Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002156 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5550 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:31 pm »

Well I tried putting  [PLAYABLE_RACE] Token Under Bronze Colossus on Creature Standard .txt but I removed it because it was one of Problems. And I remember tried Spawning Logs on the reaction smelter on my Dwarf Fortress mode but that didn't work. :/ And that all . Should I just get a another Fresh Copy of Dwarf fortress and deletes the old One . Also did Bronze Colossus Playable on adventure worked?

There is no [PLAYABLE_RACE] token. You can't just make them up. Anything not on the wiki doesn't exist. Etc.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: July 25, 2013, 12:56:09 am »

what happens if I add
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
but omit
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:2]

UNDERGROUND_DEPTH defaults to what values?

Also has anyone tried
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0]
in the wiki says that level 0 is above ground, would a creature show up everywhere?

Edit:
is it impossible to have a creature to show up both on the surface and in the caverns? I tried:
[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1][PET]
but it seems to simply ignore the subterranean biome, a civ with USE_CAVE_ANIMALS is unable to embark with them while they are perfectly fine with:
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1][PET]

I was intending to have mountain goats and other exclusively mountain creatures become pets for Dwarves only (without using the domestic tags, in a similar manner how GOOD, EVIL work) by adding:
but it seems that tag alone doesn't make them selectable by the USE_CAVE_ANIMALS, also adding the caverns as second biome:
[BIOME:MOUNTAIN][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1][PET]
doesn't seem to work either... =/

Also trying to trick it by using:
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0]
doesn't work at all the creature simply doesn't show up ever.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:47:17 am by Kaos »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5552 on: July 25, 2013, 11:53:43 am »

what happens if I add
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
but omit
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:2]

UNDERGROUND_DEPTH defaults to what values?

Also has anyone tried
in the wiki says that level 0 is above ground, would a creature show up everywhere?

Edit:
is it impossible to have a creature to show up both on the surface and in the caverns? I tried:
[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1][PET]
but it seems to simply ignore the subterranean biome, a civ with USE_CAVE_ANIMALS is unable to embark with them while they are perfectly fine with:
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1][PET]

I was intending to have mountain goats and other exclusively mountain creatures become pets for Dwarves only (without using the domestic tags, in a similar manner how GOOD, EVIL work) by adding:
but it seems that tag alone doesn't make them selectable by the USE_CAVE_ANIMALS, also adding the caverns as second biome:
[BIOME:MOUNTAIN][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1][PET]
doesn't seem to work either... =/

Also trying to trick it by using:
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0]
doesn't work at all the creature simply doesn't show up ever.

for special critters involving the caves use the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0 then common domestic, they should count as cave creatures thus not allowed for the other races (unless they use cave creatures too) if that fails make them depth 1:1 but give them [NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER][NO_AUTUMN][NO_WINTER] thus they show up for embarking/trading but never in game

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: July 25, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

What are [INTERNAL] body parts internal to, the CONTYPE?

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: July 25, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

for special critters involving the caves use the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0 then common domestic, they should count as cave creatures thus not allowed for the other races (unless they use cave creatures too) if that fails make them depth 1:1 but give them [NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER][NO_AUTUMN][NO_WINTER] thus they show up for embarking/trading but never in game
In my previous trials I used several combinations of UNDERGROUND_DEPTH and Biomes tags, what I found out was:
1) Biome: Subterranean_Chasm seems to get overrode by above ground biomes, I tried:
[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1]
All those only showed up as products for civs with above ground access.

2)
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:0] doesn't work at all for CAVE civs, if you want to get the creature by USE_CAVE_ANIMALS you need to include cave level 1, these do work:
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1]

3) My most recent test involved seeing if I could abuse the different COMMON_DOMESTIC_? tags, for let's say give dwarves access by using COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT and leave the other tags for humans only:
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][MOUNT] works for products only
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][MOUNT_EXOTIC] doesn't work at all, neither for selectables nor products
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET_EXOTIC]doesn't work at all, neither for selectables nor products

4) I still have to try the WAGON_PULLER and PACK_ANIMAL by themselves (without the PET tag that obviously do work)

The only way I see your suggestion working is by trying:
[NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER][NO_AUTUMN][NO_WINTER]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC][PET]
So the creature doesn't really show inside the caverns but is still selectable as a pet, the downside is that I *think* it will not only show for the USE_CAVE_ANIMALS civs but also for all the civs with COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET, so I'd have to give dwarves both tags? and humans by only having the domestic one would also have access to the pets and goblins with only cave would have access because of the combination of cave biome, depth 1 and pet tags?
Maybe like this:

[NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER][NO_AUTUMN][NO_WINTER]
[PET]
I suspect this won't work since the seasons tags completely remove the creatures and there's nothing to force them to be selectable like the COMMON_DOMESTIC tag?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:44:46 pm by Kaos »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: July 25, 2013, 01:45:31 pm »

What are [INTERNAL] body parts internal to, the CONTYPE?

Well... yeah.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:SKULL]
[BP:SKULL:skull:STP]
[CONTYPE:HEAD]
[INTERNAL]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: July 25, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

CONTYPE or CON or CON_CAT.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

CONTYPE or CON or CON_CAT.

Ok, instead of asking a series of questions to get at where I'm going, let me just ask - are there no bones in a hydra's necks?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: July 25, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »

Bones are tissues, not BPs. I would assume that there are bones in hydra's necks.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: July 25, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

Bones are tissues, not BPs.

I know the difference.   Assumptions are bad.

A hydra uses BODY:7HEADNECKS which categorizes the necks as CATEGORY:NECK.

The body detail template it uses is VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS, which loads muscle, fat and scale.  There is nothing internal to the necks...so where is the bone?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5560 on: July 25, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »

The body detail template it uses is VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS, which loads muscle, fat and scale.  There is nothing internal to the necks...so where is the bone?
wha--

my hydras have "[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]"
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:NECK:ARG3:50:ARG2:5:ARG1:1] in the BDP
you are indeed correct that there is no bones in the necks. However is the neck connected to the HEAD for hydras? Cause I'm going to assume that the internal SPINE bodypart uses bone.

EDIT:

Funny enough hydras use SPINE which (my current raws) is the middle and lower spine (upperbody lowerbody) so the hydra necks (which got Neck to body Head to Neck) lack any spine or bone You could just add in NECK_SPINE then all 7 necks would have a spine

But what would be the issue with breaking one neck spine? Will the NERVOUS tissue understand that there are 7 THOUGHT parts and happily not cripple the whole beast?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:18:19 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

wha--

SPINE

But what would be the issue with breaking one neck spine? Will the NERVOUS tissue understand that there are 7 THOUGHT parts and happily not cripple the whole beast?

Yes, this is what I was getting at.  The BODY:7HEADNECKS:SPINE (categorized as NECK/SPINE) combo that hydras use is working differently than the BODY:NECK:SPINE (all categorized as SPINE) that other creatures (such as dragons) use - they are more like meat tubes.

It may have been intentional on Toady's part.  I thought having multiple heads made it redundant (like an ettin), but I'll have to test a bit.

Also, on the loaded tissue layers, I was referring to just what the neck loads, not what the template sends in.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:27:04 pm by Dwarfu »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: July 25, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »

I added in the NECK_SPINE x7 and changed the CON_CAT to CON to connect/be internal to the meat necks, since they connect to the upper body already.  Put 6 hydras in the arena and didn't notice anything strange yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: July 25, 2013, 03:15:45 pm »

I've dealt with so many people asking questions, I tend not to keep track.

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: July 25, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »

Alot of people seem to like vampirism I imagine because its like an instant boost to your stats and you no longer have to eat or sleep only needing blood from living creatures I wanted to make a reaction for vampirism that would allow an adventurer to become one easily basically cheating for vampirism but so far I am having trouble. If anyone can point out my mistake I would appreciate it. Thanx

I made a new plant. The placement of the syndrome, or the syndrome itself may be the issue.

and an adventurer reaction

I'm sure my mistake is obvious I just can't see it...
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 544