Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999432 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »

Hmm, just a question

Is it possible to make custom workshops require power?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:46 pm »

Quick answer: Sadly no.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

The above reaction will require 10 separate buckets filled with pure water, and will consume the contents of the buckets, and transfer them to the new container.

This becomes a problem while i have the [AUTOMATIC] token. Since when I have one bucket with the liquid, it thinks that all prereqs have been filled and queues up the job, which gets cancelled as soon as the one bucket gets moved. This creates EPIC amounts of job cancellations.

Thanks for the attempt anyway

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:10 pm »

I currently use these two reaction for teaching/training skills:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a seperate reaction for each skill I want to train, and the training effect derives from the used skill and the prodcut that is created, with the product amount affecting the trainingseffect.

Cant I do this more elegantly/smoothly with the new interactions/features ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:02 pm »

How exactly do the IS_HIST_STRING_1 and _2 strings show up, and can one be used alone as opposed to in pairs? I'm working on a Leyak spell, and in this interaction,

I want the history to say "<historical figure> partook in the dark, shrouded art of black magic and was corrupted by it, transforming into a bloodthirsty leyak on moonless nights". In this context, is the IS_HIST_STRING_1 used or IS_NAME?

Also, I want the leyaks to transform on moonless nights.  How do I do that with CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE? I don't quite know what the numbers mean.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:14:47 pm by ydaraishy »

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2012, 01:00:45 am »

How exactly do the IS_HIST_STRING_1 and _2 strings show up, and can one be used alone as opposed to in pairs? I'm working on a Leyak spell, and in this interaction,
I want the history to say "<historical figure> partook in the dark, shrouded art of black magic and was corrupted by it, transforming into a bloodthirsty leyak on moonless nights". In this context, is the IS_HIST_STRING_1 used or IS_NAME?

Also, I want the leyaks to transform on moonless nights.  How do I do that with CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE? I don't quite know what the numbers mean.

I don't know if IS_HIST_STRING would work with a Secret.  For a curse, 1 is the god and 2 is the vampire. For a were-bite, 1 is the were-creature and 2 is the victim.  For a secret? 2 would be the vamp? and 1 would be I don't know what. You'll have to test it by genning worlds. 

Assuming Dwarf Fort uses a 28-day month, numbered 0 to 27, a moonless night would be: 
   [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:13:0]

Arthinas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:20 am »

I've been trying to create arrows or bolts that inject a toxin into their victims or set them on fire, but so far it only seems to work if the projectiles get stuck in their victims. Is there any way to ensure that projectiles get stuck in whatever they hit, or to actually inflict syndromes the instant they hit?

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2012, 02:51:48 am »

I've been trying to create arrows or bolts that inject a toxin into their victims or set them on fire, but so far it only seems to work if the projectiles get stuck in their victims. Is there any way to ensure that projectiles get stuck in whatever they hit, or to actually inflict syndromes the instant they hit?

How did you manage to get them to work when stuck in the first place? I've been trying to figure that out myself.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:14 am »

I don't know if IS_HIST_STRING would work with a Secret.  For a curse, 1 is the god and 2 is the vampire. For a were-bite, 1 is the were-creature and 2 is the victim.  For a secret? 2 would be the vamp? and 1 would be I don't know what. You'll have to test it by genning worlds. 

Assuming Dwarf Fort uses a 28-day month, numbered 0 to 27, a moonless night would be: 
   [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:13:0]

I've just tested it, and it seems that secrets always use IS_NAME, ignoring IS_HIST_STRING_x entirely. 

Also, I've just found out that secrets can't share spheres.  For a while I couldn't even get this one to work properly because another interaction shared the IS_SPHERE:DARKNESS tag, so I had to change it.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2012, 03:41:24 am »

just wondering, are necro towers hardcoded?

was planning on "cheating" the lack of true dark fortresses, and replacing with necro towers, but a quick glance at the raws does not include anything about necros aside from the syndrome/interaction...  nothing about the towers.

failing that, with the way human towns sprawl now, i am not going to use those for goblins, is it possible to only use the keeps?

I think the tag you want, if you want Goblins to build human-style fortresses, is [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS].

looking again, no, this is not the tag i want.  this will have goblins build forts identical to humans, AND blank dark fortresses.  now, there is more than likely no way to replace dark fortresses with another site while retaining the graphics, and there is no way to differentiate copied site types, aside from visiting the site and checking out the population, and with the way populations are more cosmopolitan now, even that is no guarantee.

providing goblins snatch well enough, replacing dark fortresses with cities will result in entire towns hostile to an adventurer "for no reason" (gotta love the babysnatcher tag)

my hope is that someone has seen something pretaining to necrmancers and their towers, so then perhaps i can give goblins a syndrome that mimics the way the necro syndrome causes towers to be built.

i have a sinking feeling, however, that it is hardcoded.

perhaps, instead, i can copy from kobolds, and have goblins living in caves.

and just another idea i had while posting this...  would it be possible to have a syndrome that over time permanently transforms a member of one race to another?  i was thinking of introducing "goblinifacation", a process by which captured sentients are tortured, exposed to clown fumes, etc etc, until they become a fully functional members of the goblin tower, or are dead.  50-50 shot.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2012, 06:23:35 am »

I am trying to mod in an interaction where the user mind-controls a living target and turns them against their enemies. After a lot of testing, I determined that the opposed_to_life and crazed tags are not good for any of this. I then decided to try using transformation to turn the victims of the power into hostile creatures, but they don't seem to turn on their old allies.

So far, it works in arena mode to a point--I can turn people into other creatures, but they don't attack, they just mill around.

Also, I'm trying to do this as a secret. I want these guys to form little conclaves like the Necromancers do, but they're not writing books or building towers or seeming to show up at all. I reduced the number of secrets to 0 during world gen. Why aren't my revolutionary leaders showing up and why aren't my revolutionaries violent?

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:REVOLUTIONARY]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the true extent of Nanotransen's heartless greed]
[IS_SPHERE:FREEDOM]
[IS_SPHERE:JUSTICE]
[IS_SPHERE:LABOR]
[IS_SPHERE:MERCY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_revolution.txt:objects/text/secret_revolution.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Revolutionary Leader]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:revolutionary leader:revolutionary leaders:revolutionary:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[SYN_CLASS:REVOLUTIONARY]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Convert a Revolutionary]
[CDI:INTERACTION:REVFLASH]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:TARGET:A:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:REVFLASH:1]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:REVFLASH:1]
[CDI:VERB:flash:flashes:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:gets a strange look in their eye]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

[INTERACTION:REVFLASH]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: brainwashed ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2:, turning them into a blood-crazed lackey for the revolution.]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:REVOLUTIONARY]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:person to convert]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
  [SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:revolutionary brainwashing]
[SYN_CLASS:REVOLUTIONARY]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:60000]
[CE:CREATURE:REVOLUTIONARY:DEFAULT]

And the creature itself

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:REVOLUTIONARY]
[DESCRIPTION:A brainwashed minion of the revolution, nearly feral, and craving destruction.]
[NAME:revolutionary:revolutionaries:human]
[CREATURE_TILE:1][COLOR:3:0:0]
[CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2]
[LARGE_PREDATOR][NOFEAR][LIKES_FIGHTING][CRAZED]
[TRANCES]
[ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
[BENIGN]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[GENERAL_BABY_NAME:baby:babies]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:child:children]
[EQUIPS]
[DIURNAL]
[SPEECH:general.txt]
[PREFSTRING:bloodlust]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYEBROW:EYEBROW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[CASTE:DEFAULT]
[CASTE_NAME:revolutionary:revolutionaries:human]
[MAXAGE:65:100]
[BABY:1]
[CHILD:14]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:80000]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25:50 am »

Stupid question but is there any way to make Secret users write down their secret more often? so that wizards and such would be more common.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:37 am »

I'm not too well versed in making workshops, could someone let me know what's wrong with this? The error log is giving me nothing, but it doesn't show up when I go to build it.

Spoiler: "Evolution Shrine" (click to show/hide)

I basically just copied the screw press and changed the name, so I don't exactly know what could be non-functional. Brewing's just a placeholder skill for now.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:35 am »

I'm not too well versed in making workshops, could someone let me know what's wrong with this? The error log is giving me nothing, but it doesn't show up when I go to build it.

Spoiler: "Evolution Shrine" (click to show/hide)

I basically just copied the screw press and changed the name, so I don't exactly know what could be non-functional. Brewing's just a placeholder skill for now.
Did you add the building as available in the entity file for the civs you want to build it?

Arthinas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:40 am »

How did you manage to get them to work when stuck in the first place? I've been trying to figure that out myself.

I set the bolts to use this inorganic substance. It doesn't set people on fire per se, but if it gets stuck in someone there's a burst of boiling blood and then the affected body parts begin to melt, bleed heavily, and smoke. They usually die not too long after that. But if it doesn't get stuck in someone it just acts like a normal bolt. Adding a syndrome to this inorganic substance and setting its melting point below its fixed temperature will also ensure that the syndrome affects anyone the bolt gets stuck in, and also seems to prevent them from getting burned.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:11:59 pm by Arthinas »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 544