Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999496 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3960 on: February 04, 2013, 06:28:03 pm »

[BABYSNATCHER]
I see.  Will they send sieges only with the following RAWS, or will I also see early snatchers/ambushes?

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:3]
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: February 04, 2013, 06:32:48 pm »

Goblins have "red line" because they are [BABYSNATCHER].  All [BABYSNATCHER] civs will be red line hostile with all non-babysnatchers and vice versa.

Some entities seem to be hostile because their creatures lack [CAN_SPEAK].  Keeping in mind that [INTELLIGENT] also implies CAN_SPEAK.  It seems entities without CAN_SPEAK will be red line hostile always to both non-babysnatcher and babysnatcher forts.

Other than that, you have to play with entity ETHICS to produce -WAR-, not red line, which is not so reliable.  i.e. even if civs hate each other they won't war constantly.

sorta-edit after seeing your follow up question

They'll send babysnatchers.  Other types of behavior are controlled by AMBUSHER, SIEGER, and SKULKING tags.  Lack of all gives normal berzerker goblin style assaults at closest open doors, with timing determined by progress triggers

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: February 04, 2013, 06:33:41 pm »

Doing some experimentation with crafting in adventure mode... I've successfully transmuted one item type into another, but weapons are a little harder... This has been my first game-crashing experiment. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, any insight?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:FLETCHINGAVE]
[NAME:Fletch 10 arrows]
[REGEANT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE][FORCE_EDGE]
[SKILL:BOWYER]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

The recipe, viewed in game, states that it requires no items, so it isn't asking for metal bars. Do I have to define them one at a time for each metal type?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: February 04, 2013, 06:38:39 pm »

You spelled REAGENT wrong.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: February 04, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »

You're missing an "AMMO" token

[PRODUCT:100:10:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: February 04, 2013, 06:45:27 pm »

You spelled REAGENT wrong.

*facepalm*

You know what's strange though?

[REACTION:CHEATINBAR]
[NAME:Cheat bar into existence]
[REGEANT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:8:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BRONZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

This works! I'm guessing it's because it doesn't actually require anything or inherit anything from the line of code that is essentially defunct. Would this function WITHOUT the "regeant" (*laughing at self*) line?

After I corrected the typo, it correctly identified the requirement; however, it says 150 required (and this gives bars with a value of 150 as you can see), and after selecting 1 bar it says '0 remaining' (of the requirement) and does not create the item. Instead I have the option to cancel or select another bar - if I select another bar, it crashes.

Gonna experiment with requiring a tool for a second reAgent.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: February 04, 2013, 06:48:13 pm »

Yes, but it would have worked differently if you had spelled it properly: it would have required one of anything, not none of anything.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: February 04, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »

Yes, but it would have worked differently if you had spelled it properly: it would have required one of anything, not none of anything.

Yep, I see this now. I gave up my dagger to create the bars, and with the spelling correction and the addition of AMMO to the product line, it now eats 2 bars and produces 20 arrows.

Not quite what I'm looking for, so I'll need to add in a tool for a second step as I suspected, I think.

EDIT: Okay, if I have a tool for the second step it DOES call for that, DOES NOT consume the second bar, but I DO have to select a second bar and it will not work unless I have 2 bars. Increasing the value of the bars my little 'cheat into existence' reaction makes does not influence this (151 = "-1 left [consumed]". Decreasing their value to 75 (leaving 0 left after 2) requires I select a third bar.

Is this simply a problem with bars?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:01:56 pm by Avelon »

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: February 04, 2013, 07:03:12 pm »

im having problems with a set of reactions. i tried posting this earlier but it didnt work. all i know is the workshop i modded in is fine, but these reactions seam broken
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
any help would be great, thanks
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: February 04, 2013, 07:04:52 pm »

im having problems with a set of reactions. i tried posting this earlier but it didnt work. all i know is the workshop i modded in is fine, but these reactions seam broken
any help would be great, thanks

Describe what is wrong with it. Is it not showing up? Not using reagents?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »

Reagents look like this
[REAGENT:<name>:<quantity>:<item token>:<material token>]

Your reagents are missing <name> and <quantity> tokens.  (so it is parsing the stuff you do have there in a way that doesn't make any sense.)

Here are some working vendor reactions

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »

sorry, it pops up in the workshop, but when i tell someone to do it, they walk over, then go back to the meeting room. another question i have, if i say COIN as reagent, will it use a entire stack?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:34 pm »

They will bring a whole stack. 

Unless you include the tag [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT], if the stack is a multiple of the reagent <quantity> you will get proportionally more product too. 

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: February 04, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »

sorry, it pops up in the workshop, but when i tell someone to do it, they walk over, then go back to the meeting room. another question i have, if i say COIN as reagent, will it use a entire stack?

That means that both the REAGENT and PRODUCT are off. The guy above you just covered the REAGENT, and no, you have to put a number down (I think typical stacks are 500, but I don't make coins much myself).

I see what is wrong with this too, you have

[PRODUCT:95:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_RIFLE:IRON]
You are missing the end, it should be more like

[PRODUCT:100:10:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_TAZER:INORGANIC:TAZER]
Put INORGANIC before the IRON. And the way you have it, it will only make a gun 95% of the time.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: February 04, 2013, 07:25:41 pm »

So, are there any easy ways to have a particular species of megabeast survive world gen more reliably?  Can you just up the size to funny levels?  What do worldgen combats even consider?

I don't want them to dominate in turn, however.  If I can do this by just turning down the titan number in advanced worldgen or something, that works too.
What else is in your modded world? In vanilla, megabeasts seem to remain undefeated for long periods of time, though sometimes people get lucky. If you added guns or any offensive interactions it may have tipped the balance.

It's actually a modified version of the old My Little Fortress mod, so there are a lot of changes.  I added in this new megabeast, but while a fair number of them are spawned during worldgen they seem to get killed off by year 100 pretty consistently.  Titans seem to do fairly well.  Broze colossi and rocs sometimes have 1 or 2 survive worldgen.  Dragons seem to be the only thing that survive consistently, with 5 or more by year 250 or so.

I set the size of this megabeast to 2,000,000, gave them vampire like impact damage resistance of 25% and a fair few natural weapons, but they still seem to die off pretty quickly.

Well there's your problem, they're tiny compared to other megabeasts! For reference, 5,000,000 is the size of an average elephant, and a dragon grows to be up to 25,000,00. Rocs and Colossi weigh in at 20,000,000. Yours is about the size of a great white shark, which, while larger than a man, puts it about roughly equal to one in world-gen fights.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 544