Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 992441 times)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4890 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:03 am »

I searched and only found some tangential answers, so:

1. Is there a way to make a creature drop an item both on death and on butchering? Creatures with ITEMCORPSE drop on death, but seem to drop nothing when butchered.

2. And can I change the way butchery works so that I only get the 'extra butcher object'?
e.g.
I have a tree giant with
  [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TOKEN:HEART]
    [EBO_ITEM:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BIRCH:WOOD]
which drops the extra log on butchering (as long as it doesn't have an ITEMCORPSE), but it also drops huge stacks of wood (~400), even though it has NOBONES, NOMEAT, NOSKIN, NOSKULL. Also, NOT_BUTCHERABLE doesn't seem to do anything at all, but the entity I'm using thinks it's okay to butcher sentients, so that might be interfering.

Any suggestions/advice welcome

1.  I believe the only way to obtain items from a creature on death is with ITEMCORPSE, which as you say, precludes the ability to butcher any remains.

There may be way to do what you want using a syndrome hoop, but I'm not well versed enough to put that together.  Maybe one of the other more experienced syndrome modders can think of a way to have a dead creature resurrect, split, transform, and die again, leaving you two different corpses (if that is possible).

2.  Does the material used for the tree giant tissues have the token [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:WOOD:NONE]?  If, for example, your tree giant uses the WOOD_TEMPLATE in the creature mat for its tissues, and your game has been modded by things like Modest Mod or Accelerated Modest Mod, then the BUTCHER_SPECIAL token will be there.  Something to check at least.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: April 24, 2013, 11:42:14 am »

Anyone ever added the PET tag to goblins/invaders, to see if they can be tamed after being caught in a cage trap? I assume its not possible because of the civ-alignement, but asking doesnt hurt.

@new guy: Do you mean resurrecting a corpse to make a normal, living being... Or "curing" an undead to make a normal, living being? First one works, second one I dont know.

Resurrecting a recently animated, but collapsed corpse to make a normal being.

Animate seems to have some hidden flags concerning how it's handled, namely that it's HP based and there's a slight reduction in speed by default.

And I don't think the goblin thing works either because of the aforementioned civ-alignment. I'm not sure if you could tame dragons now if they were enemies to your civ in this version.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:44:00 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: April 24, 2013, 11:47:33 am »

Anyone ever added the PET tag to goblins/invaders, to see if they can be tamed after being caught in a cage trap? I assume its not possible because of the civ-alignement, but asking doesnt hurt.

I dont know if any of the "intelligent" tags would affect it (very much doubt it, actually), but invaders per se can be tamed (Or rather, i did so previously with some of their mounts in this version). They still hold on to their alignment and will attack you if you free them, but they also do not gain any trap-immunity like mentionend on the wiki. Their offspring thou, will be "normal" pets of your fort - with varying degrees of wildness obviously. The parents will attack their young, so freeing them for spore-breeding and recaging was what i did.

Oh my.. taming and breeding another civ in your own fort - that line of thought opens quite the possibilities.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4893 on: April 24, 2013, 11:49:56 am »

new guy, I think it would be easiest of you test this. I dont think anyone has done it yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: April 24, 2013, 11:58:55 am »

Hmm, I might be able to try doing that, but first, is it possible to add the pet tag mid-save?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4895 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:02 pm »

I dont think so, since it handles alignement between creatures, like ownership.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: April 24, 2013, 01:04:19 pm »

Guess I'll have to gen a new world, then.

I'll first try it with Cave pops, and then civvies. Might report in a day or so.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: April 24, 2013, 02:16:26 pm »

I'm checking out modest bodies.  It's throwing an error
"Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HUMANOID_JOINTS"

it looks like he just forgot to paste a section into :Humanoid_Joints from the original body_default.txt file.

However, does anyone know (I tried looking at it) if there was more info that he may have put into it?  I didn't see another joints example to copy from within the file other than where he defined joints in other body parts.

here's the link to my question on the modest bodies thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116332.msg4199874#msg4199874
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:53:33 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: April 24, 2013, 02:35:51 pm »

I dont think so, since it handles alignement between creatures, like ownership.

This is wrong. You can add the PET token.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4899 on: April 24, 2013, 02:39:43 pm »

Really? What happens to the owner of a pet if the pet tag is removed... does he become unhappy? Does he forget that he ever had a pet?

Sorry for the misinformation then, I rarely mod already genned worlds.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: April 24, 2013, 02:43:23 pm »

He still has a pet. Removing the pet tag will keep existing ones, but disallow taming of later ones.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: April 24, 2013, 03:11:10 pm »

I would like to be able to make potash (fertiliser), using blood or bone items. Maybe even meat products too.

Is this possible? and if so, how?

E.g.
Custom reaction, takes a stack of bones, turns it into a bar of potash. Or takes one of those barrels of blood merchants bring, turns that into potash.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4902 on: April 24, 2013, 04:00:50 pm »

I'm trying to create a Silence Spell to stop spell casters from well, casting. But this setup is not working as planned.
Spoiler: Spell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells on Creature (click to show/hide)

All creatures have a special functional muscle tissue for the Tongue bodypart so that the impare function works (tested it) but everyone still casts their combat spells when under the silence spell.

So either I have to manually cut out tongues to stop mages or does anyone know a good way to "stop" or "hinder" interaction usage?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: April 24, 2013, 06:25:22 pm »

weird problem, I'm getting pig tail fiber chain coif's

here's my coif
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here's my thread template
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I commented out items_hard from wool/hair and it seemed to prevent those types of items (I believe), but I'm still getting some weird armor combo's where I shouldn't be getting armor from.  In this case the coif.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4904 on: April 24, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »

give it an armor level
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 544