Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002400 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1605 on: May 19, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »

So I gave dwarf the power to raised the dead and the not living tag but they still run from the friendly undead would NO_FEAR fix this?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1606 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42:22 pm »

They need NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE but then they are evil

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 20, 2012, 06:57:51 am »

So I'm clueless when it comes to interactions, what all can you do with them?

Edit: haha my bad, I put reactions without thinking
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:03:05 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 20, 2012, 06:59:27 am »

You can place items in a workshop and get other items from that. A few creative things can be done using that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 20, 2012, 07:32:01 am »

I have a crazy idea. Is it at all possible to make a interaction that turns creatures into dolls or figurines, and if it can, would they drop their items?

EDIT: When making an item (such as a drink or something) that adds an interaction to a creature, how would one set that up?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:21:14 am by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 20, 2012, 08:58:18 am »

You can probably make them change into a creature that dies ASAP and lets a doll or figurine as item corpse, but you will not get any likeness of the original creature on the doll/figurine;

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:30 am »

You can probably make them change into a creature that dies ASAP and lets a doll or figurine as item corpse, but you will not get any likeness of the original creature on the doll/figurine;

Yeah, I had the same thought. It would be nice to have a doll with the same description as the creature it was made from, but I guess that will have to wait until interactions can turn creatures into items. As soon as I'm finished I'll post my Doll Maker's Curse Raws for all the people to have fun with. Also, I really must thank Hugo_The_Dwarf for telling me about his Project Clockwerk yesterday. I found the interactions he made and with it I'm understanding the basics of interactions :)

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 20, 2012, 09:57:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could anyone help me and explain how can I define the material a particular limb (not the whole skin or muscles or body) is made of?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:26 am »

@Psychomantits

There are about two ways that I know how to do what you want
1. Crafty use of a custom body_detail_plan, with a complete body of your creature
2. Use the standardard mterials and tissue plan, and assign the first part of the body (in your image of the shark/crab you would define the [BODY:shark stuff and organs..]) and do the normal vertabrea_tissue_layer_plan coating that first part with all the normal tissues

then you do another [BODY:crab legs...] and manually assign the tissues
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:CRAB_LEG:MUSCLE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:CRAB_LEG:FAT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:CRAB_LEG:CHITIN]

remember think of assigning tissues as painting a wall, the primer/white goes on first then the color.

EDIT:
@Sanure
You are very welcome, you should see some of my interactions for my next mod :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:21 am »

@Sanure
You are very welcome, you should see some of my interactions for my next mod :P
I definatly want to :) interactions are becoming fun for me  :D
you'll have to see my interaction when its done, it will making clearing tombs and towns and towers and such a ton easier job, and it will give you sellable items. only problem im having now is the blank creature to drop dolls... it wont drop dolls when its die, and it rarely dies... ive made it freeze the second its created, and burned the second its created, neither have worked... any clues as to why?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:14 am »

Give it a BRAIN and remove NOTHOUGHT and do a [REMOVE_MATERIAL:BRAIN] and use this material instead

[MATERIAL:BRAIN]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:sticky goo]
      [SPEC_HEAT:1]
      [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
      [BOILING_POINT:9000]
      [HEATDAM_POINT:9000]
      [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10200]
      [STATE_NAME:GAS:foul smell]
      [STATE_ADJ:GAS:foul smell]

drop that under    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]

also make sure the HOMOTHERM is at least 10000
the brain will melt/get damaged killing it instantly

oh and here are some of my goodies
Spoiler: INTERACTIONS (click to show/hide)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 20, 2012, 11:06:36 am »

Give it a BRAIN and remove NOTHOUGHT and do a [REMOVE_MATERIAL:BRAIN] and use this material instead
-snip-
also make sure the HOMOTHERM is at least 10000
the brain will melt/get damaged killing it instantly

oh and here are some of my goodies
-snip-

yay, now they die, but i still dont get an item, tho i can now see if my doll curse syndrome and Doll Maker's Curse interaction works

EDIT: ok, the effect semi works... turns them into toads instead of blanks, but anyways, how can I place a syndrome on an item to give my adventurer the Doll Maker powers?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:23:39 am by Sanure »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:07 am »

Entity raws question: is it possible to add RARE, COMMON, or FORCED to anything else other than clothing and weapons? Would be cool to have an entity whose civs could end up babysnatcher enemies OR trading friendlies in the same world.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:10 am »

@Sanure
ITEMCORPSE remember that wiki source that's bundled with PC? :P

and you can make it an injested syndrome. Say the doll when dropped the adventuerer has a reaction to turn the doll into "doll meat" and the doll meat has a syndrome that gives the interaction.

@Tirion
Nope sorry, you can copy the entity and give the [BABYSNATCHER] tag. There would be two 'Human" civs one good one evil (I just used humans as an example)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:14 am »

@Sanure
ITEMCORPSE remember that wiki source that's bundled with PC? :P

and you can make it an injested syndrome. Say the doll when dropped the adventuerer has a reaction to turn the doll into "doll meat" and the doll meat has a syndrome that gives the interaction.

I figured out how to do it after looking at the bronze colossus for about an hour :P They now drop Cursed Dolls when the interaction is in effect. I want them to be Cursed Dolls of a type of plant material but im not sure how to do that. I'd rather not eat doll meat... it might be evil... Anyways, Im wanting to make an item that my person will ingest to get the interaction, but how do I make that work?
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 544