Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 993194 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3225 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:00 pm »

HEATDAM_POINT refers to when the material will start getting x's around its name and such, which is what damage means. A higher degree heat source will burn faster; SPEC_HEAT is also involved in this.

Fire means the item sets fire, becomes all flashy and stuff. Having a low HEATDAM_POINT and a high IGNITE_POINT, then an item made of the material will simply start wearing away to nothing; if its IGNITE_POINT is low and HEATDAM_POINT high, then it'll stay on fire for... a very long time.

Your impression is correct, with one condition: the material boils the instant it reaches the temperature. If it has no NAME defined, it'll appear as "n/a".

BOILING_POINT is instantaneous. The message when a being is boiled is "The (creature) has bled to death".

Zucchini

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-Purpose Vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »

Thanks Putnam!

This makes me curious what would happen if all tissues but blood are given a boiling point. Will have to test that when I get things going.
I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

Funslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: November 30, 2012, 09:25:00 pm »

adventure_tier is not working i tried putting the custom civ above and below the dwarves and adventure_tier does nothing, sometimes it even removes playability for other races and puts a new adventure_tier tag set to like 1 in the human civ or something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »

adventure_tier is not working i tried putting the custom civ above and below the dwarves and adventure_tier does nothing, sometimes it even removes playability for other races and puts a new adventure_tier tag set to like 1 in the human civ or something.

huh

No, it does something. It changes their placement in the adventurer mode race list.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: December 01, 2012, 02:47:39 am »

I recently made a creature.  A hivable colony of spiders, to collect the webs they leave around their hives.  I've gotten them to work a couple times, but now I can't get them to appear when I start a new game.

I can purchase their silk for embark.  But when I embark I can see some webs on the ground, but no colonies.  They just don't show up at all, so I can't put any in a hive.

What did I do wrong here?  errorlog.txt shows nothing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:49:20 am by Drawde »

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: December 01, 2012, 01:49:44 pm »

I think I found it.  It looks like it was FREQUENCY that messed it up.

I'm not 100% certain, but when I changed it back to 100 I started finding colonies of them again.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:08 pm »

Hey, got a few questions.

Firstly, how do I get my secrets and vampires to override/replace the default vanilla ones? Basically, I'm trying to replace vanilla necromancers with ones that have some spells that take advantage of all the horrific potential of syndromes and other interactions as well as making a few changes to vampires, giving them the ability to turn into a wolf or giant bat. I'm fine making the actual new interactions that these will use and/or adding other interactions that already exist like breathing dragonfire to the secret. I can get my custom secret to show up in game if I make it a curse and set the right worldgen parameters (secrets:100,vamps:100, weres, titans etc o for quick testing) but nobody writes it down. I can't get it to replace the default "secrets of life and death". Also, if I set it up as just a secret (i.e. just [I_SOURCE:SECRET], no [I_SOURCE:DEITY] or [I_SOURCE:INGESTION]) then it never shows up.

For testing while I was trying to get this to show up I removed all the names but "Ruin" from the secret_death.txt and named the custom secret "the secrets of the universe" with the word "Power" as the only name in secret_power.txt, for quick filter on string in legends. And I've got [IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_power.txt], so it should recognize it. Here's the secret:

I've got it in objects in interactions_secrets.txt with the Raise interaction defined in interactions_magic.txt, the only difference from vanilla raise being it lacks [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING].

Similarly, I've copied interaction_vampire.txt into objects and made a few changes (removed NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN, changed all spellings to vampyre/s to check if it's showing up). But on when I gen worlds, on vampires show up. 

So basically my questions are how do I replace the vanilla secrets of life and death and vanilla vampires with my own? Where are the actual vanilla secret/vampire curses located? I know it's not in interaction examples.

Finally, will adding something like

to the vampire interaction work? Thanks in advance.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: December 01, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »

You have to generate a world using advanced worldgen and in the parameters set number of vampire curse types to "none", thus only allowing custom vampire curses to show up. This also applies to the other curse types nearby.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: December 01, 2012, 05:59:33 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction that takes as input an item made from one specific material, and outputs an item made of a different specific material (which depends on the input material)?

In particular, I would like to make all bolts have the same density.  I was thinking to remove the [ITEM_AMMO] tag from all normal metals, and then create new metals with density=600 (equal to wood) that have the [ITEM_AMMO] tag.  Bolts made of these materials would have more realistic masses (90 g instead of >1 kg).  Furthermore, arena testing has shown that bolts with higher density penetrate armor significantly better than lower density bolts, meaning that (if you mod bolt velocities to be low enough that armor actually has a chance of stopping bolts) silver bolts will penetrate steel/adamantine armor much more often than steel or adamantine bolts.

Anyway, I think (although I haven't yet verified) that just creating metals with the appropriate densities and tags will cause bolts with uniform low density to show up in adventure mode.  However, for things to work right in dwarf mode I'd need a reaction which creates, for example, low density copper bolts from normal copper bars.  I'd also need to make sure that the low density copper doesn't show up as a mineral which can be mined, but rather only can be created when making bolts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: December 01, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

It would be simple to make things take a specific material and output one too, actually.

E.X.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DOSTUFF]
[NAME:Make steel dagger into iron longsword]
Workshop stuff, blah blah blah.
[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_LONGSWORD:INORGANIC:IRON]
[SKILL:---]

Note that that is just an example.
It won't work without all the workshop and skill stuff in it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

He wanted one that has a different specific material depending on the specific material in.

Thankfully, the answer to that is yes. I did it for SCP-914 in my SCP mod. You have to add a material reaction product to every single material you want usable in the reaction.

In your case, something like this under silver:

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOLT_MAT:BOLT_SILVER]

And have this after the reagent of the reaction:

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOLT_MAT]

And have this as the material for the product:

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:reagent:BOLT_MAT

Funslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:39 pm »

making a swarm-minded creature, would it be possible to make a natural ability in the x menu on adv mode to spawn more swarm creatures? and if so could someone show me how to put it in the raws?
EDIT: WAIT NO better idea, how would i make a syndrome transmitted by biting to turn any creature into another swarm thing that will always join me?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:04:03 pm by Funslayer »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:18 am »

Is there a way I can edit the reaction_other raw so I can get free soap? I tried removing the reagents, but the product uses the reagent's material.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: December 02, 2012, 02:28:20 am »

Set the product material to CREATURE_MAT:ELF:SOAP.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:21 am »

I'm guessing that makes it out of elf tallow..?
I can work with that.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 544