Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 984162 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1155 on: March 30, 2012, 11:51:55 am »

So I am trying to figure out how to alter certain metals and I have a few questions..
1. What parts of the raws should I alter to change metals & stone cluster sizes?
2. How do I make some metals magma-proof?
3. (kinda unrelated to metals), How do I make Obsidian almost as good as adamantite?

I have used the search function, but I mostly found outdated topics.

To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 30, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »

To make obsidian adamantine-level, copy most of it's numbered properties (solid_density, yields, fractures, etc) on the material definition file.

Upon further testing, I've begun to have remarkable trouble milking any custom creature. I've even tried directly copying and pasting a cow's milk entry into a similar creature, and it doesn't even work then. Is milk ridiculously hardcoded or something?

EDIT: I've also noticed that in the default raws, something weird seems to be going on. Milk uses a [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] in the female caste, even though that's technically a creature token (I haven't been able to get it to work in castes). What sorcery is this?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:27:51 pm by Old Greg »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 30, 2012, 02:20:40 pm »

To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

I lol'd.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 30, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

Sigging this.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »

There needs to be a unit equivalent to proofs so we can set how alcoholic drinks are. This is so that (inferior-livered) creatures can get alcohol poisoning if they consume too much high-proof, and so that dwarves can have a threshold for how alcoholic a fluid has to prevent critical sobriety (AKA ethanol/alcohol deficiency syndrome)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 30, 2012, 05:21:20 pm »

There needs to be a unit equivalent to proofs so we can set how alcoholic drinks are. This is so that (inferior-livered) creatures can get alcohol poisoning if they consume too much high-proof, and so that dwarves can have a threshold for how alcoholic a fluid has to prevent critical sobriety (AKA ethanol/alcohol deficiency syndrome)

"This brew be 100% Urist! Enough to burst th' liver of a thousand elves!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 30, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »

Now comes the tricky part of Daleks as a civ. Should I even have an entity, or should I leave them to randomly spawn in the wilds? How can I ensure maximum extermination. Obviously they need to be constantly at war with every other race, with no chance of trade. The real tricky thing would be to get them to seige without them bringing weapons, as they need to attack only with interactions. If I give a civ no weapons, can it still seige, sending only "wrestlers"?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 30, 2012, 06:05:01 pm »

Yes.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:15 pm »

Been playing around with boiling items to try and control the size of the gas clouds produced and I'm not having much luck. My ultimate plan was to try and introduce gas-based traps, but the size of the cloud doesn't leave me very confident that it would be very effective. Anyone have any experience in setting up something like this? Modifying liquid density, solid density, and molar mass all seemed to have no net impact on the cloud produced.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 31, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »

Been playing around with boiling items to try and control the size of the gas clouds produced and I'm not having much luck. My ultimate plan was to try and introduce gas-based traps, but the size of the cloud doesn't leave me very confident that it would be very effective. Anyone have any experience in setting up something like this? Modifying liquid density, solid density, and molar mass all seemed to have no net impact on the cloud produced.
I'm afraid the only thing I can say is put more of the material into the traps. On the other hand, you could do the traps as creatures with a suicidal dust attack, who also evaporate into more of the substance when they die. That's how I did nukes.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 01, 2012, 12:51:05 am »

How would i make it so a mineral comes in bigger vain and more frequently?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 01, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

The 100 number in the vein refers to how often it shows up; I'm not sure if it's possible to increase it past 100. You could always just decrease mineral scarcity.

Is there still a problem with fortress mode creatures being unable to use foreign ammo?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 01, 2012, 06:26:30 pm »

Is there still a problem with fortress mode creatures being unable to use foreign ammo?

No, in Corrosion, my bullets/shells are technically foreign but they use them.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1168 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:47 pm »

How would i make it so a mineral comes in bigger vain and more frequently?

Change the value in ENVIRONMENT or ENVIRONMENT_SPEC for that material (in the inorganic files, under INORGANIC:whatever) from VEIN (or whatever) to CLUSTER.  That won't make it more common, but when you do get it it'll be in huge amounts.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:00 pm »

Ah, bullets and guns. I had a top-secret mod I was working on involving those, but they stumped me. I had trouble making them more lethal than arrows, and couldn't figure out how to prevent their making in forges but still let caravans bring them from home (and also for world-gen soldiers to use them).
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 544