Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002104 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #840 on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:27 pm »

Hey peeps, I seem to be having a little reaction problem I'm hoping you could help me with.

[REACTION:APPLEBUCK]
   [NAME:Buck Apples]
   [BUILDING:PONY_APPLETREE:CUSTOM_B]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:PONY_APPLE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]

I can't seem to get anything but "plants" as an output, am i missing something, did i get the product line wrong?
[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:PONY_APPLE:PLANT_MAT:PONY_APPLE:PLANT] or [PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:PONY_APPLE:PLANT_MAT:PONY_APPLE:STRUCTURAL] should make it work
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

That did the trick! Thanks!

kompressormight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

after making goblins playable as a race, in adventure mode, my goblin will attack other friendly goblins without warning rather than stopping as usual or moving through them otherwise. is there anything i can do to change this behavior? is this related to [babysnatcher]? ethics?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:22:45 pm by kompressormight »

wozit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »

What do I need to change so that the game will pause when a child turns into an adult like it does for babies being born? By the time this starts happening, fps is slowed down and I don't watch the fort at all times and I hate it when those lazy teens slip through the cracks by pretending to be "farmers" based on picking mushrooms out of the mud when they felt like it.
I love the idea that large creatures should be modelled as cubes.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »

after making goblins playable as a race, in adventure mode, my goblin will attack other friendly goblins without warning rather than stopping as usual or moving through them otherwise. is there anything i can do to change this behavior? is this related to [babysnatcher]? ethics?
Probably has something to do with LOCAL_BANDITRY. If you've ever walked into a seemingly friendly town (even your start town) and get attacked by the residents, that is LOCAL_BANDITRY. Of course if you removed their ability to talk, walking into someone would also make you attack them.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

kompressormight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »

Probably has something to do with LOCAL_BANDITRY. If you've ever walked into a seemingly friendly town (even your start town) and get attacked by the residents, that is LOCAL_BANDITRY. Of course if you removed their ability to talk, walking into someone would also make you attack them.

There it goes. Got confused between the two banditry flags. Yeah, local_banditry did it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:13:27 pm by kompressormight »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 06, 2012, 09:43:35 am »

I need a bit of help for an Exalted mod Im making

1.Are weather spells doable yet?
2.Can you have an adventurer begin in the underworld/playable underworld civ?
3.any way to do "charm" style spells, to make an enemy either join you or stop attacking?
4.Any way to have either A.race specific adventure reactions or B.Interactions that create items such as weapons.
5.Any way to make some castes within a race more likely to do crime?

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 06, 2012, 10:07:36 am »

Is there any way to make an interaction check for creature status before applying a syndrome? like, for example, check if the creature is conscious, bleeding, in pain, etc? 

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:09 am »

What do I need to change so that the game will pause when a child turns into an adult like it does for babies being born? By the time this starts happening, fps is slowed down and I don't watch the fort at all times and I hate it when those lazy teens slip through the cracks by pretending to be "farmers" based on picking mushrooms out of the mud when they felt like it.
All adjustable announcements are in /data/init/announcements.txt but I couldn't notice anything related.

I need a bit of help for an Exalted mod Im making
1.Are weather spells doable yet?
2.Can you have an adventurer begin in the underworld/playable underworld civ?
3.any way to do "charm" style spells, to make an enemy either join you or stop attacking?
4.Any way to have either A.race specific adventure reactions or B.Interactions that create items such as weapons.
5.Any way to make some castes within a race more likely to do crime?
1.No
2.No
3. Apart from paralysis or transformation into sponge no.
4. Shouldn't those be placed into entity related to adventurer? Not of much help here.
5. Here too but doubtfully.

Is there any way to make an interaction check for creature status before applying a syndrome? like, for example, check if the creature is conscious, bleeding, in pain, etc? 
There's no such examples in vanilla apart from vampire's teeth but how the related tags work is unknown.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
  • If the cops ask, I'm a lumberjack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:01 am »

So I had an idea just now and had to come here to get some tips on getting it done. I need to know how to add another limb so my wrestler can use his beard while fighting, as if it were another arm.
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 06, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »

This is kind of a basic question, but I don't remember the answer offhand and it'd probably be faster to ask than to figure out the answer myself.

What's the simplest way to get a creature that instantly dies as soon as it appears? There are a bunch of different ways, I know, but which is the fastest and most effective?

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 06, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »

From the wiki:
ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER    | Caste | number | Modifies the attack velocity. Believed to be percent based (so 100 would be "normal"). May be on same scale as weapon velocity (where 1000 is "normal")."

HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THIS YET?

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:04 pm »

Is it possible to grant interactions to targets through animation?

If so what is the proper way to do this. I know how to do it via attack transfers, but not animation applied syndromes.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 06, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »

So I had an idea just now and had to come here to get some tips on getting it done. I need to know how to add another limb so my wrestler can use his beard while fighting, as if it were another arm.
You'd have to make a BEARD(beard) bodypart with [GRASP] and add it to your creature.

This is kind of a basic question, but I don't remember the answer offhand and it'd probably be faster to ask than to figure out the answer myself.

What's the simplest way to get a creature that instantly dies as soon as it appears? There are a bunch of different ways, I know, but which is the fastest and most effective?
Removing the brain's probably the best bet, but adding [AQUATIC] to a land animal works too.
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
        [MELTING_POINT:10000]
is pretty cool but my favorite is
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
        [BOILING_POINT:10000]
and adding
   [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10075]
makes it a sure thing.

From the wiki:
ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER    | Caste | number | Modifies the attack velocity. Believed to be percent based (so 100 would be "normal"). May be on same scale as weapon velocity (where 1000 is "normal")."

HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THIS YET?
Because we don't fully understand weapon attacks. There's too many variables involved in testing: Skill rolls, attacks of chance (from back,side,etc), individual creatures, etc. Because of this most things relating to attacks are hypothesis and guesswork. Even now ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER only pops up twice in the RAWs (one of those files is new) and then they both use the same modifier number. Seeing as when it is used it is for high-velocity kicks at 3000, 1000's probably the norm.

Is it possible to grant interactions to targets through animation?

If so what is the proper way to do this. I know how to do it via attack transfers, but not animation applied syndromes.
It isn't possible if your talking about the ones made during worldgen but if you're using a custom animation interaction just slap the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION stuff on, like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:09 pm »

Hey guys!

Ran into a bit of a snag when playtesting our next Pokemon release. I've been putting all the evolutionary "families" of pokemon into the same creature file, and making each evolution a distinct caste (two for each gender), in the interest of them being able to interbreed. In order to ensure that the offspring are only the lowest evolution, I gave the lowest ones [POP_RATIO:1], and all the evolutions [POP_RATIO:0]. I was a bit dismayed to see the weedle eggs hatch into Kakunas and Beedrills, however. The result was similar for all the other species, and though it certainly wasn't statistically significant, I did see a preference for the lower forms.

Any ideas? Does POP_RATIO refuse to accept a null value? I'm about to playtest giving the evolutions [POP_RATIO:1] and the base forms [POP_RATIO:100000000], but I'm on the lookout for a more elegant fix.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 544