Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999417 times)

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

There is. Exceptional weapons are more likely to hit and, IIRC, exceptional shields and helmets are more likely to block. (Not sure about the helmets).

So the other qualities below masterwork actually have a performance bonus now? Neat.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:37 am »

For some reason my fireball interaction just creates a substantial cloud of boiling iron.
Here's the raws:
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Conjure fireball]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:VERB:call forth a ball of searing fire:calls forth a ball of searing fire:NA]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:3]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:150]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Conjure fireblast]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:VERB:call forth a blast of flame:calls forth a blast of flame:NA]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]
Any idea what has gone wrong?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:23 am »

a search showed you might need :-

[CDI:MATERIAL:material token:material subtoken:type of attack]

I haven't started playing with the interactions really yet, but if it's defaulting to iron, either you need to do fireballs some other way, or set a material.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:38:24 am by Reelya »

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »

[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]

Are there any other possible tags besides immortality?

Also, can be interactions or syndromes tied to items? ( and i mean items, not materials the items are made of)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:34 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
More sponsorship tests -- retracted into my giant tortoise shell and let a tapir kick at me for a while and various other silliness.

So, I know that turtles have an interaction to retract into their shell, and I tested this exact scenario in the arena- it works. I just can't find the information for this interaction anywhere.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »

hello i've created a plant that can be brewed in potions of regeneration, work for elves,Humans,dwarves, what do you think?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there is a better way?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:53:00 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:11 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
More sponsorship tests -- retracted into my giant tortoise shell and let a tapir kick at me for a while and various other silliness.

So, I know that turtles have an interaction to retract into their shell, and I tested this exact scenario in the arena- it works. I just can't find the information for this interaction anywhere.

A seperate line as opposed to an interaction:

[RETRACT_INTO_BP:BY_CATEGORY:SHELL:retract into <pro_pos> shell:retracts into <pro_pos> shell:come out of <pro_pos> shell:comes out of <pro_pos> shell]

Limited, but still useful. Kinetic shielding anyone?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2012, 02:25:40 pm »

Would it be possible to make an interaction that sends the enemy flying, kinda like Unrelenting Force?

I'm also working on a minimod. I'm making a plant called the magma leaf, and I want the booze to have a syndrome that grants you NOFEAR. How would I do this?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:06:28 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »

i have a questoin i was reading the vampire interaction, so what's it this
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
what it does?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »

I'm also working on a minimod. I'm making a plant called the magma leaf, and I want the booze to have a syndrome that grants you NOFEAR. How would I do this?

Give it a syndrome with [SYN_INGESTED] and [CE_ADD_TAG:NOFEAR:START:0:END:1000] (used arbitrary numbers, doesn't have to be immediate and doesn't have to end)

-------

Ok...  curious.  I've been playing around with CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION, and here's what I've come up with...

1) Changing a dwarf to a dwarf of a different caste works.  However, the dwarf will not inherit any caste-specific appearance modifiers from the new caste (i.e. eye color, etc), but will inherit interactions.  Appearance modifiers must be handled by the syndrome.  Useful for spell-casting "classes."

2) Changing a dwarf into a human works, and even allows you to view the updated status screen and assign labors to the human, but they are flagged as "tame" and will not ever actually perform any labors. 

Slightly disappointing.

More updates to come.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:34:43 pm by narhiril »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »

I haven't had much time for this. Where are necromancers and mummies in the RAWs? I want to play around with them in arena mode.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2012, 03:39:21 pm »

I haven't had much time for this. Where are necromancers and mummies in the RAWs? I want to play around with them in arena mode.
The RCP.

That is to say, they're not.
Necromancy is a secret; not tied to creatures whatsoever.  The RCP generates several necromantic secrets within the world file, and gives them slabs for worldgen people/yourself to find.
Mummies, I think, are similarly created based on the raws of the creature type it's supposed to be a mummy of.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:27 pm »

Blast. I got pumped when Toady talked about playing around with them in arena mode on the blog and figured it would be open to us as well.

Well, guess I'll just do a few dozen terrifying embarks.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:26 pm »

Doesn't shapeshifting fully repair the body? Could someone help me incorporate a very brief shape change into my "True Resurrection" ability to actually bring back people who would otherwise die quickly? This could be fun in adventure mode to bring back your own living henchmen.
Took me a while but I made something close. Unfortunately the shape change can't be incorporated into the resurrection but I've made it to where you can fully heal only after you resurrect someone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gave it a decently long recharge because it's pretty powerful, if the resurrected aren't killed as crows. Unfortunately crows can't carry so your companions drop all their equipment.

Blast. I got pumped when Toady talked about playing around with them in arena mode on the blog and figured it would be open to us as well.

What generally happens is in Interaction Examples, if you want mess with them, just move them into your raw folder.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:50:41 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2012, 03:51:40 pm »

Copy everything from the interaction examples folder into objects and then you can play with them in the arena. I made a huge zombie army as a necromancer dragon.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 544