Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002412 times)

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7350 on: March 14, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

I need a little help, I'm making Elves a playable race, with their own special workshop, the "Druidic Workshop." I've been on a coding buzz for the last few hours, and I need to know how to make a [THREAD] material have properties similar to iron, or some other material while still sharing the name of the plant. Here is my code.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:03 pm »

I have these 3 region interactions but i've never ever seen them in game

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not too high on my priority list but would be nice if I can have these showing up around the world.

Those interactions are fine.I guess it have something to do with the world_gen.txt.Try setting               [REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER] [DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER] [EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER] and [EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER] all to 0 and see if it appears.Maybe the game have a cap on those interactions or something like that.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7352 on: March 14, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »

@MCipher: thread/cloth as good as iron

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:DRUIDIC_VINE]
[NAME:druidic vine][NAME_PLURAL:druidic vines][ADJ:druidic vine]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[PICKED_TILE:236][PICKED_COLOR:2:0:1]
[GROWDUR:250][VALUE:3]
[SPRING]
[THREAD_PLANT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:druidic vine seed:druidic vine seeds:2:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[THREAD]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[FREQUENCY:60]
[PREFSTRING:magic properties]
[BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[GOOD][WET]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
---Copy values from IRON in INORGANIC_METAL.TXT---
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
        [THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD]

@Magnusen: Yeah I set all those to 0 even tried 1. Everyone else has these working in their mods, even compared it to narihils from LFR never ever see them. I just want some apocalyptic weather patterns is that so wrong to ask?

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: March 14, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »

-SNIP-
@Magnusen: Yeah I set all those to 0 even tried 1. Everyone else has these working in their mods, even compared it to narihils from LFR never ever see them. I just want some apocalyptic weather patterns is that so wrong to ask?
Like this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: March 14, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »

-SNIP-
Like this?
Fixed it, Idk why you kept placing [THREAD] inside the material also the extra naming was unneeded. See it goes like this:
USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE
--create a new material based off of a template (plant thread)--
---Right after this call look for material related tags (SHEAR, IMPACT, HEATDAM, etc..)---

THREAD
--this pretty much is it's own thing, this is what says to the game "This plant can be processed to make thread" ending any MATERIAL changes--

also adding in that extra naming would have got you:
druidic vine druidic vine thread/cloth. If you wanted the name of the thread to be different from the plant then yes you would give the material a STATE_NAME and add a [PREFIX:NONE] so the plant's name is not added to the material

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: March 15, 2014, 09:01:42 am »

I recently been getting a lot of world rejections based on the "Placed farming entity without crops" error.What are the common causes of this?.I maked a standard berry plant to serve as a template,replacing the BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT of all the farming plants with the BASIC_MAT:PLANT_MAT:x (x = name of the standard plant).Maybe this is causing the error?

EDIT:reverted to the base BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT but still got 3 rejections.All the rejections that i got are based on that error.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:15:34 am by Magnusen »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:52 am »

I recently been getting a lot of world rejections based on the "Placed farming entity without crops" error.What are the common causes of this?.I maked a standard berry plant to serve as a template,replacing the BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT of all the farming plants with the BASIC_MAT:PLANT_MAT:x (x = name of the standard plant).Maybe this is causing the error?

EDIT:reverted to the base BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT but still got 3 rejections.All the rejections that i got are based on that error.

Remove all FARMING tags in the entities, and add NO_EAT to them for worldgen, if you want them to eat give them an interaction that removes NO_EAT during gameplay.

I got those ALOT when I was doing my RTS mod over (removed all farmable crops)

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: March 15, 2014, 01:11:30 pm »

If I wanted a Resurrection/Reanimation Interaction with a Transformation, that has different Transformations for different types of Creatures; would this work?

[I_SOURCE:(whatever Source)]
      [Other IS_tokens]
[I_TARGET:A:(Corpse type A)]
      [First set of IT_tokens]
[I_EFFECT:A:(Effect)]
      [IE_tokens]
      [SYNDROME]
      [Other CE_tokens]
      [CE_TRANSFORMATION:(First trans-creature)]
[I_TARGET:A:(Corpse type B)]
      [Alternate set of IT_tokens]
      [IE_tokens]
      [SYNDROME]
      [Other CE_tokens]
      [CE_TRANSFORMATION:(alternate trans-creature)]

Assuming that the first and second sets of [I_TARGET:A:__]'s IT_tokens' are mutually exclusive.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: March 15, 2014, 02:52:43 pm »

If I wanted a Resurrection/Reanimation Interaction with a Transformation, that has different Transformations for different types of Creatures; would this work?

[I_SOURCE:(whatever Source)]
      [Other IS_tokens]
[I_TARGET:A:(Corpse type A)]
      [First set of IT_tokens]
      [IE_tokens]
      [SYNDROME]
      [Other CE_tokens]
      [CE_TRANSFORMATION:(First trans-creature)]
[I_TARGET:A:(Corpse type B)]
      [Alternate set of IT_tokens]
      [IE_tokens]
      [SYNDROME]
      [Other CE_tokens]
      [CE_TRANSFORMATION:(alternate trans-creature)]

Assuming that the first and second sets of [I_TARGET:A:__]'s IT_tokens' are mutually exclusive.

Actually you just need one corpse and one effect/animate/resurrect. See your corpse will have the limits (Like only this creature or these creature classes) and then you have a snydrome for each creature that is being affected

IE

SYNDROME
AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE
TRANSFORM:DOG:MALE

SYNDROME
AFFECT_CREATURE:ELF:FEMALE
TRANSFORM:DOG:FEMALE

so on and so forth until all your desired creatures are added in

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: March 15, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »

Ah, thanks! I overlooked using the [SYN_AFFECTED] and [SYN_IMMUNE] Tokens with a Interacted-based (passed?) Syndrome for additional effect specification. That is so much better.

Cool :)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: March 16, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »

What does a shield's UPSTEP value serve? It increases the weight, sure, but does it do anything to protect you?

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: March 16, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

I need some help making armor, I need an armor to be made out of plant fiber thread, and ONLY plant fiber thread. Is there a token to do this other than [SOFT]?
What does a shield's UPSTEP value serve? It increases the weight, sure, but does it do anything to protect you?
I think it makes the shield bigger and more covering? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59:47 pm »

I need some help making armor, I need an armor to be made out of plant fiber thread, and ONLY plant fiber thread. Is there a token to do this other than [SOFT]?

Not that I'm aware of. The only advice I can think of is to make a reaction that only accepts plant fibre.

Does anyone know what exactly is required to make a creature butcherable? I've added [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:BAR:NONE] to the metal template and removed [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] from the bronze colossus raw, but colossi corpses are ignored by butchers.

If I force butcher a corpse in the arena or if I slaughter a tame colossus, then I get the bars, but when I stand over the corpse as an adventurer, the option does not come up in the butcher sub-menu. A similar thing occurs for other creatures not made of animal materials, such as treants and elementals/constructs.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: March 17, 2014, 01:18:19 am »

What's the correct way to make an entity that uses only one metal?

I've made one without [METAL_PREF], and gave them this reaction:

as well as the required building and some weapons. But when their invaders arrived, there were only wrestlers.

Detail: the creature that the entity uses has some intelligent (also with [equips]) and some unintelligent (no [equips]) castes. And the unintelligent ones actually had the weapon-using professions (swordsman and marksman, but without any equipment), and the intelligent ones were just wrestlers. Although, the metal *was* used in some of the intelligent ones' clothing articles that had [HARD][METAL], but not [ARMORLEVEL].
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:30:28 am by Valikdu »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: March 17, 2014, 09:00:02 am »

I think it makes the shield bigger and more covering? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Black Flyme suggested custom reactions to make them, that would work only then you'd lack gloves as they need a LEFT and RIGHT and we cannot define that in reactions yet, but with DFHACK you can force the game to do so. Another suggestion is to make it a leather type. LEATHER is a armor material, however invaders will bring leather clothes not armor, just something to think about.

@Valikdu

To make them use one metal, leave METAL_PREF in the entity (so they prefer metal) remove FURANCE_OPERATOR leave all blacksmithing jobs permitted, and give your custom reaction. Removing the FURNACE_OPERATOR prevents them from melting their own local metals. Forcing them to use the only thing that they can, the reaction metal. And since they prefer metal that give them a bonus for using it. (not a real bonus combat wise, just interest in using it wise)

EQUIPS more or less just determins if they wear clothing/armor because weapons are "held/picked up" not "worn" also make sure the intelligent ones can use the weapons (correct size).
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 544