, but there's no particular reason to ban the practice.  As MagmaMcFry mentioned, it's an adventure mode thing so you the player would need to explicitly choose to melt down silver bars to make silver bars.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: May 02, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »

With regard to the dfhack script API I asked about and was given a link to earlier: To what degree do you expect that to totally become obsolete in a month or whenever DF 2014 comes out? Is it worth me bothering to try and start learning what it can do all now, or should I just wait? I don't know how much Toady changes / "breaks" per release for that sort of thing. By comparison, in minecraft, everything is chopped up into a silly number of little files most of which never get touched per release, so it doesn't break much. But this code looks like it might (?) be more monolithic

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 544