Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002125 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5505 on: July 20, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »

Okay. Here we go:

Items are in this format:

ITEM:ITEM_SUBTYPE:MATERIAL:MATERIAL_SUBTYPE

Therefore, you're putting your items where the materials go. I've given you the links, which should help. Mechanisms and querns don't have subtypes, yes. Make sure your file is correctly labeled (file name at top, [OBJECT:REACTION] below that). Also, you can't add reactions to the mechanics workshop or the carpenter's, only the ones listed here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5506 on: July 20, 2013, 08:09:04 pm »

Rixie: Here the correct form:

Code: [Select]

[REACTION:KOBOLD_MECHANISMS_WOOD]
[NAME:craft wooden mechanisms]
[BUILDING:WOODCARVER:CUSTOM_M]
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

[REACTION:KOBOLD_CRAFT_WOOD_MILLSTONE]
[NAME:craft wooden millstone]
[BUILDING:WOODCARVER:CUSTOM_I]
[PRODUCT:100:1:MILLSTONE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

[REACTION:KOBOLD_CRAFT_WOOD_QUERN]
[NAME:craft wooden quern]
[BUILDING:WOODCARVER:CUSTOM_Q]
[PRODUCT:100:1:QUERN:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Putnam: Because I want the target verbs and verbs so that people have a feedback about who is cold. I want the creature itself to do this. Probably not really important, but its besides the point. The interaction works, its just that it doesnt show up naturally on glaciers. Thats my problem.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rixie_Pakuna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 20, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »

Thank you so much!  I tried fixing them on my own and they didn't work (again), so I'm very glad you posted these. :)
Edit: Oh. Except I think the woodcarver building must be a custom building... I have never seen that. I'm going to try to change it to one of the other buildings and hopefully it works...  I'm uneasy about what Putnam said with [BUILDING:CARPENTER] not being able to have reactions added... if it doesn't work I suppose I can just try diff buildings until it does work.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:59:07 pm by Rixie_Pakuna »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: July 20, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »

Quote from: DF Wiki
Valid buildings are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, and any custom buildings (SOAP_MAKER, SCREW_PRESS, and anything you've added).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5509 on: July 20, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »

Still open:

I wrote a couple of regional weather interactions, but somehow they dont show up ingame. I wanted special weather on glaciers... so here is what I wrote. Anyone got any idea why it never shows ingame? I tested 3 different worlds, embarked on glaciers, and only got normal rain.

Regional interaction that should affect everything, similar to the animation of undeads in evil biomes:
[INTERACTION:GALCIER_FREEZE_GENERAL1]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:GLACIER]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_REGION]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:coldness]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:FUR]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:GLACIER]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:END:100]
[CDI:INTERACTION:GLACIER_FREEZE_6_SELF]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:freeze in the cold weather]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:VERB:are hit by cold rain and snow:is feeling chilly without the protection of thick fur:NA]
             [CDI:TARGET_VERB:are slowing down and trying to protect your eyes:slows down a bit and tries to conserve bodyheat]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1000]

cold rain that should only affect creatures that come in contact with it on the surface, similar to evil blood/smudge/filth raining in evil biomes:
[INTERACTION:GLACIER_FREEZE_1_RAIN]
      [IS_REGION:NORMAL_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:EVIL_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:GOOD_ALLOWED]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:GLACIER_FREEZE_1:WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]

And a freezing fog, similar to husking/evil clouds/fogs:
[INTERACTION:GLACIER_FREEZE_4_GAS]
      [IS_REGION:NORMAL_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:EVIL_ALLOWED]
      [IS_REGION:GOOD_ALLOWED]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:GLACIER_FREEZE_4:WEATHER_CREEPING_GAS]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]

And the self-targeting interaction that the region should give, from the first example:
[INTERACTION:GLACIER_FREEZE_6_SELF]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:GLACIER]
      [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:FUR]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:GLACIER]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:90:START:0:END:1000]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:25:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:25:END:1000]

Any worldgen settings I overlooked? Number of procedually generated regional interactions drown out the custom ones? Do I have to set evil_rains:0 and so forth, even if the glacier is not in an evil biome?

Background info: I gave all ice-creatures the creature_class:glacier and added syn_class:fur, using itemsyndrome, to the fur-material I made. Dwarves will now feel cold and discomfort from being on glaciers, but can wear fur-items to become immune to it. That is the theory, but the regional interactions never show up, so I cant test it. Any help is appreciated.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DaiVrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 22, 2013, 09:28:03 am »

I'd like to make a custom shear reaction to handle the shearing of a custom pet.

The vanilla shear reaction in the farmer's workshop works, but I want to make my shearing automatic (the closest way I can think of to simulate shedding).

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

I'd like to make a custom shear reaction to handle the shearing of a custom pet.

The vanilla shear reaction in the farmer's workshop works, but I want to make my shearing automatic (the closest way I can think of to simulate shedding).

Automatic shearing isn't possible, but you can use nest boxes and [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:] to make your pet "shear" itself.

EDIT: By the way Meph, I tested your interactions and they work perfectly. I have no idea why they wouldn't show up in your worlds.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:16:52 am by MagmaMcFry »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 22, 2013, 11:58:01 am »

does typo mean anything?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: July 22, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »

does typo mean anything?
Not as long as the name is unique and the interaction is not referenced anywhere else, and since this is a region interaction, it wouldn't even make sense to reference it anywhere else.

DaiVrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »

Automatic shearing isn't possible, but you can use nest boxes and [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:] to make your pet "shear" itself.

Can a creature both lay unusual eggs and reproduce by egg laying?
If I do the following:

[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHERY_EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:200]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:2:4]
[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:GLOB:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:DRAKE_SCALE]
[EGG_SIZE:100]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:6:8]

Then will it allow the creature to lay both eggs to produce offspring and "eggs" to shed scales?
What would determine how frequently each type of egg was laid?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: July 22, 2013, 02:49:56 pm »

I have no idea if both egg-laying types would work together. I guess it won't hurt if you try it for yourself. As for the frequency, I have no idea either. Testing is probably appropriate.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:39 am »

Does the [FREQUENCY] creature tag (or lack of) affect which animals are available on the embark screen (like dogs, ducks, etc)?

I know that for domestic animals there is the common_domestic tags, but if you mod goblins to be controllable, you'll notice that the only animals they can embark with are always Trolls and sometimes Ogres, the main difference I found between those two is the frequency tag, Trolls lack it altogether.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:14:47 am by Kaos »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: July 23, 2013, 06:00:02 am »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, no.

Goblins get ogres and trolls because they have [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]. This lets them domesticate evil sapients even if they don't have any [PET] or [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tags. It's more like a mutual understanding that it's time to bash heads.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5518 on: July 23, 2013, 11:24:03 am »

Does the [FREQUENCY] creature tag (or lack of) affect which animals are available on the embark screen (like dogs, ducks, etc)?

I know that for domestic animals there is the common_domestic tags, but if you mod goblins to be controllable, you'll notice that the only animals they can embark with are always Trolls and sometimes Ogres, the main difference I found between those two is the frequency tag, Trolls lack it altogether.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, no.

Goblins get ogres and trolls because they have [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]. This lets them domesticate evil sapients even if they don't have any [PET] or [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tags. It's more like a mutual understanding that it's time to bash heads.
[BIOME] not [FREQUENCY] the FREQUENCY more over determins how often they show up in the random packs (if they are chosen to be that biomes 4-5 creatures) And the BIOME determines where they are, Ogres are
   [BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
   [BIOME:SAVANNA_TEMPERATE]
   [BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE]
   [BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TROPICAL]
   [BIOME:SAVANNA_TROPICAL]
   [BIOME:GRASSLAND_TROPICAL]
and EVIL so a goblin civ needs to have some control over a EVIL + (above biomes) to get Ogres, and even then they have to be chosen by the world generator to be in that BIOME (someone had posted the formula in which creatures are picked for a biome)

And since goblins both have USE_CAVE_ANIMALS and USE_EVIL_ANIMALS which Trolls are both in caves and evil and caves tend to spread a bit farther then most other biomes (I believe) if anything goblins more or less have higher chances to live by an evil cavern.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: July 23, 2013, 04:01:00 pm »

So if the goblin civ happens to have access to the Ogres biomes and they get lucky with the RNG they get Ogres, right? I think they have frequency:50 so there's 50% chances of those biomes to actually have Ogres.

But what happens when you omit the frequency tag on a creature? like Trolls, are they 100% of the time guaranteed to show up on that biome?

Why don't playable Goblins are able to bring Giant Toads or Giant Cave Swallows or Giant Cave Spiders or other cave creatures?

I also tested modding Elves to be playable and removed the USE_ANY_PET_RACE, they are left only with Unicorns (no Frequency tag), why don't they get the other GOOD animals (all the remaining good animals have frequency tags)? I modded the frequency tags off the other good animals, yet the Elves would only have Unicorns on embark.

I modded Dwarves, removed all the common_domestic tag as to leave them only with the cave creatures I even modded off the frequency tags from Giant Toads, Giant Cave Swallows, etc, yet they get no animals at all on embark...

Isn't there a way to have let's say the Elves bring certain rooster of good animals the same way they always have access to Unicorns, Goblins a rooster of cave and evil animals the same way they always have access to Trolls and Dwarves to a rooster of mountain and cave animals, Kobolds and Animal-men a rooster of cave animals and leave the regular domestic animals to humans?

Also have a random rooster like the Ogres for Goblins that would only show up if the civ happens to have access to those biomes and the RNG was good to them?
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 544