Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002468 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #510 on: February 24, 2012, 01:20:13 am »

Is it possible for a creature to have an UNDIRECTED_DUST attack that doesn't send itself flying?
If you mean "sends everyone flying but itself" then no. All breath attacks have the unfortunate effect or getting the user caught in them too, that's why the user has to be immune to it's attacks (or not :P).

Damn. So much for Shockwave Stomp. Or at least for it's use in fort mode. Could still be useful to bring others down with you when mortally wounded.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 24, 2012, 02:30:26 am »

Alright, I've made some progress on my lightning spell. The syndrome needs to be tweaked severely. I've been butchering and pasting this thing back together over and over again and I've afraid I've hit a wall. I can't seem to get the interaction to use both material emission and syndrome. When syndrome works material emission won't, and I can't identify why.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 24, 2012, 03:52:17 am »

So, I'm making enhanced necromancers, who will have more powerful interactions, but must still eat, drink and sleep. I already have a greater animate corpse interaction, which works pretty darn well. Now, I'm making a "throw bone ball" interaction. Trouble is, I don't know how to make the attack's material human bone.

EDIT: Nevermind, CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE worked.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:46:29 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 24, 2012, 04:59:30 am »

Newbie messing with mods here.

I want all the civs to stop wearing clothes. I'm tired of socks being all over the place. I don't mind clothes existing, I definitely still want to be able to make them, but I only want dwarves equipping them if it's part of a uniform (military or otherwise).

Do I have to go through all the different clothing raws, or mess with some entity raws, or mess with the creature raws?

EDIT: Found the [clothing] and [subterranean_clothing] tags in the entities raw, but deleting those does nothing. Changed it in DF/raw/objects/entity_default.txt, genned a new world, embarked, and they were all wearing mittens and junk still.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:38:19 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 24, 2012, 08:03:03 am »

Also get rid of the tags specifying which clothing they wear, that should do it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #515 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:01 am »

anyone have a full body armor template I can use? I heard it cant cover feet, hands and head but thats ok.

Making mesh armor suits for the Necromunda 40k mod.
What do you mean by armor template? Like natural Full Body Armor? or ITEM_ARMOR armor? As I got a natural full body humonid body template complete with joints.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:16 am »

I'm trying to make a female-only race, though I don't exactly know how to pull off reproduction.
I've thought of a possible way, but I don't know if it's actually viable.

Idea was to have the race capture male slaves from the human race. Is such slavery and reproduction even possible?
Expanding on that, how about an interaction which would turn the male humans into a caste that is never naturally born? How different can castes, physically, even be?

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:34 am »

Turning them into a not naturally-born caste should work. Just use [POP_RATIO:1] on the females, and [POP_RATIO:0] on the males. I think that'll do it.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:07 am »

I've noticed that when I was doing some heavy beekeeping that my Dwarves were constantly getting stung (the hives were placed in the statue garden because I felt like being a jerk to the party crowd). I know that being stung doesn't cause an unhappy thought, but when I was reading their raws I noticed that they actually do inject a venom thats supposed to cause pain and swelling -- is there a reason why stung dwarves don't feel pain from bee-sting? Would it be possible to make beestings more painful or inject a more serious venom, but still make them otherwise identical to the bees as they are now?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 24, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

I've noticed that when I was doing some heavy beekeeping that my Dwarves were constantly getting stung (the hives were placed in the statue garden because I felt like being a jerk to the party crowd). I know that being stung doesn't cause an unhappy thought, but when I was reading their raws I noticed that they actually do inject a venom thats supposed to cause pain and swelling -- is there a reason why stung dwarves don't feel pain from bee-sting? Would it be possible to make beestings more painful or inject a more serious venom, but still make them otherwise identical to the bees as they are now?
Size, it has to do with size.  The size dependency on severity can be changed but it's why FB caused syndromes and GCS's venom are so deadly/potent.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:32 pm »

Size, it has to do with size.  The size dependency on severity can be changed but it's why FB caused syndromes and GCS's venom are so deadly/potent.

So what would I have to modify in order to make a bee sting cause Necrosis of the Brain in whatever creature got stung? Would it be as simple as removing the [SIZE_DILUTES] and [RESISTABLE] tag from the syndrome raws?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:15 pm »

Yep, you can also increase the SEV to make it stronger as well.

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

I'm trying to make a set of six custom plants always available to a civilization. I've tried putting in a custom metal, with a reaction to break down the metal into the seeds for the plant, but then I can't seem to plant those seeds (apparently a long-standing bug with the way farm plots find potential plants for growing).

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? I don't want the plants to be naturally occuring, if at all possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #523 on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

Cant you make the plant naturally occuring, in all biomes, BUT give them a frequency of 0 ? This way framplots should detect them, but they dont actually grow in the wild.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 24, 2012, 12:40:23 pm »

Cant you make the plant naturally occuring, in all biomes, BUT give them a frequency of 0 ? This way framplots should detect them, but they dont actually grow in the wild.

I'll try that, but it may have the downside of making them available to other civilizations, which I'd like to avoid. I'll post back here after I've tried.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:50:06 pm by UnkemptArmada »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 544