Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 993717 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #8115 on: July 18, 2014, 02:43:06 am »

There's no rubber tire in the whole world. Surprisingly, there's no sponge either.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:04 am »

---------
I created a new txt file in object folder, put this in, and genned a new world. It doesn't seem to change anything, and such rubber tire never appears.
Let's start with this one - does the file have a file name in the format creature_*.txt? Does the file itself start with the lines
Code: [Select]
creature_* (your file name, without .txt)

[OBJECT:CREATURE]
?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I remove [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER] to make them look all the same to each other. And what does [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1] mean? Maybe I should change RED to BLACK?
The tire is missing LARGE_ROAMING at the very least. The TL_COLOR_MODIFIER makes the tire's body being described as red, so yes, changing it to BLACK may be what you want to do here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: July 18, 2014, 06:05:55 pm »

Is there a way to have a part of a creature be metal?

I have a monster with a spike coming out of its mouth and I want the spike to be made of metal. I've made a body definition:

[BODY:Desthol]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:MS:mouth spike:mouth spikes][CON:HD][DIGIT][CATEGORY:HEADS] ##!!HEADSPIKE!!##
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:140]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH:right hand:STP][CON:RLA][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LH:left hand:STP][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:RUL:right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LUL:left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:RLL:right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LLL:left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RF:right foot:right feet][CON:RLL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF:left foot:left feet][CON:LLL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

But I don't know how to make the spike metal. I can't find some sort of token that decides it, so I'm rather confused.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: July 18, 2014, 06:14:26 pm »

To make it metal, you have to make the tissue that the spike is made of to be metal. It would either require a new tissue template that has something along the lines of [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON] or you could create a new tissue within the creature's raws that does this.

For example, you could add this tissue within the creature, below the body definition:
[TISSUE:METAL]
 [TISSUE_NAME:metal:metal]
 [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
 [STRUCTURAL]
 [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
 [CONNECTS]
 [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEADS:METAL]

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:46 pm »

To make it metal, you have to make the tissue that the spike is made of to be metal. It would either require a new tissue template that has something along the lines of [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON] or you could create a new tissue within the creature's raws that does this.

For example, you could add this tissue within the creature, below the body definition:
[TISSUE:METAL]
 [TISSUE_NAME:metal:metal]
 [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
 [STRUCTURAL]
 [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
 [CONNECTS]
 [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEADS:METAL]

But would that not make the entire head metal?
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: July 18, 2014, 06:26:52 pm »

It will make any body part that has CATEGORY:HEADS metal. Your spike has that category, but your head just has CATEGORY:HEAD, which is off by a letter.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:44 pm »

It will make any body part that has CATEGORY:HEADS metal. Your spike has that category, but your head just has CATEGORY:HEAD, which is off by a letter.
Oh? So I can hypothetically just make it CATEGORY:FACESPIKE and then it'll be metal?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: July 18, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »

So long as the categories match, it should be fine.

I.e.: the body part has CATEGORY:FACESPIKE and the tissue layering has BY_CATEGORY:FACESPIKE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:47:18 pm by BlackFlyme »

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: July 18, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »

So long as the categories match, it should be fine.

I.e.: the body part has CATEGORY:FACESPIKE and the tissue layering has BY_CATEGORY:FACESPIKE

And then in the creature raw I add [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SPIKE:METAL]?

No USE_TISSUE?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: July 18, 2014, 07:17:16 pm »

You already have a new tissue created with [TISSUE:METAL], so USE_TISSUE may not be necessary for the spike.

And remember to make certain that the categories in the body and the creature match exactly, or else it may not work correctly.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »

Thank you very much Knight Otu for your very useful information. Although it still doesn't work, I'm going to suspend that for a while. I read from wiki that [FREQUENCY:] is maxed at 100, which means a quite time-consuming work to successfully change the whole frequency of wild animal spawning.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: August 04, 2014, 04:29:17 am »

**snip**
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:42 pm »

Thank you very much Knight Otu for your very useful information. Although it still doesn't work, I'm going to suspend that for a while. I read from wiki that [FREQUENCY:] is maxed at 100, which means a quite time-consuming work to successfully change the whole frequency of wild animal spawning.
why dont you make multiple versions of the creature so you have more chance of them spawning e.g kar_white Kar_black etc. this means the chance of it spawning will be multiplied
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8128 on: August 06, 2014, 12:59:07 am »

Why isn't slade usable for equipment after I added the appropriate tags to it? Does the [IS_STONE] tag interfere?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: August 06, 2014, 05:19:11 pm »

Why isn't slade usable for equipment after I added the appropriate tags to it? Does the [IS_STONE] tag interfere?

I don't believe stone items can be created in the arena. But if it has [IS_METAL], then it should. Even non-combat metals can be used to create weapons in the arena.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544