Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002437 times)

Jaxblaz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7200 on: February 14, 2014, 02:19:47 am »

im not trying to spam but what is the most up to date link for a "Step by Step guide and Introduction to creating a Tileset"

any help is appreciated. i cant figure out the tools you need, and how to make your different sized sprites for different formats and then enter them in specific mods you created for specific entities or items, etc.

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: February 14, 2014, 10:31:38 am »

Hi All,
I wasn't sure my question would warrant its own thread, so I'm posting here as it's probably a very simple matter. I'm just now starting to look at additions to vanilla DF, namely dfhack. I was trying to use workflow without the gui and was struggling a little. I've read the thread on the gui plugin, and Meph provided these directions to someone asking about how to enable it:

Create a dfack.init, add these lines:
keybinding add Ctrl-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some "gui/workflow"
keybinding add Ctrl-I "gui/workflow status"
Put it into your dwarf fortress folder

So...to make an .init file would I just open notepad, paste the keybindings into it, save it as "dfhack.init," and then drop that file into my DF folder? Should it go anywhere in particular?

I know this is pretty simple stuff for most of the community here, but I'm way out of my depth and trying to learn.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7202 on: February 14, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

If you have dfhack already installed, you should have a dfhack init example already in your DF folder. It goes right next to the DF.exe. You can just rename the example file to "dfhack.init" and it will work. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:08 pm »

Ah! Wow, that was very simple. Thank you for the help :)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: February 14, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »

Trying to mod hydras to have castes with a different number of heads for each caste. Also trying to give the whole species toxic blood. I think I broke something, I get an errorlog of
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_standard.txt"
HYDRA:Body detail plan not found:BASIC_2PARTBODY

I did no tampering with the basic 2part body bit, dunno why it's doing that. Maybe I misordered tags or something. Originally all the castes were at the end of the default code. The castes all showed up, but all castes had the 7heads template. Moving the castes up past the [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] bit resulted in the 2part body errors, and hydras not showing up at all in arena testing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another issue was the hydra blood showing up as "animal n/a" instead. I assume I fixed it by removing a repetitive tag relating to choosing the blood material. I haven't actually tested that part yet because of hydras not working at all now. Problem could also be that I didn't define a specifically made materiel just for hydra blood, only that it should use the original blood material template and have the associated symptoms.

I'm just bad at creature modding. Help?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7205 on: February 14, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »

Get rid of the first BODY:stuff tag you have, the one that's right after the prefstring and before you start defining the castes.  The errors are because most of your castes have BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:stuff instead of BODY:stuff.  Those are very different tags, and you want BODY, like you used for the 7-headed castes.

Instead of BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HYDRABLOOD:LIQUID, I think you want BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HYDRABLOOD:LIQUID.

That's all I saw with a quick look.  Try those changes and see if it works better.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: February 14, 2014, 08:58:04 pm »

I'm trying to add sydromes to megabeast blood so that whoever drinks it gains special abilities. Dragons I've got sorted; you drink the blood, you can breathe dragonfire. Now I'm trying to get giant blood to provide an increase in strength and toughness, akin to the conversion to vampirism. So, I went down to the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] tag and inserted this little bit under it:
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
I left agility in so that I could easily whether my speed increased or not in the arena. It didn't, and as far as I can tell the syndrome does nothing, if the game even recognizes it. Can anyone help?

So, no help then?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7207 on: February 14, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »

Do you get the syndrome, but it does nothing, or do you not get it at all?
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: February 14, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »

I just tried adding it underneath the giant's blood definition in my game, and it seems to work in the arena just fine. It takes a few moves before it takes effect, but my speed almost doubled and my description changed to say that I'm now incredibly muscular.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

Though my stats page says I'm still of average strength, agility, and toughness.

keegspot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: February 14, 2014, 09:59:25 pm »

how do you upload zip folders to DFFD?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: February 15, 2014, 05:39:47 am »

You upload them like any other file. If your problem is making a zip folder, you should be able to right-click the folder and select a "Compress..." or a "Create archive" option or similar, then follow the steps. If your problem is getting the thing up on DFFD, you need to make a DFFD account, then you just click "Upload", and under the section "Upload the file" you click "Browse..." to find the file, then press "Upload This File".

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: February 15, 2014, 11:52:45 am »

Get rid of the first BODY:stuff tag you have, the one that's right after the prefstring and before you start defining the castes.  The errors are because most of your castes have BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:stuff instead of BODY:stuff.  Those are very different tags, and you want BODY, like you used for the 7-headed castes.

Instead of BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HYDRABLOOD:LIQUID, I think you want BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HYDRABLOOD:LIQUID.

That's all I saw with a quick look.  Try those changes and see if it works better.

You can have several BODY tags, and they add up.

For example, you can put a BODY without the number of necks then add one BODY for each caste containing what is really specific.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7212 on: February 15, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »

You can have several BODY tags, and they add up.

For example, you can put a BODY without the number of necks then add one BODY for each caste containing what is really specific.

What Boltgun really means is:

[BODY:2PART_BODY:3PART_LEGS:2WINGS:etc]

CASTE:2HEAD_MALE
[BODY:2HEAD_NECKS]
CASTE:7HEAD_FEMALE
[BODY:7HEAD_NECKS]
so on and so forth

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: February 15, 2014, 01:30:35 pm »

I got the castes and all working. I did the different number of heads with specific body plans for each number of heads, based on the original 7headnecks plan. I could probably go back and change it later to a less convoluted method, but eh.

Also got the caustic blood on contact syndromes and poisonous breath working properly. I want to make it so if you drink the blood it causes syndromes that pretty much melt you from the inside out, with max pain and bleeding effecting the entire body...it's not working at all, although there aren't any errors relating to the new syndrome tags now. The problem is probably me having to actually choose what parts are effected, rather than use localized to handle it.

Spoiler: relevant code (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: February 15, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »

Probably because you're using BY_CATEGORY:APETURE when you probably mean BY_TYPE:APERTURE.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 544