Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999531 times)

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4215 on: February 22, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

Yes I have a training area, it's where my kennels set. When I go into the animal menu with z and hit t to select a trainer after doing so it goes from Critter Name, stray creature (tame) to Creature Name, stray.
----
Should I add the fanciful tag back on? Or switch the pet to pet exotic? I'm running out of ideas to try.

So you have a Kennel
You designated a zone for "Animal Training (t)"
do you have said creatures pastured, caged in that zone?

Ended up quitting and restarting when I got up today. Now it works fine, the trainer I assigned has started doing their job and seems to be using plants from the stockpile. Not really sure what to think but ain't gonna argue.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Yes I have a training area, it's where my kennels set. When I go into the animal menu with z and hit t to select a trainer after doing so it goes from Critter Name, stray creature (tame) to Creature Name, stray.
----
Should I add the fanciful tag back on? Or switch the pet to pet exotic? I'm running out of ideas to try.

So you have a Kennel

Ended up quitting and restarting when I got up today. Now it works fine, the trainer I assigned has started doing their job and seems to be using plants from the stockpile. Not really sure what to think but ain't gonna argue.

So you didn't reset? You have to shutdown the game and start again for the changes to take place. That was your problem.

is there any way to use a variable reagent quantity on multiple reagents like in cooking?

edit: I mean like 8 reagent A + 4 B makes 12 product and 7 A + 43 B makes 50 product

No, but you can make different reactions for each product and end.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »

----

So you have a Kennel

So you didn't reset? You have to shutdown the game and start again for the changes to take place. That was your problem.

No, I originally made the changes before starting the game up. However, after getting frustrated I killed it with DFHack die and then when I got up today started it again. This time it worked correctly and the person assigned to the task is doing their job and using plants from the stockpile I have in my nearby farm. So yeah not entirely sure what was going on but it's fine now.
-----------
Okay it's tamed now so I switched the training area into a pasture as well and tried to assign the critter to it but when I do no one comes to remove it from the cage. When I go back into the pasture menu it has the green grassy symbol off to the left but the right is cleared instead of having the green cage symbol. Any ideas?
------------
Also, it's in an animal stockpile. Do I need to build the cage with the build command before it can be released into a pasture?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:24:46 pm by zlurker »

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: February 22, 2013, 07:14:10 pm »

how do i add claws to animals? im trying to add velociraptors to my private mod, but im having trouble with bodyparts. can anyone help?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: February 22, 2013, 07:30:21 pm »

I made raptors recently, started with eagles as a base and went from there. Look at their raws. Make sure to change the RELSIZE of the toe claws.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »

ok, i was thinking of more JP raptors but the bird ones would be ok. thanks!
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »

You can just remove the feathers and paste in scales if you want JP ones. I just recommend starting with a bird because they're already bipeds with claws on their feet. Just remove the wings and beak, add arms.

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:25 am »

How can I add additional material to cover my creature, making fake clothes (meat -> fat -> skin -> hair -> custom material)? Thanks!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4223 on: February 23, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

How can I add additional material to cover my creature, making fake clothes (meat -> fat -> skin -> hair -> custom material)? Thanks!

You mean by tissues? or Body Parts?

Spoiler: Body Method (click to show/hide)
^^^Taken from my Litches^^^

Spoiler: Tissue (click to show/hide)
^^^For the tissue method, it's best to setup TISSUE_TEMPLATES then make a body detail plan that covers the bodyparts with the sepical tissues

SHIRT tissue
Upper Sleave Tissue
Boots Tissue
Lower Sleave Tissue
etc.

EDIT:
With the body part method you get some weird combat messages I believe, this code is old and Will probably modify it to be a hybrid of body/tissue method.
I choose the Body method because to me it was easier to not only name, but to assign the cloth tissue to it, just layer the ROBE category of body parts.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:59:36 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: February 23, 2013, 07:11:16 pm »

is there any way to use a variable reagent quantity on multiple reagents like in cooking?

edit: I mean like 8 reagent A + 4 B makes 12 product and 7 A + 43 B makes 50 product
Not really. You can make it so that a single reagent determines the amount with the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] token, (so you could require 1 A and 1 B to make 1 C, but if you use a stack of 20 B then you would get 20 C) but other then that the answer is no.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14:38 pm »

I tamed a critter that has the EQUIP tag in its raws so I have to wonder if there is any way I can get it to wield weapons and/or armor now that it's been trained?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:16 am »

Not really. You might be able to do something with DFHack, but nothing is possible through modding.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: February 24, 2013, 03:02:47 am »

What exactly would I use on it to accomplish such a thing?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: February 24, 2013, 03:04:34 am »

Change to adventure mode, controlling the creature in question, pick up whatever equipment, swap back to fort mode.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: February 24, 2013, 03:12:05 am »

Change to adventure mode, controlling the creature in question, pick up whatever equipment, swap back to fort mode.

You could probably change the equipment directly somehow, too.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 544