Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002324 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5040 on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:36 am »

That seems like a dead end to me, yeah. If a civ can butcher a creature and the creature has been defined to have blood by the [BLOOD:material parent token:material name:matter state] token, it comes up no matter what it is. I made horses bleed INORGANIC:GOLD:SOLID and sure enough molten gold was right there in the embark menu.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:39 am »

Best way to deal with the blood thing is to make blood alcohol, although really, blood barrels are kind of annoying and useless.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5042 on: May 08, 2013, 01:40:25 am »

You can take it away from them in the entity file. [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] should, among others, control all creature extracts, which is blood as well. Of course they wont trade any other animal product, like leather then...

Otherwise I couldnt found a way around it. I personally just made it useful by allowing blood-wine and sacrificing blood on an altar
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:12 am »

If I change the fort pop max in game can I increase the allowed limit of my current fort?

And, Is there a table of exactly how big a priority a job is, and how much experience affects the priority?

EDIT:
derp, Wiki, my friend.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:38:25 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 09, 2013, 05:42:25 am »

You can edit your settings to any maximum pop in game. This does not relate to the population settings from the raws.

Job priorities is sadly a bit random as dwarves tend to pick the first job it come to them. You can affect it slightly with your squad, ie sending a squad near a wounded they will sometimes drag him back. Sometimes.

I have a question myself. I made this reaction :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The job is functional but I have two issues : First the blood is shown as 'liquid' in the reagent list ingame despite the barrel being properly marked as 'blood barrel'. Then a worker once used a barrel of lye instead. A second time after I was out of lye (soap made on repeat), blood was properly used.
The job was only available after I bought blood from the merchants, but I am afraid the worker will swap the blood with any liquid. Anyone made a blood reaction without editing the vanilla raws?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:34 pm »

How to circumvent the bone stack bug:

Make your creature's bone material turn into globs on butchering! ( [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:GLOB:NONE] )

Sure, you won't be able to use the standard bone-crafting reactions, but you will be able to do all kinds of custom stuff instead - without whole dragon skeletons being used up to decorate one bed with hanging rings of dragon bone.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5046 on: May 09, 2013, 12:04:11 pm »

How to circumvent the bone stack bug:

Make your creature's bone material turn into globs on butchering! ( [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:GLOB:NONE] )

Sure, you won't be able to use the standard bone-crafting reactions, but you will be able to do all kinds of custom stuff instead - without whole dragon skeletons being used up to decorate one bed with hanging rings of dragon bone.
Wont work... yes, the custom reaction can use them, but like you said, all vanilla reactions would fail. This itself is not a major problem, since you can recreate them with custom reactions, but you moody-dwarves will go insane whenever they need bones for a mood.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 09, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »

Alright, I've tracked some code down that was crashing my game when I tried to begin world gen.  Trouble is, I don't know what is wrong with it.  I need some help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 09, 2013, 05:28:39 pm »

what's in your errorlog?
DRACOLICH is a valid creature?
DEFAULT is a valid caste?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:33:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 09, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

what's in your errorlog?
DRACOLICH is a valid creature?
DEFAULT is a valid caste?

That's just it, this:
Code: [Select]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:DRACOLICH:DEFAULT]
works in a different interaction, and the Dracolich is a creature.  I don't get any errorlog, but when this is in, the game crashes when I try to enter 'Design New World with Advanced Parameters,' the arena mode, or 'Create a World,' but when it isn't in, the game works just fine.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:25 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with that. Perhaps, it has something to do on your creature instead?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 09, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »

You can take it away from them in the entity file. [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] should, among others, control all creature extracts, which is blood as well. Of course they wont trade any other animal product, like leather then...

Otherwise I couldnt found a way around it. I personally just made it useful by allowing blood-wine and sacrificing blood on an altar

I would prefer a solution that allows caravans to bring milk, leather, and meat, but not blood. You will very rarely see milk as a brought extract, because it accounts for only 2% (or something) of the possible extracts that can be brought.

Quietust points out here that DFHack can change what caravans bring: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115625.msg3568624#msg3568624
We know that civs have a list of items/animals that they can bring, which is created at the end of worldgen based on the land that they occupy and other civ tokens. It should be feasible to drop blood barrels (and perhaps the "liquid" barrels) from the list.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 10, 2013, 08:28:12 am »

I don't see anything wrong with that. Perhaps, it has something to do on your creature instead?

Probably this.

Is it a megabeast?  I had an enormous amount of trouble adding a megabeast, which caused the game to crash randomly but early in world gen.  The problem was me leaving the LAIR tags out of the creature.  I can't find any evidence that this is a mandatory tag, and maybe it was blind luck it genned the time I added that, but that fixed it for me anyway.

Try posting the creature raws?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 10, 2013, 08:43:19 am »

population, ubiquitous, biomes, subzones, and population depletion.

Populations are stored on a per-subzone basis, and each subzone is equivalent to a single biome, right?  If you straddle two biomes, you're getting two subzones, and thus each zone has its own population of creatures.

Ubiquitous means creature will appear in EVERY zone for which it can appear.  Logically, since giant desert scorpions have [POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10], that means in a savage desert (not straddling two biomes), I will either get 0 or I will get at least 5.  But at most I can kill capture 10 and then they're extinct?

These numbers seem absurdly low.  Is my understanding of how these things work correct?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:43 am »

I'm not really sure about the sub-zones or ubiquitous tags, but I think you've got it right.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 544