Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002291 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5865 on: August 23, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »

I have a civ with these entries in the entity. All kinds of armors to chose from.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The tags are correct, but whenever I spawn a caravan, the bodyguards only wear 1 weapon, 1 shield, 1 helm, 1 breastplate. No greaves. No gauntlets. No boots. Anyone got any ideas what might cause this?

They do have access to these items, because the traders trade steel boots with me, its just that the guards dont wear any.  ???

This is a vanilla issue, I believe. Whenever I raid a caravan or peek into inventories I've noticed that every race has guards with only 1 weapon, shield, helm, and body armour, in addition to random "civilian" clothes. Except ranged units, which never have shields but usually have ~20-30 bolts/arrows, assuming some random bunny didn't catch their attention.

I feel I should point out that's more "realistic" logic than players expect, in the sense that the most your average soldier would have is the bare minimum to ensure adequate protection and good mobility. Most infantrymen in a middle ages type setting don't have the coin to shell out on a full suit of metal armor after all; that stuff's for the elite troops/nobility. And realistically crossbowmen can't use their weapons one handed, and until deployable pavise shields are implemented they'll probably always stay shieldless. Personally I never give my marksdwarves shields for that reason :P

Of note I have seen that in general most enemies also come to battle similarly (even dwarves,) but weapon masters usually (though not always) have a full suit of better quality metal armor and better quality weapons, lending to it that most soldiers have what they could afford. As it seems hardcoded, I actually have to say this is one of the more realistic things I've noticed about the game, excluding how combat is handled.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: August 23, 2013, 04:39:55 pm »

Code: [Select]
    [SYNDROME]   
 [SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND] autosyndrome command begins here
   [SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION] [SYN_CLASS:\ALLOW_MULTIPLE_TARGETS]
   [SYN_CLASS:\REACTION_INDEX] [SYN_NAME:animation]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_CONTACT][SYN_INHALED]
         [CE:CREATURE:ORK:BOY]
   [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:100:START:0:END:1]

The CE:CREATURE is part of CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION. You don't actually have a command here; what are you trying to do?
I copyed it over from the masterwork golem tranformasion. But what i m try to do is spawn a creature without transformation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: August 23, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

Extremely difficult, if not impossible. There are some DFHack scripts for that, but they often crash the game.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: August 23, 2013, 04:50:20 pm »

Extremely difficult, if not impossible. There are some DFHack scripts for that, but they often crash the game.
Oh...
Well...
Shit.
Guess il have to revise my plans.

blazing glory

« Reply #5869 on: August 23, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

where are wrestling moves kept?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5870 on: August 23, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »

hard coded

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5871 on: August 23, 2013, 05:16:18 pm »

I have a civ with these entries in the entity. All kinds of armors to chose from.

The tags are correct, but whenever I spawn a caravan, the bodyguards only wear 1 weapon, 1 shield, 1 helm, 1 breastplate. No greaves. No gauntlets. No boots. Anyone got any ideas what might cause this?

They do have access to these items, because the traders trade steel boots with me, its just that the guards dont wear any.  ???

This is a vanilla issue, I believe. Whenever I raid a caravan or peek into inventories I've noticed that every race has guards with only 1 weapon, shield, helm, and body armour, in addition to random "civilian" clothes. Except ranged units, which never have shields but usually have ~20-30 bolts/arrows, assuming some random bunny didn't catch their attention.

Hu? Ok... thats a bit surprising, but at least its an explanation. Thanks :) Guess I have to give them civilian clothing with metal-grade cloth to fix that.

Jaso11111: I did spawn creatures from the worker only, but it never really worked well. I would go with a cheap base-creature that multiplies. (for example Ork Spawn Pod, costs only 1 at embark) and use this for your new orcs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:40 pm »

Hu? Ok... thats a bit surprising, but at least its an explanation. Thanks :) Guess I have to give them civilian clothing with metal-grade cloth to fix that.

Jaso11111: I did spawn creatures from the worker only, but it never really worked well. I would go with a cheap base-creature that multiplies. (for example Ork Spawn Pod, costs only 1 at embark) and use this for your new orcs.

Thanks,what im planing on doing is have a eating sguig transformed into an ork and just say you need to throw the sguig in the pit for the ork to gain enough energy to come out of the pod

blazing glory

« Reply #5873 on: August 23, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

hard coded

oh well another question can it be possible to mod in pregnacy for female adventurers?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: August 23, 2013, 05:57:54 pm »

hard coded

oh well another question can it be possible to mod in pregnacy for female adventurers?

Mod it in? No, probably not. Using DFHack to make the adventurer pregnant? Probably. In fact, I think there is a plug-in in dfusion for that.

blazing glory

« Reply #5875 on: August 23, 2013, 06:09:44 pm »

ah :) i'm using master work mod so it comes with DFusion and such but yeah found it!

EDIT i was hoping it would take longer to give birth rather then spurting babies out
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:16:12 pm by blazing glory »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26:13 pm »

Ok looks like i need your help lads (again...):
Code: [Select]
creature_ork_squigs

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:EATING_SGUIG]
[DESCRIPTION:An Eating Squig is a limbless blob used as the primary Ork food source. It resembles an elongated, squarish slug with two eyes and a small pug mouth between its two eyes.]
[NAME:eating squig:eating squigs:eating squig]
[CASTE_NAME:eating squig:eating squigs:eating squig]
[CREATURE_TILE:'S'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[PETVALUE:10]
[PREFSTRING:limpless blob]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[BENIGN][PET]
        [BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY:BASIC_HEAD:HEART:GUTS:BRAIN:MOUTH:2EYES]
[NATURAL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:BONE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:BONE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:MOLLUSC_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE]
[HAS_NERVES]
[SPEED:2900]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ICHOR:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[MUNDANE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:500]
        [BODY_SIZE:1:0:1000]
        [BODY_SIZE:2:0:1500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[NO_SLEEP]
        [CHILD:1]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:young sguig:young sguigs]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10070]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[MUNDANE]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
        [CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GREEN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
When ever i try to embark with this creature it crashes my game. I used a combinason of cow and slag files with some edits.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: August 23, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »

@blazing glory:

Yeah, I don't think there is much of a gestation time with the DFusion method, but I'm unsure of any alternatives other than having her show up at your fort as a migrant then getting her to marry someone.

@Jaso11111

Two body detail plans for applying tissues? You have both VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS and MOLLUSC_TISSUE_LAYERS. Even though you have the same tissues for each layer there may be some conflict, I believe.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:47:58 pm by BlackFlyme »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: August 23, 2013, 07:04:21 pm »

Considering how much i ask for help here i must not be a very good modder  :-[ .
Anyway new problem is that my custom civ dosent have access to any plants ,vannila or otherwise. Not sure the case of that.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: August 23, 2013, 07:18:45 pm »

Considering how much i ask for help here i must not be a very good modder  :-[ .
Anyway new problem is that my custom civ dosent have access to any plants ,vannila or otherwise. Not sure the case of that.

Don't worry about it, everyone has trouble from time to time.

Does your civ have [OUTDOOR_FARMING] or [INDOOR_FARMING]? They may also need [PERMITTED_JOB:PLANTER] and/or [PERMITTED_JOB:HERBALIST].
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 544