Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 985922 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6510 on: November 18, 2013, 10:19:21 pm »

I appreciate the advice, but the edit I did was fairly small, and I had the same error across multiple mods...

it's not letting me modify a selected material within a body_detail_plan inside the creature entry.

I'm just wondering if that's a normal limitation.

but...

according to the modding wiki I can...
Code: [Select]
    [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:
    THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:SKIN]
        [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10600]

Update:
while I don't have an answer, I'm not as concerned anymore.  I just found out my mod doesn't multiply_value that much, and since i'm using more leather mod, it gives me more leather.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:44:09 pm by thistleknot »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6511 on: November 19, 2013, 01:00:32 am »

Sorry mine didn't help, but yeah, answers can take a bit, especially around this time, just hit midnight over in CST.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: November 19, 2013, 01:04:09 am »

It's not a normal limitation; are you sure you're selecting the material correctly?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: November 19, 2013, 02:06:00 am »

example (concept borrowed from billy jack "more of less leather" mod)

move a [use_material_template:leather:leather_template] from a creature entry

into a new [creature:animal_leather]

and then include that creature in a body detail plan as such
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ANIMAL_LEATHER]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER]

Then this won't work in a creature definition

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ANIMAL_LEATHER]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]

the multiply_value gets thrown in the errorlog.  Happens with any body_detail_plan I create.  It's like the body_detail_plan is read only, or constant values...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:13:12 am by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: November 19, 2013, 02:31:10 am »

Because SELECT_MATERIAL can only affect LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT. What you're trying to do is change every single creature's LEATHER material to be twice as valuable.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: November 19, 2013, 02:33:26 am »

Why would you want to increase just a few creature's leathers if they are only going to show up as leather?  You won't be able to distinguish them from any other leather.

If you want to change all leather to be higher value than go to the leather template and increase the value.

Just looked at your mod:

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER]
   [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_2]   
   [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_3]
   [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_4]
   [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_5]

The game's going to be confused about what LEATHER material identifier you are trying to refer to when the game tries to tan the hide to leather.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:47:37 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6516 on: November 19, 2013, 03:35:42 am »

Question, I assume it's impossible to have certain foods slowly train stats? The only way I could think of it was syndromes, but I'm pretty sure a food can't impart more then a single syndrome, and when that syndrome is active, it doesn't stack with itself.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: November 19, 2013, 03:39:27 am »

Yeah, Aye, that's the rub.

EDIT: Corrected my English.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:52:47 am by Putnam »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6518 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:44 am »

Damn. Thank yah anyway!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: November 19, 2013, 07:55:21 am »

Why would you want to increase just a few creature's leathers if they are only going to show up as leather? You won't be able to distinguish them from any other leather. If you want to change all leather to be higher value than go to the leather template and increase the value. Just looked at your mod: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] . . . [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER] [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_2] [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_3] [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_4] [ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER_5] The game's going to be confused about what LEATHER material identifier you are trying to refer to when the game tries to tan the hide to leather.
i was just trying to preserve civforges few creatures who had more valuable leather. another example would be trying tonset a dragons scales to its_hard by doing a more of less scales setuo similar to leather. or trying to setup specific colors for slugs shell... now that putnam has stated select_material is for local_creature_mat and what im trying to do is modify all leather (or shell or scale) i see how the raws work... hrmm i guess if i wamt to retain secific creatures behavior for some creature materials (such as dragon scales allowed to be item_hard). i cant do all creatures as billy jacks setup

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:53 am »

This is correct.  Incidentally, giving humans dragonfire makes them burn themselves up unless the caste is properly fireproofed, which is significantly more of a pain in the ass than just giving them [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER], requiring a full overhaul of body materials.  If you'd like help with that, it's something I've done before, and I'd be happy to share my material templates.

I've been looking into how dragons do it and figuring things out that way, but help would be greatly appreciated! I've basically been doing some caste-specific interaction stuff (mostly magical powers) to get into the flow of things after a long pause. I'll only probably give dragonfire to self-destructing gobbo pyromaniacs, but if I ever get to secrets it'd great to knowing how to fireproof stuff.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: November 19, 2013, 09:44:44 am »

thanks billy jack for the advice, I fixed the tiered leather to represent leather_2 vs just leather

quick question.

My mod shows padded leather armor in the arena, but I can't embark with it.

Any ideas?

Also...

In arena mode, I can create weapons like quicksilver short sword.  I believe quicksilver is a liquid.

I can also create metal short swords.  I take it metal is some material template used for something other than metals.

Any ideas if this is a missing bracket, or normal?

mod is here
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8110

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: November 19, 2013, 10:48:37 am »

You should really read the thread you are borrowing from.

The leathers you can embark with are related to the creatures you have available at embark.  If you have a creature who's tanned hide will become LEATHER_4, then you will have it available.  In MW, you get to embark with Tough Leather because of the pekyts, and rigid scaleplate from the drakes.  You don't get to embark with rigid chitinplate because none of the embark creatures can have their hides directly tanned into it.

When I added some of the creatures that have the Mythskin and Deephide, they became available at embark.

Edit: I hope you've figured out by now that your setup will not be friendly with the Workflow GUI.  Putting multiple items under a nameless creature means that to specify one of those materials, you will need to look through the entire list and locate the blank entry for the creature that you have it under.

Edit2: If you want some creatures to maintain their more valuable leather, then don't use the BODY_DETAIL_PLAN for their leather. Remove any leather that you are getting from a BODY_DETAIL_PLAN and then [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] in the creatures that you want to have more valuable leather. Not doing this will mean that you "leather" value x and "leather" value 2x.  Remove the BDP leather and putting [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] will give you "leather" value x and "cow leather" value 2x.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:38:09 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6523 on: November 19, 2013, 12:45:08 pm »

Question, I assume it's impossible to have certain foods slowly train stats? The only way I could think of it was syndromes, but I'm pretty sure a food can't impart more then a single syndrome, and when that syndrome is active, it doesn't stack with itself.

Actually...I just thought of a way that might work.
Give a food 100 seperate syndromes, each one which has a 1% chance of multiplying a given stat by 101%.  (Or different numbers, depending on how you want it to work).  After a single eating, chances are good that one syndrome will take effect, the others will have no effect and will therefore not be stored.  After a second eating, you'll probably have another syndrome take effect, which probably won't be the same one as the first, so they won't cancel each other out.  And so on.  Not every eating will definately raise the stat (as more syndromes take effect, the probability of the stat being raised further will drop) but it's functionally similar.
I'm going to use this if it works.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: November 19, 2013, 04:47:38 pm »

I had the crazy idea of giving megabeasts (even Bronze Colossi, if possible, may have to give them genders) the [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] tag and see what happens. I read that they need the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] tag, however, being megabeasts, anything else I might need to add? Other than maybe genders for Bronze Colossi.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 544