Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002458 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4410 on: March 10, 2013, 03:37:47 pm »

Well yeah. I am still not entirely clear of what he wants.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: March 10, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »

Okay, I wanted to mod http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ that games hundead/humanity system into Dwarf Fortress somehow.

My plan was that everyone would start as an undead human. And when they died they'd transform into an Undead Skeleton. And then they'd have to go to a campfire structure and use a droppable [SOUL] item to transmute themself back into the original [UNDEAD HUMAN] race.

So basically I just wanted to know if I could make a race that when it died transformed into another race (one time). instead of becoming a corpse.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:19 pm »

Okay, I wanted to mod http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ that games hundead/humanity system into Dwarf Fortress somehow.

My plan was that everyone would start as an undead human. And when they died they'd transform into an Undead Skeleton. And then they'd have to go to a campfire structure and use a droppable [SOUL] item to transmute themself back into the original [UNDEAD HUMAN] race.

So basically I just wanted to know if I could make a race that when it died transformed into another race (one time). instead of becoming a corpse.

Not without a huge walkaround. It...Might be possible though....Let me think for a second.

You could make the "human undead" have a syndrome in their blood, or brain, so that when hit with a "Fatal" shot, instead of dying, it covers the creature with the blood. The blood could then have a syndrome that turns undead into skeletons. The skeletons could have a boiling body part called the "soul" so it flies off when they transform. It can then be collected and thrown in a fire to explode, releasing a syndrome that...Turns you back into an undead?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: March 10, 2013, 04:27:45 pm »

Probably not :V

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: March 10, 2013, 05:01:58 pm »

I think it would make sense for the wood furnace. "Make charcoal from furniture" or, if that's too unspecific, "make charcoal from wooden bed". However I could not find the wood furnace in the RAWs, hence my question if it's hardcoded. I found the "reaction_smelter.txt" and "reaction_other.txt", but they only cover some few buildings.

Wood furnace? Off the top of my head I don't think so. I could put it in the smelter, if you want.

Sure, if you could show me how to use a smelter to make charcoal from furniture that would be great. I searched around in the RAWs and did not find any example to go by. None of the "real" furniture objects (beds, chests, cabinets) is defined there so I have no idea how to specify them as input reagent for the reaction.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: March 10, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: March 10, 2013, 05:33:18 pm »

The wiki is always your friend.

Heh. I should have figured. I had checked the wiki entries for beds and other furniture items but they didn't help much. Now after reading the articles about item and material tokens and reactions I feel way less lost. Thanks a lot!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: March 10, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »

I'm trying to work out how to create a new reaction to press juice from any plant that I give a certain token to. This juice would then be used for cooking. I'm a bit stuck though. Here's what I've got so far:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PRESS_JUICE]
[NAME:press juice from plant]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:JUICE_LIQUID_MAT]
[NOT_PRESSED]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:juice:JUICE_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:NONE:SEED]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

I think that bits all right (apart from me needing to add a seed)... What would I have to add to the section below to get it to start producing blackberry juice which could be used for cooking?

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:BLACKBERRY]
[NAME:blackberry][NAME_PLURAL:blackberries][ADJ:blackberry]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:58][PICKED_COLOR:0:0:1]
[DRY][BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[GROWDUR:600][VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen blackberry wine]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:blackberry wine]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling blackberry wine]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen blackberry jam]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:blackberry jam]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling blackberry jam]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:blackberry seed:blackberry seeds:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:precise thorns]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:23:24 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4418 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:59 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:5:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:juice:JUICE_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]

JUICE_LIQUID_MAT should be EXTRACT, and you simply give the plant a second extract with the REACTION_CLASS:JUICE. Then add a REACTION_CLASS:JUICE to the reagent. Or you could make a new template as well, a new PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE if you want, name it juice template... needs the [LIQUID_MISC_PLANT] tag.

It would still stay an extract, you cant make new liquids. Dwarves wont drink it... you can use it to cook though. A bread-bacon-egg-orangejuice meal. ;)

Question: Can a non-alcoholic drinks even be done? I know dwarves dont drink water from barrels, and I have never seen them drink milk... I think I will do a test with fake-juice-milk in barrels, without the alcohol tag, and see what happens.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: March 10, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »

Not without a huge walkaround. It...Might be possible though....Let me think for a second.

You could make the "human undead" have a syndrome in their blood, or brain, so that when hit with a "Fatal" shot, instead of dying, it covers the creature with the blood. The blood could then have a syndrome that turns undead into skeletons. The skeletons could have a boiling body part called the "soul" so it flies off when they transform. It can then be collected and thrown in a fire to explode, releasing a syndrome that...Turns you back into an undead?

more simplier than add, soul items are added to EVERY creature. I guess I'll do that manually.

So the syndrome thing, how would this look like? Just create the syndrome with a [UNDEAD] qualifier? and a [CUSTOM RACE NAME] tag so it only happens with my special human undead race?

and how would I stop them from dying? on death it would instantly transform?

Anyway, the soul item is something they must get from killing other non undead races. And then ressurect themselves at a special building with a interaction to gain back their undead race form.. Is the idea...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: March 10, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »

JUICE_LIQUID_MAT should be EXTRACT, and you simply give the plant a second extract with the REACTION_CLASS:JUICE. Then add a REACTION_CLASS:JUICE to the reagent. Or you could make a new template as well, a new PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE if you want, name it juice template... needs the [LIQUID_MISC_PLANT] tag.

It would still stay an extract, you cant make new liquids. Dwarves wont drink it... you can use it to cook though. A bread-bacon-egg-orangejuice meal. ;)

Question: Can a non-alcoholic drinks even be done? I know dwarves dont drink water from barrels, and I have never seen them drink milk... I think I will do a test with fake-juice-milk in barrels, without the alcohol tag, and see what happens.

I just want it to be a non-alcoholic juice used for cooking.

Your explanation is a little confusing... I don't understand where you want me to put all the tokens? Can you break it down for me step-by-step and make clear references to which .txt files they need to go in?

I already have an extract for jam. If I make another extract in the plants .txt file it will overwrite my jam one.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:43:01 pm by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: March 10, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »

more simplier than add, soul items are added to EVERY creature. I guess I'll do that manually.

So the syndrome thing, how would this look like? Just create the syndrome with a [UNDEAD] qualifier? and a [CUSTOM RACE NAME] tag so it only happens with my special human undead race?

Anyway, the soul item is something they must get from killing other non undead races. And then ressurect themselves at a special building with a interaction to gain back their undead race form.. Is the idea...

You cannot have an on-death trigger. Buildings cannot have interactions.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: March 10, 2013, 08:51:25 pm »

It is simpler then it sounds, the soal thing, it would be something that could be done in the body tag, mostly.

The syndrome would have to effect only the species you want to use, which can be easily done by SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE.

The other part would be *kind* of problematic. If you don't give them a brain, the only way you can kill them is by cutting them in half. Think of them like a mummy. On "Death", that is, when they start bleeding vitals everywhere, the blood will get on them. When the blood gets on them, they will transform. It won't be instant, but it will probably work.

If that is what you want, then you would want the "soul" item to be an additional drop, not a body part, so it gets dropped when you kill a creature. Then you can go to a workshop and use the reaction, you can use it to release a boiling stone that gives the new reaction, that turns them back by removing the transformation.

That does have a lot of glitches (it might not work in the rain, for example), but it will probably be the closest thing you can get to what I think you want.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:17 pm »

Can anyone help me with the jam/juice situation?

I'm really lost.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: March 10, 2013, 10:03:34 pm »

You cannot have an on-death trigger. Buildings cannot have interactions.

I mean the boiling rock trick that turns into a vapor, isn't that called an interaction?
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 544