Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992227 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47:07 am »

Suppose I wanted a "Dwarven Stasis Chamber" to turn the worthless rabble into immobile Dwarfsicles that don't need food or drink, but could be defrosted promptly when I had need of a larger workforce. How would I go about that?

I was thinking a lockable room containing a workshop with a reaction that generates gas that transforms dwarfs for a month (how many time units is that?), set on repeat. Then suspend the reaction when I need the dwarfs. Would that work?
Maybe, but you could also have two transforms, one to store them, and a "defrost" which converts back to regular dwarves. Another dwarf would have to defrost the stored ones.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

Suppose I wanted a "Dwarven Stasis Chamber" to turn the worthless rabble into immobile Dwarfsicles that don't need food or drink, but could be defrosted promptly when I had need of a larger workforce. How would I go about that?

I was thinking a lockable room containing a workshop with a reaction that generates gas that transforms dwarfs for a month (how many time units is that?), set on repeat. Then suspend the reaction when I need the dwarfs. Would that work?
Maybe, but you could also have two transforms, one to store them, and a "defrost" which converts back to regular dwarves. Another dwarf would have to defrost the stored ones.

I'm anticipating problems with the way the game handles multiple transformations.  It might be best for this concept to just give the syndrome a set duration.

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2012, 11:49:35 am »

It's not so; I tried making AGILITY 2:0, and it cut my test creature's agility by 1/50th. It's percentage based.
Well, nuts, now I have to double-check my methodology on the MATERIAL_WEAKNESS. Did you check to see if altering the second variable induced a delay, or do we still not know exactly what that does?

I just tested a bunch of stat changes in dwarf mode.  The first number is a percentage, and the second is a fixed boost.  I put EMPATHY:0:1000 and it reset everybody's empathy to no adjective, WILLPOWER:0:1500 set everybody to "a lot of willpower".  100:0 leaves their stats as is, 100:250 bumps it up by one adjective level, 100:500 by two.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2012, 01:58:18 pm »

I'm anticipating problems with the way the game handles multiple transformations.  It might be best for this concept to just give the syndrome a set duration.

You don't need to transform them; just add a syndrome that makes them unconscious with severity 100 as well as the [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_AGING] tags, which basically sets them in a state of permanent sleep. And as far as I'm aware, you can't transform a single creature twice, and removing syndromes that have been contracted may not be possible.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:01:50 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2012, 02:06:57 pm »

You don't need to transform them; just add a syndrome that makes them unconscious with severity 100 as well as the [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_AGING] tags, which basically sets them in a state of permanent sleep. And as far as I'm aware, you can't transform a single creature twice, and removing syndromes that have been contracted may not be possible.
I was thinking the same thing, But have different boiling rocks that have different durations of time (I think somewhere said 4048 is 1 year?) Of course that means you have to be absolutly sure on how long you want that peon to be frozen. Also I wonder if that will work with children (does NO_AGING stop a child from growing up?) put a kid into a 12 year stasis until he becomes an adult (stops kidnapping and accidental death)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2012, 02:16:25 pm »

Another small question. I tried to make dwarfs have towns instead of mountain halls, what I get is absolutely nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can cities not form in the mountains, or something?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »

Can an unconcious dwarf still enter a Strange Mood? I seem to remember back when we lacked a healthcare system, a bedridden dwarf with a broken spine used to be able to suddenly jump up and run to a craftsdwarf's workshop because he had a brilliant idea for a new wooden chair, but I don't know if that's still true.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2012, 03:37:35 pm »

I'm trying to mod in  a group of slavers for a succesion game. Here are the raws.

They're largely copied over from humans both in entities and creatures, but they aren't named accoridingly

Here's the creature raws. if someone can tell me how to make them immune to undeath that'd be great.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'd like to try and get my game going early in the week.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2012, 04:15:44 pm »

Can an unconcious dwarf still enter a Strange Mood? I seem to remember back when we lacked a healthcare system, a bedridden dwarf with a broken spine used to be able to suddenly jump up and run to a craftsdwarf's workshop because he had a brilliant idea for a new wooden chair, but I don't know if that's still true.

That can be fixed by removing the [TRANCES] tag, which allows mooding, also for the duration of the sleep.

As for child aging...if you don't add the [NO_AGING] tag and set the duration for 12 years, then yes, they should grow up by the time they awake, though this isn't really what stasis does. It may be a problem getting them in contact with the inhalation syndrome as they can't do the reaction at the workshop themselves.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:18:24 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

Okay, so how would I go about making an attack suck blood AND apply a syndrome to the attacking creature?
I'd imagine
[SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:#:#]
[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ID]
in the same attack definition.

Wouldn't that apply the interaction to the attacked, though?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

My test stasis syndrome
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:stasis]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:50:PEAK:100:END:403200]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:10:START:0:END:403200]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA::NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST::START:1000:END:403200]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:TRANCES:LIKESFIGHTING:START:1000:END:403200]

Put's anything into sleep/inactivity for a year in fortress mode.  Just make sure you have a large hospital to house the knocked out dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:29:14 pm by Shooer »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2012, 05:42:36 pm »

Okay, so how would I go about making an attack suck blood AND apply a syndrome to the attacking creature?
I'd imagine
[SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:#:#]
[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ID]
in the same attack definition.

Wouldn't that apply the interaction to the attacked, though?
Whoops. I mis-understood/read the post. But maybe if the interaction's target is self?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

The target is defined in the [CAN_DO_INTERACTION], though...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2012, 06:34:49 pm »

The target is defined in the [CAN_DO_INTERACTION], though...
. . . And I'm all out of ideas. Out of curiosity what is this for?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:17 pm »

This is a pixel-bound post entitled "First the Kobold, then the World". It concerns the secrets of the secrets of life and death.

Necromancer SCIENCE:
Creature tags: (all changes made on humans for purposes of reverse-engineering necromancers. Each change was made individually then reverted after testing.)
-Removing [INTELLIGENT] does prevent towers, as expected
-Adding [UTTERANCES] (they still have CAN_SPEAK) to Humans does not stop them from making towers.
- Setting human [MAXAGE:60:120] to [MAXAGE:60999:120999] does not stop them from making towers
- Removing  MAXAGE does prevent human towers
- Removing [SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET] does not prevent towers

Entity Tags:
- Changed elves from [RELIGION:REGIONAL_FORCE] to [RELIGION:PANTHEON] (after giving them [MAXAGE:4000:5000] in their creature definition). Success!; elves start building towers.
- Giving kobolds [RELIGION:PANTHEON] is not sufficient to make them build towers (after giving them [MAXAGE:110:150] in their creature definition {which was not strictly necessary, as they have a default max age already}). Kobolds need both [RELIGION:PANTHEON] and [WANDERER] added to their entity section to start building towers.
- The same entity changes work for goblins as for kobolds (after goblins are given a MAXAGE).

Summary of tags needed which are not in all intelligent species by default:
In creature definition:
- [INTELLIGENT] or [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] (needs to be added to kobolds)
- [MAXAGE:minOldAgeDeath:maxOldAgeDeath] (needs to be added to elves and goblins)
In entity definition:
- [RELIGION:PANTHEON] (needs to be added to elves, goblins, and kobolds)
- [WANDERER] (needs to be added to goblins and kobolds)

Additional notes:
- Subterranean animal people were not tested for this post.
- With towers enabled for all species, humans are still the most common necromancers, followed by elves (likely due to population).
- Kobold towers have been observed after the changes, but are quite rare (again, likely due to population).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:42:52 am by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 544