Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002103 times)

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #645 on: February 26, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

[SOLID_DENSITY:20] - make that higher, higher = more dense, more dense = more gas, more gas = more chance of infection

But yes just as Meph said, there is no other way yet (aside from trying to feed it a liquid and transform that way, I believe the cat cleaning interaction make it "eat/drink" the contents it cleans)

But trying to get a contact syndrom/ ingestion is even harder then pasture with gas (only funny way would to make the creature secreate the contact transformation on its skin, but that means it will always transform instantly)

I can definitely say that yes, the cat cleaning interaction makes them ingest the contaminants on their skin. I've had cats become infected from eating the blood from a custom werecreature I made :D
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #646 on: February 27, 2012, 07:57:56 am »

well in this case the reagent already has a SEED plant mat, but it wont reference it in any reaction I make that includes a HAS_REACTION_MATERIAL_PRODUCT.

Tried with your method but same result. This this what you meant?

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:BLOOD_FUNGUS]
[NAME:blood fungus][NAME_PLURAL:blood fungi][ADJ:blood fungus]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT:PLANT_MAT:BLOOD_FUNGUS_STAGE2:STRUCTURAL]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:PLANT_MAT:BLOOD_FUNGUS:SEED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[PICKED_TILE:161]
[PICKED_COLOR:6:13:0]
[GROWDUR:10][VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:blood fungus mucus:blood fungus mucii:4:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[FREQUENCY:90]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:surprising ichor]
[WET]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[SHRUB_TILE:142]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:28]
[SHRUB_COLOR:5:11:0]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:5:6:0]

[PLANT:BLOOD_FUNGUS_STAGE2]
[NAME:prepared blood fungus][NAME_PLURAL:prepared blood fungi][ADJ:blood fungus]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PICKED_TILE:161]
[PICKED_COLOR:6:13:0]

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PREPARE_PLANTS]
[NAME:prepare harvest]
[BUILDING:CULTIVATORIUM:NONE]
[REAGENT:produce:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:produce:SEED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:produce:PLANT_PREP_MAT]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
[AUTOMATIC]

Allow me to help?

inside the plant arrange your HAS_MATERIAL_PRODUCTS like this:
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT:PLANT_MAT:BLOOD_FUNGUS_STAGE2:STRUCTURAL]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] -- changed this for nicity

Now your seeds shall work in your reaction? Somehow placing MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT anywhere else "other" then right under [BASIC_MAT...] seems to make it be ignored :/

Thanks for the help. I might just give the creature the ability to transform itself, with a reeeeally long start time on the interaction.
I know an Idea if your using interactions. Everytime it goes into combat it uses an interaction on itself, that gives it another interaction say 6 months later, and when it uses that one in combat it get another interaction. do that for like 5 interactions and the 6th one will evolve it in 6 months?

Cool idea eh? if you won't use it im using it anyways :P

EDIT:
This forces it to only evolve through combat (or a source of combat every X time)

Holy shit I love you that's great
:) also if you make them last forever (the syndrom they apply) you can have small little bonuses (kinda like RPG lvl ups)

*leans back and waits for hugo to finish his fancy idea*

Well done. Any progress on the broodmothers/pet/dwarf/transform non-sense we were up to ?
Not as of yet, was thinking of doing a story fort about the !!SCIENCE!! involved, hopefully will start that today at some point.

EDIT:
@Progressiving Interaction Leveling (PIL)
Make sure that any "evolved" formed in between are on timers and they cannot be recast (in case lvl up not possible in one go) if the next lvl is ready to be "evolved" into. And of course the final "Evolve" would be forever. Have fun with all your devious plans for a "Evoluvtion" system/ Leveling system
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:13:03 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29:03 am »

Quick question gents, I'm almost done with the initial testing build of my mod, but I'm still new at reactions.

Can anyone tell me how to make a reaction that would make a Large Dagger from specific stones (native copper and obsidian in this case)?

I've already built a custom workshop for it called the CRUDE_ANVIL, but I'm still not sure how to do the reaction itself.

- So far here's what I have for the reaction:

[REACTION:MAKE_COPPER_SWORD]
   [NAME:make native copper Sword]
   [BUILDING:CRUDE_ANVIL:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COPPER]
   [SKILL:WEAPONSMITH]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:44:16 am by bobsnewaddress »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 27, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »

Quick question gents, I'm almost done with the initial testing build of my mod, but I'm still new at reactions.

Can anyone tell me how to make a reaction that would make a Large Dagger from specific stones (native copper and obsidian in this case)?

I've already built a custom workshop for it called the CRUDE_ANVIL, but I'm still not sure how to do the reaction itself.

[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COPPER]
Add a reaction class called CRUDE_METAL and add that to the reaction. so [REACTION_CLASS:CRUDE_METAL] on all the stones you want, then the reagent would be
[REAGENT:raw ore:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:CRUDE_METAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:raw ore:NONE]

do note that the weapon ID may be wrong

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 27, 2012, 01:15:21 pm »

Add a reaction class called CRUDE_METAL and add that to the reaction. so [REACTION_CLASS:CRUDE_METAL] on all the stones you want, then the reagent would be
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:raw ore:NONE]

Is the CRUDE_METAL reaction necessary to make it work?

OK, I tested out the custom workshop and while it did make a short sword from the ore, as I requested, the item was just called "short sword" with no material listed or quality/value, and it weighed only 1. It wasn't placed in a weapon stockpile and my militia didn't pick it up...

What did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:05:44 pm by bobsnewaddress »

Krakarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2012, 02:22:17 pm »

I have a question: My custom reaction that takes 1 plant and 1 stone tablet (custom item) as reagents does not work as intended. The dwarves take a stack of 5 plants (or up to 5) and uses them all in one reaction. What am I doing wrong here?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »

You are doing nothing wrong, it is a normal DF issue.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

I have a question: My custom reaction that takes 1 plant and 1 stone tablet (custom item) as reagents does not work as intended. The dwarves take a stack of 5 plants (or up to 5) and uses them all in one reaction. What am I doing wrong here?
So far custom reactions don't respect stack sizes (so a Plump Helmet and a Plump Helmet [5] are the same to the reaction) if you want to get stack sizes to work you need a workaround. And to do that you need something to have [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:STUCTURE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL] right under your plant's [BASIC_MAT.....] and your reaction would look something like this:

[REACTION:PROCESS_PLANT_TOKEN]
   [NAME:make plant tokens]
   [BUILDING:(custom workshop):NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:STUCTURE_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOKEN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:STUCTURE_MAT] - Note you will have to make a toy item with the Ref ID
   [SKILL:(whatever skill)]

^^^^ this reaction will make a token based on stack, so a single plant will make one token where as a stack [5] will make 5 tokens.

SO then alter your current reaction to accept TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOKEN and all will be well with the workaround. also if you want the conversion to give seeds you need this on the plant as well
   [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

and this product line on the PLANT_TOKEN reaction

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]

OK, I tested out the custom workshop and while it did make a short sword from the ore, as I requested, the item was just called "short sword" with no material listed or quality/value, and it weighed only 1. It wasn't placed in a weapon stockpile and my militia didn't pick it up...

What did I do wrong?
Check the errorlog it will tell you the issues, and this is why (sorry I missed it, I was more concerned on your reaction to make stone daggers)

it should be:
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COPPER]

Also stone weapons/ammo and other things don't get stockpiled
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:58:40 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #653 on: February 27, 2012, 03:02:11 pm »

Just wanted to throw in a random bit of science:

Ghostly (whatevers) can still do interactions. This means that a ghostly necromancer can still raise the dead. Be sure to slab/bury them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »

Just wanted to throw in a random bit of science:

Ghostly (whatevers) can still do interactions. This means that a ghostly necromancer can still raise the dead. Be sure to slab/bury them.
D: oh noes, the !!FUN!! :P

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2012, 03:20:36 pm »

My custom interactions like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
or similar one with transformation effect are performed on any amount of targets no matter the distance or line of sight. Can someone post an example where the range of such interaction is limited or they're broken?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:50 pm »

So far custom reactions don't respect stack sizes (so a Plump Helmet and a Plump Helmet [5] are the same to the reaction) if you want to get stack sizes to work you need a workaround. And to do that you need something to have [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:STUCTURE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL] right under your plant's [BASIC_MAT.....] and your reaction would look something like this:

[REACTION:PROCESS_PLANT_TOKEN]
   [NAME:make plant tokens]
   [BUILDING:(custom workshop):NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:STUCTURE_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOKEN:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:STUCTURE_MAT] - Note you will have to make a toy item with the Ref ID
   [SKILL:(whatever skill)]

^^^^ this reaction will make a token based on stack, so a single plant will make one token where as a stack [5] will make 5 tokens.

SO then alter your current reaction to accept TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOKEN and all will be well with the workaround. also if you want the conversion to give seeds you need this on the plant as well
   [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

and this product line on the PLANT_TOKEN reaction

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]

What did I do wrong?
Check the errorlog it will tell you the issues, and this is why (sorry I missed it, I was more concerned on your reaction to make stone daggers)

it should be:
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COPPER]

Also stone weapons/ammo and other things don't get stockpiled

Thanks a lot Hugo, it worked like a charm! Since Native copper/silver/gold (and my custom Meteor Iron) all share the same properties as the metal they are ores for it should be perfect for the Kobold civilizations cold forging tecniques.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

[SOLID_DENSITY:20] - make that higher, higher = more dense, more dense = more gas, more gas = more chance of infection

But yes just as Meph said, there is no other way yet (aside from trying to feed it a liquid and transform that way, I believe the cat cleaning interaction make it "eat/drink" the contents it cleans)

But trying to get a contact syndrom/ ingestion is even harder then pasture with gas (only funny way would to make the creature secreate the contact transformation on its skin, but that means it will always transform instantly)

I can definitely say that yes, the cat cleaning interaction makes them ingest the contaminants on their skin. I've had cats become infected from eating the blood from a custom werecreature I made :D
  You helped me find a bug, my modified cleaning interaction using a tongue wasn't transferring syndromes, so I opened it up to post here, so you could tell me what I messed up, but I saw it myself.  I had given the creature a lick (creature_file.txt)interaction that referenced the tongue, but I didn't change the original (interaction_file.txt)interaction to require it and that was causing my lick interaction to not ingest syndromes.  That was an interaction I made when I didn't really know what I was doing.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2012, 05:31:15 pm »

Allow me to help?

inside the plant arrange your HAS_MATERIAL_PRODUCTS like this:
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] -- changed this for nicity

Now your seeds shall work in your reaction? Somehow placing MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT anywhere else "other" then right under [BASIC_MAT...] seems to make it be ignored :/

Just thought I'd mention that the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT tag works wherever I put it in the plant, but the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED doesnt, no matter where I put it in the plant token.

I dont think I even need the second MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT as SEED is already defined in the plant. That was just a hacky idea to make it work. Of course trying without it doesnt work either. Its worth noting that the plant produces seeds normally when Threshing in the farmers workshop

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

So I've been using a reaction to permanently transform a regular dwarf into a new caste of dwarf...  The thing works perfectly, except for one little thing.  When I try to view the thoughts and preferences of a transformed dwarf, the game crashes.

I'm just wondering, is anyone else having this issue?  I want to know if this is a DF issue or a mod issue.  Errorlog is blank.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 544